“Super yum coastal food!”
Review of The Konkan Cafe

The Konkan Cafe
Ranked #75 of 14,536 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Super yum coastal food!”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Amazing food.
Their thalis are good value for money propositions to try a variety of food.
Nice, quiet ambience, quality of staff is excellent.
Worth a try surely.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank PG1201

Pune, Maharashtra, India
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The typical traditional food, especially the Neer dosa. It simply melts in your mouth. The rotis, dosa are prepared in front of you which gives that extra fresh feel to the serving. The service is prompt and the ambience is also wonderful.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank k_mhadgut
Colorado
“One of My Top 5 Restaurants in the World!”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I originally reviewed this restaurant (titled, Sorry, Not For Me) and I want to say I was absolutely wrong! Although I based my first review on a bad experience the first time, I decided to give the Konkani Café a second chance due in large part to the most professional and sincere Restaurant Manager I have ever met in my travels to more than 50 nations and too many restaurants to count. The managers name is Neeraj and when he saw me he asked how I enjoyed the meal I had the day before. When I was honest with him, he showed great concern and was determined to have me come back in so he could make things right. He then took the time to ask my likes and dislikes. As he evaluated he then made suggestions (I think the waiter we had the day before should have done this from the start). We then decided on several different dishes including a Tiger Prawn appetizer along with a grilled chicken and rice and ending it with a traditional dessert that was incredible (takes over 8 hours to make it). My friends, this place has now become one of my favorite restaurants in the entire world. Even if went back to Mumbai and stayed in a different hotel (this restaurant is inside the Vivanta President by Taj), I would absolutely go out of my way to eat at The Konkani Café. The myriad of flavors and the most wonderful decor and atmosphere is worth the trip. If you are in Mumbai - make sure you have a meal here. It is phenomenal! Thanks Neeraj for being the professional you are and giving me one of the best dining experiences I have ever had.

• Visited June 2012
5 Thank Jeff B
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Superb coastal seafood”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Truly first class fish and prawn dishes with very attentive and helpful service. Try the appams to soak up the rich fragrant gravy. Wonderful flavours from Goa, Kerala and Maharashtra. Not too expensive either.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank savvy_dave
Panjim, India
“A mix of sea food experience”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

It is the Taj brand that provides an aura to the food here. It is an assortment of all seafood, (fish, prawns , crabs) that is on the menu along with the chicken/mutton preparations of South India. What I found lacking is the exclusiveness either of Konkani or of Mangalorian or Chettinaad cuisine. It comes all in a mix, particularly in the seafood thali which is a favourite here. The Kerala appams and stew is good. You may not also find any typical Malvani dish either, particularly if you are looking for a typical crab ( Khekadaa) preparation.

All in all, for a choosie foodie like me, the food did not impress much. The service and the ambience certainly is good, no doubt.. Taj. Try the mocktais and juices, they are quite good.

• Visited May 2012