“Royal Mysore- Place to visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ginger Mysore

Ginger Mysore
Ranked #14 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Pune
“Royal Mysore- Place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2010

I was planning to visit the south india as aprt of annial vacation with family. Fist I thought about the Kerala. But then I was decided to visit Mysore and Ooty as one of my friend has visited that place and he recommended same to me. Online I tried to get the best hotel lsit and I found the Tata’s Hotel Ginger. Trusting the TATA’S name I booked Ginegr rooms Online.

I visited Mysore in the month of December i.e Winter..I hope its good time to visit any place in South India.

My experience with hotel was too good. As a part of the Tata group of Hotels. It’s an excellent hotel I should say, with a cosy room, nice facilities and absolutely completely best place to stay.

The hotel service team was so attentive to our needs. So was the reception staff. The trolleys ensured we needed no help from waiters and staff at most of the places..

Overall the room was good stocked and on calling up room supplies, we got enough attenstion seeing the goods required in rooms, it may be bath linen and coffee/tea/water etc. The LCD TV and the Fridge are nice and fine working.

One of the excellent things is the CCD- Coffe Café Days outlet in the hotel..as told many things can happen over a cup of Coffe 

The food served was excellent and tasty. They maintain all Punjabi food well  being in South India..

Along with food and service, they have excellent travel desk facility..They arranged car for outdoor..Overall sevice was excellent in all respect.

Only thing is the location of hotel is bit away from main market..however its manageable..

The hotel is a great deal if you want to visit Mysore and places around - it offers Wi Fi connectivity, ATM services, Cybercafe, Gym, Laundry, Vending Machine and priced very attractively.

• Liked — Best Service
  • Disliked — May be location is bit away from Main market
  • Stayed December 2008
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

We had an extra mattress in the room, in the West an extra bed is not a mattress in the floor. Quite unusual for a hotel to sleep in the floor like in a dormitory !
From the A/C were coming out pigeons' feathers, lot of disturbances from the pigeons nesting just on the top of the A/C. My son had feathers all over the bed.

The hotel is meant mainly for Indians, we had no English channels and the breakfast was very poor for Westerners and with a variety for Indians.

Staff at the reception not very friendly and rude. We arrived after 16.00 quite tired and the room was not ready. Wi-fi cards for less than 24 hours not available as well as the Internet access through their computer.

They charged my credit card 3 months in advance and never offered me the 15% discount applied to people who book at least 15 days in advance. I got it only because I wrote to the Manager. The rate was not that cheap for a budget hotel and not even breakfast included. TATA wants to make money also in this industry !!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

Me and my friend has planned to spend one day at Mysore while we were going to Ooty from Bangalore. We both were accompanied with our wives so, booked two room in Ginger Hotel.

We reached the hotel at around 1 pm but found there was no room available for us. We had to wait for more than 1 hr at reception to get the one room. Four of us spent more than 2 hrs in a single room, waiting to get the second one. Worst thing was that there was no body whom can we ask. Their USP "Please Help yourselves" became curse for us and kept waiting. I believe they have done it just to save money on hiring people. At around 4pm we got the keys of another room and guess what it was not cleaned at all. It seems some body had just left the room and they didn't even clear it before they handover us the keys. So, we had to wait for another half for that. Finally, we got the room, it was nice. Later on i have water blocked in the bathroom which took again an hour for me.
So, i will NOT recommend this hotel to anybody. Keep in mind their tagline "Please Help yourselves" before you book the place. You would definitely get much better place to stay in Mysore in 1800rs per day.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

It was a business tour for me from Bangalore to Mysore. The hotel is centrally located with a view of the famous Chamundi Hill in Mysore. The hotel is excellent and I had one of the best experience of my life. Overall it was an excellent experience at the hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff and the services
  • Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

Ginger has come up with the no frills hotels and honestly i kind of like the concept. "Help Yourself" is their motto however they are there to assist you with anything. The hotel is conveniently located in the city and is easy to find. You will always find an Autowaalah outside to take u anywhere u want in the City. Make sure u ask for the Mysore Special Set Dosa which is locaded no more than 5 mins walk from the hotel.
The rooms are good, spaceous, nicely equipped with basic stuff like TV (LCD), fone etc. You can even get an Iron along with the Iron board to iron u r clothes :-D.
There is a Cafe Coffee day on the ground floor which will be at your service 24 Hrs a day serving their specialities. Furthermore there is also a Small restaurant which serves the buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Overall I had a very good experience with Ginger Mysore.

And Psssssttt...If u book 15 Days in advance you will get a 15% discount on the room rate.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2010

I wanted to try TATA hotels chain which was newly intoduced around 2008.
In Mysore there are many hotels but GINGER offers you hassel free accomodation. Its no-bargain prices which are a big head-ache if you compare this to other hotels, is a big advantage.
Location wise I found it OK as the fort was nearby.
Everything is quite good especially the self service concept but this can give you pain also....if you are tired and don't want to go to hotel restaurant.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Indore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2010

Ginger hotel chains in India. I did stayed in ginger - Mysore few year back. the hotel ambience and facilities are really good and value for money. The foods are good, both the breakfast and Lunch and dinner

it has all sorts of features including wireless internet and good ambience. This hotel is fully self service and you can book the hotel through internet and do self checkin in hotel (though I haven’t tried), for more information you can visit [--]

The only low side I would say is that it is slightly away from the center terminus and not many knows the name of this hotel though it was 1 year before. I hope it would have become popular now so prople know the place now.

The hotel is also located in many other cities other than Mysore, Bangalore and I would defenetely choose this hotel in the location I am travelling to.

• Stayed August 2008