“Everything was outstanding”
Review of Waterstones Hotel

Waterstones Hotel
Ranked #42 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mussoorie, India
“Everything was outstanding”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Had a fantastic three nights here, the bed in the room was very comfortable and the room had great character (we were on the mountain floor) and everything you needed. The facilities are first class, the pool is lovely and the tennis court is great, they provide someone to play with you if you are alone. We ate in all the restaurants and found the food to be first class everywhere. The service was exceptional. Definitely hope to come back here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMWaterstonesHotel, General Manager at Waterstones Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It was a privilege to have you stay with us at Waterstones Hotel. We are glad to learn that you were impressed with the overall facilities & services at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at Waterstones. We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.
We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at the Waterstones Mumbai.

Gayle Henriques

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Went there for my wedding night stay but left disappointed with the attitude of the staff. Probably should have realized that the hotel is meant for business travellers who seek good rooms and nice restaurants (food was actually nice) and not for couples like us who were seeking some romantic memories. Nevertheless, the rooms are really nice

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Waterstones’ best asset is that it is located right next to the International Airport, making it fairly accessible. That said, don’t judge the hotel by its entrance (which is quite small and winding through rather run down areas). Also, the lobby is on the second floor, so you need to go two floors up from the foyer where you get dropped off.

Once you’re in the lobby however, the place starts to feel modern, unique and surprisingly spacious. It’s a quirky place to say the least, with each floor having a theme (Forest, Mountain, Fire, Glacier). I was on Glacier Floor, and my room had blue ice-like tiles on the floor, a blue ceiling and a big picture of glaciers on the wall (I wonder what the Fire room is like!). But don’t let that put you off. The room itself was spacious, the bathroom modern and well supplied, and the bed was comfortable. The room also had a small seating area and desk, which is useful if you have friends coming by.

What I loved was how well the room was equipped (It had a hair dryer, an ironing board and iron, a shoe polisher, a blue tooth speaker, apart from the regular television. The bathroom was equally well stocked with toiletries and such). Room service was excellent – prompt, polite, and great food, albeit a bit expensive. There’s also a lovely restaurant downstairs if you feel like stepping out. The staff through and through were extremely helpful.

I didn't get to the pool or health club on this trip, but they are available, along with a roof top sit out. Overall, I loved my stay and found the place interesting, friendly and very well located. All things considered, it was very well priced, particularly for Mumbai. So I’d highly recommend it the next time you’re in town.

PS: If you need to tell a local cab driver how to find this place, don’t use the name Waterstones (since it’s quite new). Tell them it’s between the Lalit and the Leela in Sahar, and they’ll take you straight there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your commendation. Our main objective at the Waterstones Hotel is to ensure that all our guests are satisfied with their entire experience and from your wonderful feedback it seems that in your case this objective has been achieved. We are proud of our unique facilities that offer our guests a private movie lounge, games room, library, billiards room, state of the art gym, Olympic Size pool , salon and spa as well as a wide selection of sporting facilities to choose from.
I do hope that the Waterstones Hotel continues to be your preferred choice of hotel in Mumbai.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed here twice during recent trip to Kerala - fantastic! Rooms were individually designed, really well finished. Staff as ever were superb, food was excellent and the club next door was good as anything I've seen elsewhere - a real surprise. Best of all it was a small hotel with a heart - not the souless, clinical, long corridored usual airport hotels and very good value to boot.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our unique ambiance & personalized service and that your experience at our little oasis in Mumbai was enjoyable. We Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.
Looking forward to seeing you back at the Waterstones Hotel .

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very close to The Leela Hotel in Sahar and neatly tucked into a street adjacent to "The Lalit" is "The Waterside Hotel". I did not know what to expect of the hotel, since it was the first time I was staying here as a business traveller. The decor and ambience took me by surprise. The lobby was 2 floors up and after a long walk through winding corridors, i checked into my room on the 6th floor. The room was themed after "Glaciers". The room has a glass lined ceiling and a floor lined with glass bricks. The writing table is all acrylic and a huge picture of a glacier adorned the wall. The room is well lit and can get really cold with all the glass. I had a very comfortable two nights stay. The breakfast buffet was a decent spread (but not as big a spread as some Five Stars have). I did try one meal - a well done Tenderloin Steak in Mushroom Pepper Sauce. I was recommended a specially imported steak from the USA which would have set me down by a cool INR 3000 +, but did not want to venture there. Yes, if you love meat they have a variety of meats imported from across the world. The Club set out in a adjoining property looked massive, but I did not get the chance to go in there - the write up on the club facilities however sounded very impressive. The next few times I visit Mumbai I would definitely like to try out the other themes - "Fire", "Marine", "Mountain" and "RainForest". I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are looking for some peace and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank USKINI
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed at the Waterstones in the last week of November and it was a very satidfying and comfotable stay... I have been to lots of 5 star hotels in Mumbai, but can't think of one hotel that has the Club house facilities compared to the one at Waterstones .... They have an Olympic size swimming pool , a Movie lounge , Music lounge , Games room and one of the best Gym n spa...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Looking forward to seeing you back at the Waterstones Hotel .

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I had requested Rohan and his team to make it a memorable experience for me and my wife! They made it even more than that. The entire staff was courteous and helpful. Rajesh was helpful on both days! He has a great sense of servicing customers. Would love to go there in the future as well!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing feedback about the hotel. Your remarks are a testimony to the team’s endeavor of exceeding guest’s expectations time and again. It is praise from Patrons like you that motivates everyone at the Waterstones to go that extra step.
On behalf of my team, I Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again in our midst soon.