“Nice restsurant”

Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai
Ranked #41 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
“Nice restsurant”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one week:
+ Good size room at the top floor.
+ Clean.
+ Very nice breakfast and dinner buffet.
+ Friendly staff.
+ Small gym.
- Very noisy room doors and the aircondition on the roof top.
- Very small pool (6x6 m) on the roof top.

Recommendable :-)

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments of your stay with us.
Am happy you found the size of the room, the cleanliness of the hotel, the buffet in our 180* dining restaurant and the staff to be friendly.
Kindly accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction with the rooftop pool and size of the gym, but since we cater only to our in house guest.
Looking forward to your visit with us again.

Grand Sarovar Premiere
gm@grandsarovar.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The positive things first: prompt reliable pick up from airport, fast check in, nice room decoration, big comfortable bed, proper duvet, big shower, very friendly staff at bar and restaurant, great breakfast buffet, choice of restaurants, very nice food, rooftop pool

The downside: location - though only a few miles from airport taxi took nearly one hour due to traffic, nothing exciting around the hotel, no shops in the hotel, spa closed when I was there (not sure why), room not very clean, rooftop pool just functional, no greenery, dirty towels, water not heated, no drinks available, contradicting message about chck out (one staff said to check out after dinner on night of departure and when I got there to do just that i was sent away by another and told that it was policy to only check out once the room had been cleared)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valued comments of your stay in our hotel.
Am pleased to read of your praise of the airport pick up, check in, rooms, the courtesy extended by our staff in the restaurant and your praise of the restaurant.
Kindly accept our apologies for your dissatisfaction with the rooftop, pool not being heated and the misunderstanding about the check out. Will take it up with our team and ensure these are rectified, except for the heated pool.
Looking forward to your visit with us again, where we assure you will be delighted.

Grand Sarovar Premiere I Residency Sarovar Portico
Mumbai
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Be careful while booking double room at this hotel. They do not have double rooms with twin beds. This seems to be a well kept secret by the hotel and information is not provided at the time of booking.
I had a bad experience when my guests from abroad arrived at the hotel at 7.00am only to be told that they have to share a bed ! Of course, they offered to place an extra bed in the room, but they do not consider that the room gets cramped and one guest is supposed to sleep on the king bed and the other on a small bed !
The other option they offer is to shift the guests to their nearby 4 star hotel which has smaller rooms with twin beds and also less facilities.
Just wanted to inform potential customers to be careful so that they don't land up in a soup, after a long journey.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments of the stay of your guest at our hotel.
Kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to your guest who wanted room with twin beds. We have been in the business for more than 6 years and fortunately we have been able to satisfy almost 90% guest who stay with us, and have told us they will surely prefer Grand Sarovar Premiere as the hotel of choice.
Being a value for money business hotel we get most of the guest who prefer to stay on single occupancy and we do have 8 rooms with twin bed options, and like in all hotels this is given on first come first serve basis unless it is specified very clearly on booking that the guest wants twin bed rooms.
Since we have been doing 100 percent occupancy in the last few months during the week, we were unable to accommodate the request of your guest, hence had given option of our sister hotel (Residency Sarovar Portico), which is located just 50 meters from our hotel, which has more than 60 % of the rooms with twin bed room, which was specifically created by us to cater to this market, the guest were put up RSP in the suite and they were delighted with their stay there.
Will definitely help us if the information is given in advance and we can assign the rooms accordingly.

Grand Sarovar Premiere I Residency Sarovar Portico
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Grand Sarovar Premiere has one of the best services.The check in process was very fast and polite.The room was very cosy,the bed very comfortable,and the view was great.Bathroom was equiped with the necessary things.What i liked the most at Grand Sarovar Premiere was the polite personal who allways is very friendly and ready to help you.The restaurant is very elegant,and the menu very sofisticated,including many cuisines.I would strongly reccomend Grand Sarovar Premiere in Bombay .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable.
Your encouraging comments about the quality of food and the service provided and the cleanliness of the hotel will help us do better, will pass your comments of praise to the team.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I made a reservation at Grand Sarovar Premier, supposedly a 5-star hotel through Hotels.com for Feb 22. The reason I chose this hotel was because my niece's wedding reception was planned there at 8 pm Feb 22. Plan was to attend and leave for US the next day. I arrived at the hotel 6 pm. They said that there is no water in the hotel and that they would put me up at their other location a few km away (Hometel) which is not a five star hotel for which I paid. They said that it is as good. The manager Altesh further said that he will have a car available to take me back and forth from Hometel to Grand Sarovar. They did make available a car but each trip I had to wait for nearly 30 minutes. As I was waiting for their car at their 5-star location, I could see people being given rooms while I was denied the room a short while before. I wonder why that was. They did not give me the difference from a 5- star rate for which I paid the the 3-star rate where they put me up.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MuraliC C
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments made for your stay.
Kindly accept our sincere apologies for having to make you shift to another property in our group hotel as we had a genuine problem which had cropped up on an entire floor for which we had to shift a few guest to some other properties. Unfortunately by the time we realized the problem could not be solved within the day, hence we were forced to shift.
I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your visit. We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in the future.

Bangalore
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Was in Mumbai last week for business. Flew in from Bangalore by the very convenient mid morning Jet Airways flight, because I like the food and and the full service.

I had a prior booking at the Grand Sarovar Premiere, and as with all my previous trips, They had sent their car on time for picking me up from the airport. At the hotel itself, my experience is always above par. The check-in process took less than 5 minutes, and I was on my way to the room. I think it took 5 minutes because I shared my Jet Privilege number, which in turn got me a 15% discount on the hotel and food...!

The room itself was nice, neat and with a well stocked mini bar.

Now the real reason why I prefer the Grand Sarovar Premiere is because of the outstanding food. Every meal, i.e., breakfast, lunch, and dinner is an orgy of food. This week, they were having an Awadh Food festival, which in turn meant that I got to snarf down more succulent kebabs and various dum biriyani's than I have had in years! Of course, the buffets usually span atleast 3 continents, but during my stay this time, I stuck to the Awadh cuisine for lunch and dinner. Breakfasts for me, were just the usual power/working breakfasts, even though I counted items from across India and around the world. I really didn't have the time to enjoy it too much because of a lack of time. But I made it a point to be there at the hotel for every lunch, and every dinner, just to eat their buffets.

About the staf: They are all very friendly and helpful. Most of them remember and greet you by name. They always have a smile for you. I think that alone earns my respect.

As usual, I did not print my return ticket before I left Bangalore, and when I asked, the staff were very gracious in allowing me access to their well appointed business centre, to print my airline boarding pass.

If you want a very good, no hassle, business, or pleasure stay, I would strongly recommend the Grand Sarovar Premiere in Mumbai.

Room Tip: At check-in time, ask the reception for an upgrade package. With the buffet package, and extended 6...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 30 January 2014

rooms , food , service , everything was perfect . also good proximity to the western expressway.
very good selection of food for breakfast .
overall its a perfect buisness hotel and very good for travellers too.

Room Tip: dont think any room would have a very good view except for the usual mumbai traffice .but that wasn...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveller3422014
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this review, 6 February 2014