“Horrible experience”
Review of Hotel Check Inn

Hotel Check Inn
and 1 more site!
Hotel Check Inn
Ranked #437 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Please don't go for this one!!!!! Staff is very rude.....They won't cooperate at all....Pathetic room conditions....better to go for railway dormitory.....even one day stay was unbearable....Please don't go by its cheap price...u would regret !!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Sameer A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bhopal, India
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Its was so so not good and not bad staff is helpful but they help me yet food not good Stayed here out of desperation while waiting for our flight at the nearby airport. Rooms were dirty, bed clothes stained and bathroom disgusting with no toilet paper. The corridors of the hotel we also filthy

Room Tip: try for executive lounge
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank zainahme
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had to spent a day and night in this hotel. Seeing the sagging and stinking beds we requested the staff to change these. Made four attempts. With straight face they assured it will be done; but nothing happened. there was dust and soil every where. Bathroom fittings were of good quality, but not cleaned or polished. All in all a miserable experience. After coming back to Delhi/NCR I sent my feedback to the hotel. Not a word from them. Avoid this hotel, if you can.

Room Tip: Nothing to add.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I ran from the door of this hotel so didn't have the misfortune to actually stay there but want to share the story to warn other travellers.... I arrived in Mumbai domestic airport mid-morning and needed a hotel for the rest of the day and a few hours that night until my international flight. Didn't have a working mobile or laptop (big mistake) so went to the 'helpdesk' in the airport lobby and asked them to book me into a hotel that I'd chosen from the guidebook. Guy told me that hotel would be 4,000 rupees but that I could have a room in the Check Inn hotel for 2,800R, and he showed me photos on-line which looked fine. Got suspicious when he asked for cash upfront and when I said I didn't have cash he asked me to go to the ATM and get it - again I refused. Bockety old car came to pick me up from the terminal, the driver was polite and friendly, but I baulked when I saw the hotel - from the outside it looked dilapidated and run-down and the street was very noisy. To the consternation of the VERY pushy hotel staff who quickly surrounded the car, I said the street was too noisy, so I paid the driver, grabbed my suitcase and just kept walking..... When I read these reviews I see that my instinct to leave was right and that I had a very lucky escape. Beware the accommodation 'helpdesk' at Mumbai airport, do your homework before you arrive in the city and avoid the Check Inn hotel!

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Barbara O
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed here out of desperation while waiting for our flight at the nearby airport. Rooms were dirty, bed clothes stained and bathroom disgusting with no toilet paper. The corridors of the hotel we also filthy, exposed wiring everywhere and the whole place looked like a hotel out of a horror film. Walking down the stairs to reach the reception I passed homeless people sleeping on the stairs. I accidently went past the reception floor to the bottom floor of the hotel to find huge piles of garbage, large holes in the walls and rats the size of Labradors running around.

We tried to sleep for a few hours but it was too noisy, elevator made a loud beeping noise every 5 minutes, kids screaming and running around the corridors, loud noises from the slum behind the hotel and workmen using a drill till 10pm.

The icing on the cake was the price, 5200 rupees for one night and the staff were very pushy asking for large tips. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in in India and by far the worst. Do not stay here

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Andrew R
nasik
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The hotel is located in a crowded area, interiors of the lobby look like a brothel similar to the ones seen in the movies, rooms stink, i think a few boys stay there on a rent. When I entered some of the boys were enquiring for posts, received. The toilets were not clean, old plastic chairs, pathetic room service and rude management. Pls avoid at all costs. Book this hotel only if the only option is to sleep on a Mumbai street

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bizztrvl
Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Staff stole money from our room but manager didn't care. Only ~400 rs but losing my trust is priceless. Avoid this place!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple