“A slice of heaven”
Review of Waterstones Hotel

Waterstones Hotel
Ranked #38 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“A slice of heaven”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I live in Mumbai and decided I wanted to take a few days off when my mum came to visit me. I did not have the time to spend travelling back and forth to a holiday destination. So I looked for a vacation spot within Mumbai itself and that’s how I came to spend a few days at the Waterstones hotel.

It is a medium sized boutique hotel located in Andheri, a minute away from the new airport. From the time you pull up into the hotel porch with its impressive Art deco ceiling and go up to a tranquil sky blue and white lobby you are surrounded by great design sense. I had booked myself into a mountain room. Seeing how unconventionally designed my room was, my curiosity got the better of me and I found myself peeking in to the other rooms as well. Each floor is designed according to different themes: Marine, Rainforest, Fire, Glacier and Mountain. They were spacious, well maintained and had me wishing I could have stayed in a different room every day.

On the same property is the Waterstones Club and Spa. As a hotel guest, I got to use all the facilities of the club and spa.

My mum and me spent many mornings playing scrabble at the Club, sipping ‘ nimbu paani ‘, with nothing to disturb us but for a few birds chirping outside. The entire property is lush green and beautifully landscaped that for not one minute did I miss not going away to a holiday spot. If I were staying here on work I could not think of a better place to come back to in the evening. One could unwind with a relaxing massage at the spa, work out in the state of the art gym or do a couple of laps in the luxuriously long pool.

The hotel staff to be extremely courteous and helpful. Ordering from room service was a pleasure. Not once did they get any of my orders wrong nor did I have to call back asking for anything. Everything that you needed was provided for in the tray. The food is outstanding and unlike a lot of other hotels the portions here are enormous.

As a woman I would recommend this hotel to single women travelers. For people living in Mumbai this is a wonderful haven to get away to. As for me, my next trip would be to the Rokeby Manor at Mussoorie, another one of their properties.

Room Tip: Go through the waterstones brochure that you can download and choose your room from one of the five...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eapenetc
GMWaterstonesHotel, General Manager at Waterstones Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It was a privilege to have you stay with us at Waterstones Hotel. We are glad to learn that you were impressed with the overall facilities & services at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at Waterstones. We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.
We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at the Waterstones Mumbai.

Gayle Henriques

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
mulhouse
Reviewed 11 March 2014

we stayed in this hotel for 2 days after having gone round South India. We had a fantastic time thanks to the staff's welcome, to the beautiful room and to all the amenities. We could visit Mumbai and then , once in the hotel, felt really on vacation
The massages are excellent, I had a fantastic pedicure! the pool, the tennis courts , everything was great.

Room Tip: suites are fabulous
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
It was really heartening to read your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer. Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing you back at the Waterstones Hotel .

Pune
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel few during my business trip back home to India. Very good hotel with differently designed rooms. Close to airport, so take no time to reach, like most of the hotels they also have airport pickup. Check in process is easy and quick. Breakfast was nice with decent variety.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Where do I begin?
The rooms are clean, modern, and beautifully furnished. The bed is so comfortable. Usually I love coming home to my own bed, but I miss that bed. The sheets are so soft! The staff is beyond welcoming, they always have a smile on their face, and an answer to a question. They epitomize what hotel 'service' should resemble. I was always greeted by name, and asked how my stay was going - I cannot remember the last time I had such service. Now to the food - let's just say it's a foodies dream. There are several restaurants to choose from, ranging in international cuisines. The waiters even started remembering how I liked my morning coffee, and my eggs done - real attention to detail. Now to the fun stuff - the SPA! A few steps next to the hotel is the Club and Spa. I had an incredible head massage, followed by a great blow dry. I have now been back for 2 weeks, and my pedicure has yet to have even one small chip. The infinity pool is perfect for laps, or just lying on the built in pool recliners is heaven. If you happen to be a reader, well then the library is a dream come true. It has an old school feel, with a great selection in books, magazine, and great solid wood desks to do some work. I hope I get back to Mumbai soon, and if I do, then I will be booking my stay at The Waterstones Hotel, without question!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kaylee v
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel services and my team. It gives me great joy that we succeeded in making your stay a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you in our midst again soon and hope to continue being your hotel of choice while in Mumbai.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are spacious and unconventionally designed. It's a refreshing change.

We were in a group travel and the agency involved picked up a rate which did not allow club access. Nowhere in the world even at the lowest of rates swimming pool access was denied. Apart from the irritating rest was fine.
The property is very close to international terminal and now with a new road link to domestic it doesn't take more than 10 minutes

• Stayed March 2014
Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was there for a conference in Mumbai and stayed here....Its definetly a good 3 star, no doubt....Location is convenient, near the airport and easy to get to some good places...

We never received the welcome drink....No one even offered....Which is fine, dont really care but what was really disappointing, was not being allowed into the fitness center....Even a 3 star hotel these days have a fitness center and all you have to do is to book a room to use it...But in this one, we need to inform them while booking in advance...We cannot even pay extra money to use the fitness center...This was really disappointing....I need the fitness center where i go and this just didnt work for me with respect to this point...

Delhi
Reviewed 8 March 2014

A very beautiful and comfortable property in the heart of Mumbai. Of course with the overall infrastructure development, access to Sahar hotels has become far more convenient. This hotel provides you with spacious rooms, great landscaping and greenery, all modern facilities and relaxation options, buzzing restaurants with good international food options and a hospitable staff. It can be an ideal place for a nice get-away as well as a very convenient and good option for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the green landscaping at the rear can be a good option. Also, rooms overlooking th...