“Mahesh Lunch Home @ Saki Naka”
Review of Mahesh Lunch Home

Mahesh Lunch Home
Ranked #24 of 14,933 Restaurants in Mumbai
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fort/Kala Ghoda
Description: Established by Mr.S.C.Karkera in 1977; Mahesh Lunch Home has spearheaded Mangalorean food to newer heights. Mahesh Lunch Home has now become one of the most desired restaurants for satiating Mangalorean Sea Food hunger, for celebrities and families alike. Being the first & Best Seafood Restaurant in Mumbai to serve authentic Mangalorean food, we occupy a special place for ourselves and our cuisine in the hearts of our customers. Since our humble beginning in the late 70’s, whence serving only a few dishes, one of the most important being Surmai Curry & Butter Garlic Crab which many of our guests still remember devouring in our prime restaurant at Fort, Mumbai; we have expanded and proudly bring to you seven top-notch restaurants globally Ever wondered where to go for a sumptuous and fulfilling lunch with seafood served on your plate? Your thoughts should end right at Mahesh Lunch Home, Fort Mumbai. Known to be the best seafood restaurant in Mumbai, we serve every dish that falls under the seafood category. Too much for you under one roof; no better place to visit than Mahesh Lunch Home to re-visit your foodie-days. If at all, our menu leaves you confused, one dish that you can always call for is butter garlic crab. So if you happen to pass by, make sure to visit the best seafood restaurant in South Mumbai, along with your friends or family. No food is good food unless enjoyed in the company of good friends and loved ones and when at a place like ours, we are sure you will get to see the best of both good times and mouth-watering seafood on your plate.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The ambiance is very nice. Makes you feel warm. I went there with my colleagues for my birthday celebration & it was fun This restaurant serves good seafood specially Crab Masala. which I tried for the first time.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This restaurant serves good seafood. The ambiance is very nice. Makes you feel warm. I went there with my family for my parents wedding anniversary and it was a lovely experience

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The food here is good but Mahesh has off-lately turned mighty expensive . The gassi, neer dosa and the platter is a good wholesome meal to have. Don't have the sessrts here, go out and have somewhere else.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

First time I had visited Mahesh Lunch Home in 2000 and since then I am loving the Manglorean sea food, the taste and the tender preparation of sea food is a mouth watering experience. In last one decade, they have changed the ambiance, some new items and freshness in food preparation but the taste remains same.

Best way to start your meal is Mahesh Special Prawns - prawns cooked in garlic, butter, green chilli, capsicum. Actually I always follow one tradition to ask for what is special today in their restaurant, and I am sure you will never deprive with your taste.

Manglorean delicacy, will not complete without Neer Dosa served with Surmai Fry, Prawn Gussi and Crab. The best option is to see the crab, before it goes to your plate.

I think its injustice to ask meat items in sea food restaurants, so I never asked for it or tried ever.

One of the good thing about Mahesh is their stuff are very courteous and advance booking is recommended (
022 22870938, 022 22023965), and if you are late, they will call you to know your whereabouts, which is very nice.

Weekend is better to visit with family, as most of the surrounding places are quite d/t office holidays. lets enjoy the sea food with Mahesh lunch home.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went to Mahesh lunch home for a family celebration.On checking the menu we found that the starters and main course for fishes,crabs and lobsters are specified separately.We ordered fish fingers which was good served with tartar sauce.In main course we ordered Prawns pulao which tasted good but we wanted some side dish with that and so sought suggestions from the waiter but sadly the waiter didn't have much idea of what goes with what.So we didn't chose anything as the side dish.While we were still not finished with the starters the waiters came with the main course and started serving it which put us off.It doesn't happen in any of the standard restaurants.There were not many options for mocktails.We also ordered fried lobster which was actually scampy.Again the waiter didn't know and claimed it to be Indian lobster.The ambience of the restaurant is more like a normal bar restaurant which we see as motels.It was too noisy with guests chirping loudly all over mixed with the music they had.The last one came with the payment when we used our Citibank credit card.My husband received a confirmation that the amount has been deducted but they wanted us to reswipe as they said they didn't get the money.After much hue and cry we ultimately had to pay again and we will have to claim the money back from Citibank on getting the statement.Looking at the bill amount,I personally feel if I am to pay such a big amount then I would chose a restaurant like Mainland China with its excellent service.I am not quite impressed.