“My Return Stay - Have found a home in Mysuru...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from front terrace
Guests visiting Mysore rosewood carving factory
Delicious!, Organic homegrown avcados
Hand carved souvenirs in the shelves
View of floor to ceiling cupboards
Huge cupboards! Plenty of storage space
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Samaranik...
“My Return Stay - Have found a home in Mysuru - Will always come here”
Reviewed 10 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Having already stayed here previously, I booked at Green Lotus without a second thought.
I could not have picked better. Hari arranged a car to meet me at the airport and ferry me the 4 hours to Mysore. Nothing was too much trouble and my hosts helped arrange trips, get reliable rickshaws, and everything from sight seeing, to cafes, to coffee plantation trips.
As before, the house is spotlessly clean and welcoming. My room was lovely and comfortable, the wifi worked great and the welcome breakfast was a wonderful surprise!
Special mention should go to Ananya's talents in the kitchen, as well as being a very welcoming host, she is a gifted cook bringing me and the other guests delicious brownies and smoothies every so often. I also met other guests at Green Lotus who became instant friends and we now share many warm memories of Green Lotus. All in all, a super thumbs up!

Management Response
19 Apr 2017
Hi Samaranik, it is always a pleasure to see you here, thanks so much for the very kind words! You are a great guest and thanks for the lovely gifts! Kencha appreciates them too! We will be looking for you here soon as your European trip ends! Thanks and best regards, Hari and Ananya
Leah M
“Cozy, peaceful, and friendly”
Reviewed 3 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I stayed at Green Lotus in February for a short visit to visit Mysore before a work trip. I'm now so sorry I didn't stay here longer. It was a pleasure and delight to be welcomed into this home and get to know everyone else who was staying there, as well as the warm and welcoming Ananya and Hari who were running it.
It is simple and aesthetic at the same time. It really is a home you are staying at, not a hotel, it was absolutely perfect. I felt so welcomed and so incredibly at home here. I'm already planning my next visit.
Truly a special place filled with special people

Infinitel...
“Incredible experience 10/10!”
Reviewed 2 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Incredible experience 10/10! Far and away the best guest experience I’ve had to date. The apartment is even better than pictured (hard to believe), but its true. Hari and Ananya were excellent hosts. The communication from beginning to end was great. They take great care of all your needs and offer help with a variety of services from safe reliable tuktuks , taxi's, sightseeing, best massage places, cafes to shopping - anything a tourist would need.
The apartment is private and yet very close to everything you need. I Visited Green Lotus in the summer yet it was cool downstairs and was very peaceful. The place is safest for solo female travelers. Highly recommended to anyone travelling to Mysore. I will definitely be back as soon as possible. Thanks for everything!

Your age range 25-34
Management Response
19 Apr 2017
Shalini, thank you so much for that outstanding review! It is guests like you who encourage us to stay the course and deliver what we do best, a home with warmth, hospitality, privacy and all the help the moment you need it. We don't live on the property, so it's a house where guests from across the world stay, meet, often make friends and return to feel that special warmth which we hope to create during your checkin or trip planning or other events. This is a place one can come to unhesitatingly and rest assured that every help will be provided promptly and sincerely. Do Come back soon, bring your friends, and we hope to hear more about your travels soon! Warmest best, Hari
Stella W
“AMAZING PLACE - WORTH IT”
Reviewed 28 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

If you are coming to Mysore for a Homestay experience, which is very clean, aesthetically decorated, peaceful and yet close to shops and cafes with warm amazing hosts this has to be it. It's nicely tucked inside a residential lane so be assured of a good sleep. However, the main market is a 5 min walk so the location is ideal. It's an apartment offering more than enough storage and a comfortable bed, Kitchen, washing machine and high speed wifi. The hosts are very kind and helpful. Great place overall for a refined stay! Will be back again soon!

Will_Trav...
Los Angeles, California
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed 25 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My deepest thanks to Hari and Ananya for being such kind and generous hosts. From airport pickup to dropoff, they made my visit easy and went out of their way to make me feel at home. I stayed in a few different rooms, including this one, on both floors during my month in Mysore and all were great. The house is clean, spacious, and an easy walk to the main shala and a variety of restaurants. I absolutely recommend staying here!

Dylan W
“wonderful location”
Reviewed 14 January 2017 for a stay in April 2016

I stayed in the Zen Room for a few days till my family joined me and then we moved upstairs. The Zen room is perfect if you are travelling alone. It has its own private (not attached) bathroom with a lovely hot shower and proximity to kitchen and washing machine. Sleep here was wonderful, so silent, I felt like I was in a cocoon. Highly recommended for a solo visit!
I moved upstairs to the Gold Buddha room once my son and husband joined me. The photos do not do this apartment justice , its beautiful! ! There was plenty of space for us all. There is a sit out which is peaceful and we could spend the entire day there not knowing that a moment passed by! its timeless The balcony runs around to the back of the house where there was an open sit out which runs through to the back where one could dry clothes on the clotheslines. the wind in this apartment is fantastic, clothes dry here in a jiffy!. The terrace is huge and marvelous. We did not have to go to the pool for sunbathing! It was private and clean with beautiful views of Mysore. The kitchen and bathrooms were spotlessly clean. The beds were comfortable, bed linen and towels were tastefully chosen. Some of our favorite features were the washing machine, the huge living room, the sit out, excellent strong Wifi, comfortable bedding, ample closet space, and gas stove.. Not only is it more spacious than hotel rooms, it is also more reasonable with all of the comforts and peace of home.
A 5-10 minute walk gets you to al the cafes, shops and local restaurants you could dream of. The hosts were great from booking the flat to meeting us to settle in and checking out. Hari also had great suggestions about local sightseeing trips and places to eat in the area. Everything about renting this flat was a great experience. We hope to stay there again and highly recommend it to everyone!

Kathleen...
“Lovely Location. Amazing ambiance”
Reviewed 11 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Well, having traveled almost 14 countries over a period of many years, I just dislike staying in any category of hotels.
I love staying in a homely environment with warmth and people to interact with.

I chose Green Lotus for its distinctly charming ambiance, where the place has character.
I loved the Aesthetically done rooms, wonderful balcony, lovely neighbourhood. I call it my home away from home. The landlords went the extra mile to make me feel comfortable.

In the morning, I spent my time sometimes on the balcony and at times on the terrace.
Great location with all shops and cafes in walking distance.
Loved staying here - whenever I decide to come to Mysuru, I will always stay at Green Lotus
Keep it up!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing