“Honesty is the only word i could think of...”

The President Hotel
Ranked #18 of 101 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
George Town, Malaysia
“Honesty is the only word i could think of...”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

When i was there for a 1 night stay with my family,i left my Ipad at a table near the reception area during my check-out.I only noticed about it around 15 minutes later and told my driver to rush back.Thank God, the bell boy found it and passed it to the front desk...no words to describe when i saw my Ipad back.
I even forget to check the gentleman's name during that panic situation.
A BIG THANK YOU to all the FRONT DESK guys.GOD BLESS...
Apart from that,we enjoyed the food,room and room service was fast.

Room Tip: room on any side would be great
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I visited this place during the Independence Day weekend and overall had a satisfactory stay and experience.

To start with I reached here with my wife around 1130 AM. The front office staff and the Guest Relation Officer were kind and courteous to receive us. We checked into our room took a quick nap and then headed to Mysore Sight Seeing (which was very much our routine for couple of days we stayed there). The Hotel Staff helped us in arranging for cab for sightseeing

The room was nice and spacious with all the amenities mentioned. The bed is quite comfortable and the mattress used is also quite nice. However hot water supply is always not available and also the taps have less pressure. The room service was quite good and attentive and food served in the room was quite tasty. But the same cannot be said about the breakfast buffet being served there as it quite cold and not at all tasty.Due to this we opted to eat our breakfast at other nearby places.

All in all it was a nice stay expect for some small glitches...!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Khartoum
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have traveled from Bangalore very late as our flight was delayed. Driving through Bangalore Mysore highways during night was a real nightmare! There were hundreds of road humps for crossing of cattle, dogs etc through out the road. When we reached late, the check in was very quick, a speech impaired boy was very quick, polite and efficiently handled our luggage of six people in three rooms. I could not get his name. The morning breakfast was pleasant, when I asked for a freshly made tea, instead of stored in a flask for hours, it was made and served very quickly. parking was ok, and when we requested for a late check out, the staff willingly obliged till 2 PM. We were again late to check out, and wanted a quick lunch, and all our North Indian guests were happy about very tasty food. A pleasant stay, bath, sleep and food made our day. The hotel had seen better days, and the rooms and bathrooms need renovation although they were kept very clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Pune
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I loved the restaurant in the hotel which provided great food and service.

What I didn’t like was not availability of facilities like swimming pool/spa/wireless Internet, etc.

Carry your hot kettle with tea/coffee/sugar/milk powder. This is because tea/coffee is not available before 7.30 am!

Room Tip: Ask for options, make sure you select the one where a/c doesn't makes a noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
bangalore
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed with my family in this hotel and we had booked 2 rooms. Both the rooms there was absolutely no HOT water. My grandmother who was 84 yrs old and mother 59 found it really really difficult to spend days there. In spite of informing them repeatedly they did nothing.And in on of the rooms the AC dint work from the evening. When complained they came and did something and said it will work in some time. but till 10pm nothing changed. And when we complained again they came and said they will change the room. We were ladies staying with old lady with us and our things being scattered in the room they ask us to change the room at 10.30 in the night. Food was so very expensive that it wasn't worth it.
Cleanliness wise average.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at the President Hotel, a part of the RPSS Hotel Group. I would not recommend this hotel to a tourist or business traveller to Mysore. The charming hostesses that greet you on your arrival, do not indicate the poor quality of the maintenance of the rooms. I was allotted Room No 415 on the 4th floor and my visit to the toilet had the water faucet come into my hands. My air-conditioning did not work. The front office did change my room, to 412, but the key did not open the door. In fact the key finally broke in the lock. The wash basin was cracked. Yes the hotel is a budget hotel, but does need extensive repairs. In fact renovation is underway and probably it would become better some day. Breakfast is average, with service a little slow. There are two pretty receptionists at the foyer, but for the most part the staff require training in hospitality. Would not really recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Do not opt for rooms in the front, since the hotel faces the road that can be rather noisy
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Center of city and convenient hotel
Staffs were cooperative food was average some renovation work was happening hence lot of disturbances.
but house keeping is very poor. Should be improved. Little over priced.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business