“value for money”

Hotel Karl Residency
Ranked #355 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
bombay.India
“value for money”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

location-ideal distance from both airports. & andheri railway station.Yet quiet &serene.
Rooms - comfortable & clean.Gives 3rd person a stay at the same rate.(ideal for our marriage group).
Pre marriage functions were all well organised, with great service & food.
USP; Roof top swimming pool, & restaurant.
Hope to do many more parties & functions at hotel Karl Residency.

Room Tip: Use all road facing rooms.(corner rooms)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Mumbai.
Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your review on trip advisor.
I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Karl Residency and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

+91 9823552263 // 022-42362121

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'll get the important stuff you are after out of the way first - handily located for the airport and rail terminus' of Mumbai, very clean
and comfortable rooms, excellent and varied breakfasts, good food and beers available in the restaurant. Reasonably priced for the city.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank swapan555
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, 28 March 2014

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Andheri West and Hotel Karl for me has been good to stay in Mumbai as it is close to a lot of places to visit to and with excellent connectivity to the public transport in Mumbai it was an icing on the cake.

Coming to the hotel, it is at a nice, quite place and have a great surrounding. The people in the hotel are also good. The rooms are quite good with good bathrooms etc.

The issue comes up when we order something into the room. The food is not upto the mark, their tea is at times pathetic, they charge for sending empty plates in the room etc etc.

Even after the above pointers I still will recommend this hotel due to a good ambiance and some good people at the bell desk.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jiteshmehta

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your review on trip advisor.
I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with your experience of our services except few things on which we are working hard on that issue. in plate issue we have stopped charging for empty plates.

+91 9823552263 // 022-42362121
Yavatmal, India
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The reception area is quite small and congested. And the standard room size is also very small. By my approximation, the room dimensions must have been just about 13 feet by 11 feet. That really leaves you no space inside, and makes it slightly uncomfortable too.

I usually have black tea every morning. However, the sachets available in the room with the tea / coffee maker were of pre-mixed tea and coffee (with milk). I was unable to have black tea made in the room, and had to place an order for the same from the room service.

The room service was alright (in terms of food quality), albeit a little slow. I had left for some business outside with the tag of "Clean My Room" hanging on my doorknob as well as having left instructions regarding the same at the reception. However, when I returned, the room was in the same mess that I had left it in. While they did clean it soon after being informed again, it still left a bad impression. Overall, it was quite a letdown.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, 26 March 2014

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your review on trip advisor.
I am pleased to know that you where unsatisfied with some for the services provided from us in part of ready made tea we now provide tea sachet seprately if the guest needs black tea. and about the room cleaness the housekeeping has been brifed about the same.

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Spent one night in this Hotel
Room very Clean.
Reception Staff very helpful
Very handy for visiting Juhu Beach and the Hari Krishna Temple.
However the Breakfast Dining Room was like something that had been forgotten for the last fifty years.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank inky50

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your review on trip advisor.

The Breakfast area has been renovated now and that to good standard

Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

stayed in the hotel for 3 days i would rate this hotel .....Room 4/5 food 3.5 /5 cleanliness 4/5. Overall stay very comfortable and must try the restaurant saffron which on the terrace with a pool The average rate i paid was 3500 inclusive of taxes

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank nik880
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, 3 January 2014

Kolkata, India
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed in Hotel Karl Residency on 09-Jul-12 on an official tour to Mumbai. The hotel is located in Andheri East. I got a cold reception on arrival. The hotel staff was just lousy. I stayed in a Delux AC room. The room was quite small and not spacious. House-keeping, interior decoration and facilities available at the room were just average. There is a restaurant at the top floor of the Hotel. Next day morning they provided me complimentary breakfast. There was only two/three items in buffet. Most of the bowls were empty. The tariff was ` 3800 plus tax. I would not recommend others for staying in this hotel. If you do not have any other option, then you stay here.

Room Tip: One can choose any room. None of the room provides good vision.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Hotel Karl Residency.
While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

At Hotel Karl Residency Mumbai, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Regards,