“A great value for money hotel at a very great location”
Review of Maurya Residency

Maurya Residency
Ranked #82 of 117 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was my second visit to mysore and i stayed in the same hotel. Reasons are VFM hotel, great location and helpful staffs. The food in their restaurant was also good. We loved it.
The cab service provided by the hotel for sight seeing tour is also reasonable. I would definitely suggest this hotel to those travellers who are looking for a good and a decent budget hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Choose as per your budget.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed there for two days..our room was opp a park.good food, very clean rooms,courteous staff n very reasonably priced..bath tub in the bathroom was like icing on the cake..nice room n balcony..We will go back Agn whenever we go to Mysore.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Samina S
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Last year I went to Mysore with my family and stayed in this hotel. Initially while checkin there was some issue. I booked through makemytrip and makemytrip haven't forwarded some documents to the hotel. But Hotel staffs called makemytrip and after all the confusion gets cleared, they provided us two rooms. After that it was a very nice stay. Location wise, this hotel is very near to Mysore palace. Rooms were nice. The restaurant was also very good. We enjoyed our stay there. Next time during my visit to Mysore, I'll try to book this hotel again, but not through MakeMyTrip. But directly though their site.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We booked this hotel via the hotel website http://hotelmauryaresidency.com/.We arrived and our booking was honoured which we see as a positive.
The hotel is located on a one way street opposite a leafy park and is very close to the palace and central area.Well within walking distance.The out of state bus station is very close by.
The room was large,clean and in a good state of repair with hot water and cost around £14 for the double non A/C room per night.
The hotel has a restaurant with a good menu at a fair rate but the service was slow but not a problem. You do have several other choices of restaurant in the same street.
The staff were always friendly and happy to help out if required.We used the travel desk once and the price was the cheapest quoted ,though there are other options nearby.
We would stay here again.
phone: Mysore 2523375,2523376,2523428. Email:sangroup_hotel@yahoo.com

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel is quite close to the main bus depot, and within walking distance to the Mysore palace. Although the hotel is on the main road, it wasn't too noisy in the night (at least not in my room, which was not facing the road).

The lunch and dinner set meals are excellent Value-For-Money (VFM). A North Indian and a South Indian meal thali cost us a grand total of just Rs. 240 including taxes. Also, the breakfast had enough varieties to suit all tastes.

For dinner, we experimented with the street food in Mysore. The mini-khau-gali (street food street) is also within walking distance. Just as you step out of the hotel, go towards your right until you get to the main road - and on your right you will find 100-150 meters of footpath lined with evening street food shops and stalls. Fantastic food!

By the way, WiFi available sign is a little misleading, I think. When you ask at the reception for access details, pat come the charges for 30 minutes and 1 hours. No thanks, I'll use my mobile data!

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask for a room on a floor with the least amount of smoke smell. I don't...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank ChintanLakhani
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Shortly after I booked into the Hotel Mauriya Residency, I realized I had made a mistake. The problem was that all the other hotels in the area where I wanted to stay were fully booked for my entire time in Mysore, so I was pretty much stuck there.

Here’s a small list of what was wrong:

Though my room had just been cleaned and prepared for the arrival of a new person, when I took a look in the shower drain, I noticed a large clump of long dark hair sitting there. The cleaners either never noticed this or just didn’t think it was significant enough to get rid of.

The desk clerk who checked me in lied about being able to pay by credit card. I saw the machine on his desk. It was plugged in and all lit up. He said it was not working. A short time later, when his relief was on duty, I paid by credit card and the relief guy used that same machine.

I sat down to eat breakfast at the in-house restaurant, Veg Kourt. It was first thing in the morning and I was the only person in the room. The tablecloth was stained and had dried-up food all over it. I almost lost my appetite.

The first day, after my room was cleaned, I was left with no towels. I had to call for some. On successive days, my room was cleaned only once. I asked at the front desk if it was supposed to be cleaned and they said yes. It happened one of the days but not the others.

To use the Internet, one has to purchase a user name and password at the front desk. The first time I did this, the Internet worked fine in my room. The second day, it didn’t work in my room at all. The only way I could get on the Internet was to sit in the lobby.

The lift went from malfunctioning to broken. It took two days to get it repaired.

I asked for a DO NOT DISTURB sign for my door. They told me they didn’t have one.

Several times I went to leave the hotel and there was nobody at the front desk to take my room key and put it in a safe place. Rather than leave the key within anyone’s reach, I took it with me.

There is a sign in the bathroom requesting that people use water carefully. I fully agree with that sentiment. By the time the water got hot enough to take a shower, however, it had been running for several minutes, thereby wasting a lot of water, when it would have been better to save it the water and use it carefully.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank eduardo13820
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Visited Mysore during chritmas-13. Stayed in this hotel for 2 day. Regarding rooms I won't say great but were good. Bathroom fittings were leaking a bit but was manageable. Otherwise it was clean and decent stay. Food served at the veg food court is simple and good. All in all a good value of money. Earlier I was allotted a room at the 4th floor, but later in the evening the lift malfunctioned, and was shutdown. As I had my mother along with my kid, and it was difficult for them to go to 4th floor on foot, manager himself asked me to shift to 2nd floor and gave same configuration room. Good heavy breakfast served at veg court which is quite helpful in case you visit couple of places and want to have a late lunch or even skip it. Only annoying thing was room service guys did not wait to check out. For every order they insisted on paying the bills there and then.

Location wise this hotel or any other hotel on Harsha road is quite good. All major destinations are closer, auto stand is near by, evening choupati is also on the adjacent road. Shopping and hang out destinations near by.

Room Tip: Road is quite noisy even till late night. If you want to have sound sleep, don't take road facin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family