“Excellent”
Review of Waterstones Hotel

Waterstones Hotel
Ranked #36 of 458 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stayed here for three nights when I was in Mumbai and Pune on business. its a lovely hotel, near to the International airport (but no noise), modern decor, great staff and a real sense of being a home from home. Its about 12 mins drive from the domestic terminal and 5 from the international, so its a good choice if you are arriving late or leaving early. The rooms are lovely, really nice design. I stayed on the 6th floor (the Glacier Floor) where the rooms are all white with light blue glass floors. The restaurant has a good selection of food from various countries.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MarkLondonMEt
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you so much. It was really gratifying to read your feedback and I hope that the Waterstones Hotel continues to be your preferred choice of hotel in Mumbai. It’s commendation from guest like you that has earned us the honor of being voted ‘The Trendiest Hotel’ in the country and it is truly satisfying to know that you experienced a sense of being at home at the Waterstones Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Good breakfast buffet and Indian restaurant. Beautiful swimming pool (but my colleague tells me that they sometimes shoot birds while guests are there). Beautiful suites available, although the regular rooms are not to my liking. Somewhat smelly rooms and unreliable airport transportation, but management goes above and beyond to correct problems. Although the hotel tries to hide the surrounding area with frosted glass windows in the hallways, the extreme poverty is obvious.

Room Tip: If at all possible, upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank nashville_dog_lover
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know that you had a good culinary and service experience at the Waterstones Hotel.
I regret any inconvenience you may have experienced and rest assured we have addressed the related concerns.
We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Awesome amenities and cool furnishings, great gym, pool, spa, breakfast! Moved upmarket each night of my stay, starting from youth hostel like IITB guest house (oh dear, stay away from that one even if IIT is paying! Moved to Powai residence hotel which was clean and functional but finally moved here the last day to be close to airport before departing. It was one of best hotels I've stayed anywhere. Left bags after checkout and collected them after a day of sightseeing. They had no problem letting me use spa locker room to shower and change before the free ride to airport. The only tip is to check your amenities on arrival (minibar was missing opener for the wine), at night when I called for cork screw it was almost 45 min before anyone came up with one. By then I was more interested in bed than a glass of vino.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank prooproo
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your kind comments and appreciation. It is really fantastic to know that your enjoyment of the ambiance and facilities at the Waterstones Hotel made you feel that we are one of the best hotels you have stayed at.
Thank you for pointing out the lapse you experienced. My sincere apology for the inconvenience which I assure you will not occur in the future.
Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to having you in our midst again.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed at the Waterstones on my recent business trip to Mumbai. This boutique hotel forms part of a Country Club with great facilities open to the hotel guests. We were met at the airport in a brand new BMW limousine (complimentary) and whisked away to the hotel, less than 10 minutes away. The rooms were spacious and well equipped, the service friendly and personal. I exercise regularly and made good use of the Club's facilities, including the huge, 50m swimming pool. If your business is on the airport side of Mumbai, this is a great hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 27 May 2012

a decent hotel with very cooperative staff. Near to airport and excellent pick & drop provided to airport by hotel. Very nice & different theme bases rooms at hotel.. It feel nice to there.. Food is excellent as I trried some in my room. Would definatly come back here...value for money I say...

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed there twice and will go back if I go to Mumbai.

Perfect place for kids, they have a nice play area and facilities for kids.
I can leave in this hotel if I have to stay in Mumbai for long time.

You are far from attractions, but you can hire a taxi to bring you to down town. I personnaly don't like to be in croudy area of the city.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and designed tastefully. If you are two families you can ask for rooms with conne...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2012

If you have ever been to Mumbai, you'll know how difficult it is for a foreigner to find a place other than the bars to chill out over the weekend. Well, I guess I have finally found a place to relax.

The hotel has been awarded by Tripadvisor for "Trendiest" hotel 2012 and it sure is trendy. Each floor has a concept - Fire, Mountains, Glacier, Rain Forest - and the room interior is made with materials or colour related to it. I stayed in the "Fire" floor and of course the colour scheme was red, floor was made of fireplace bricks, partial wall was decorated with coal. I could imagine what the other floors were like.

The best part of this hotel is definately the club adjacent to the hotel. The club is actually a country club with extremely limited membership which can only be obtained by invitation of existing members. I have heard that the members are Bollywood stars, company executives and so on.

The swimming pool is one of the best in Mumbai and very relaxing. You can order whatever F&Bs and charge it to your room at a very reasonable price.
The club has also has a gym, tennis court, indoor court for basketball or badminton, private cinema, game room, library, spa, salon, restaurants, enough entertainment to spend a splendid weekend.

The hotel is located very near to the airport, so even if you're just staying for a stopover, it would be a great choice. The hotel also offers pick up and drop off service from and to the airport.

Overall, the stay was more than what I have expected and was superb! I would definately come back to experience more, especially to find out what other room looks like!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family