“Very Good For Budget Travellers”

OYO 8850 J K Regency
Ranked #387 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Mumbai as you know is a very big city. The hotel is majorly for Single Males, Business Travellers and If for an experience you want to visit - Also for small families. The reception is clean , well lighted , even a free internet connection with an attached printer is located nicely for you to use. But some drawbacks which would urt you if you are the Corporate Type -
a).Room Service is very very slow.
b).Complimentary B/f is better - If you don't take it.(Too Less).
c).Room cleanliness is Really Bad ...and you have to Push to Limits to get the Housekeepng Staff come and help you.(In a place lie Mumbai where every second counts - This is where the Hotel Jetlags)
d).Staff are good, but very untrained - you - need that heart of An Indian Traveller to accommodate - but, they are ready to help.
e).You feel at the end - for a few extra bucks - you could have been in a better place.

Some Ho Ho Factors About Them -
a). When you are at the Free Internet point - nobody disturbs you.
b).You will ask for a room change, they shall do it, if you reasonably ask at the right time, even help you shift.
c).The lift is of excellent nature, large mirrors everywhere.
d).Reception staff are generally cooperative, leaving one or two.
e).The hotel carries an old world charm kind of a feeling, a graceful receptionist, good variety of food, free water and very hygienic.
f).Ask for ten towels a day - and they shall give you.

I would not recommend this hotel for a upper middle or middle class conservative family, unless you are in a rush to be there, or you don't have any other bookings , with family - the Hotel in Mumbai - looks a bit lonely, specially the outer Spaces such as the Staircases , open Corridors and the adjoining lanes are very horrendous.Don't go out after 10:00 pm is the key.

There was this small shop at the back of the Hotel - which on a Sunday - somehow started to pay HINDI and MARATHI songs on its highest possible sound or you can say noise limit - I felt we are sleeping in a DISCO THEK with has not time limits actually !!! You have to be a strong hearted person.

One more thing that happened with us personally - I don't know if it was right or wrong - but or booking was done by One Miss. Kavita over the phone, and the lady sounded extremely courteos, and soeone who understood Family Travelling needs. But this came out as a big shock to me, On Reaching The hotel , the lady suddenly disappears, and after much asking nobody answers where she is , or who exactly she is. Hotel started charging us -
1). Extra Room Tariff
2). Added Taxes Over Our Room Rate not told to us by this Lady
3). Free B/f was pathetic - I would say - better if was not served..very very less
4). Even on Room Service food - we were being charged Additional Taxes.
This was all against the commitments made to us over the phone by this lady - but She seemed to have disappeared once the BOOKING GOT CONFIRMED. Our budgets went topsy turvy, and the hotel staff was very un-cooperative - when it came to any kind of a negotiation with any FINANCIAL RATES - no matter Food Room or Even Taxes.
My advice is - carry an extra 5000/- if you travelling for three days,or else you will have a lot of mental tension, fighting this in-fight or Maybe the BOGUS - don't know, can't do policy of this hotel.
(I wish someone can write this review in HINDI fr me, for our UP people are the most accomodating, with these kind of Cheat Policies, but they should stand up and fight).

Travelling with a family, don't go to this hotel. It is not safe.

Want to spend money, have drinks in the room, go you'll not forget your trip ...

Totally depends - on the kind of a person you are -

I would rate 65/100 for this hotel ........................

The best part for this journey - was when we were checking out of the hotel ......... I felt I'll be alive

I've taken ample pictures - my bluetooth needs some working - I'll post soon...

Happy Journeying

Room Tip: We chose room no.602 and it was excellent. All rooms of the hotel are good. It matters which one you...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank PringleStick

Reviewed 18 January 2013

this is not a 3* property as advertised on most websites, more like 1* only. The room was quite clean and the ac worked well enough. Small bathroom though. The hotel is located next to andheri highway, so the noise of the traffic wont let you sleep. Even though i was on 3rd or 4th floor, it was still like all the noise was right outside my window.
On the better side, the staff is corteous and the room service is quite quick and efficient, and the food was good as well.
Also, really appreciated the free airport pick up and drop.

Room Tip: Request a room on the farthest side from the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank adil234in
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We as a group of 50 students traveled from Bangalore to Mumbai... believing their wonderful presentation on the website we had booked 12 rooms...we were shocked to see the entrance of this place...the portray of the hotel in their pictures on the website is completely opposite to the reality their..!!! our rooms were so small the if 4 of stood joining our hands there would be hardly any place in the room....the bathroom was the worst part...if 1 goes in and stands half the space would be occupied...hardly a comfortable stay..!!! Dirty mattresses dirty bed spreads...dirty rooms...and on request to change the mattress..they said they do not have any other mattress or bed spreads and asked us to manage ..!!! And the food is served to you on your bed in dirty cutlery..!!! And in the entire stay (4 days) we were served breakfast at the reception area for their complimentary breakfast..!! There was no fitness center or restaurant that i noticed in the hotel...Do not go by the website information..!!! I would never go here again..!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank aishu_india
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My 3 daughters flew in from New Zealand and stayed at JK from midnight to 6am on July the 2nd 2012. They were collected at the International airport and dropped off at the domestic airport. As they needed a place to refresh and wait for their connection they found the JK adequate and hence on our return we (6 of us) booked 3 rooms at the JK for the 19th night. We waited at for the pickup at the domestic airport for well over 40 minutes. Finally in the car and on our way , looking forward to a relaxed evening and a goodnights sleep before our flight the next day........ the car stopped at the Imperial palace ...we told the driver that we were booked at the JK and No here and were told we had been 'transferred' here by the JK ! DO NOT trust the bookings/reservations at the JK......The imperial turned out to be nothing short of a brothel with activity thru the night, burnt and torn linen and bathrooms that were so horrible that a public toilet would have been more welcome!!!

Room Tip: BEWARE when booking with the JK Regency they transfer customers at will to the most despicable hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GTravellers
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I was shocked when I stayed there as I have booked the hotel after viewing the website.
The hotel did not have all the facilities mentioned. Internet access was very limited, actually it was only one desktop in the reception which had Internet service. The room had a very small washroom but the service boys were helpful. Personally, I won't book the hotel again and for me it is not worth being a 3 star hotel!

Room Tip: Double delux rooms are best as it has some space other rooms are very small
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank njamil
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel, three time's, driver collected us from the airport, and returned us when we were ready to leave, although we arrived after midnight it was no problem to get a drink and snack. Good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank CheshireDenise
Reviewed 14 May 2011

On my Business trip, I stayed here.
Rooms were clean, but lighting not working and fitments were not proper. Everything was acceptable but the behavior of reception and room service person was extremely intolerable. On pointing the behavior, manager argues and puts a point as if they did a favor for providing the service. Even when I asked for complain book, manager say "we dont maintain the complain book, you can write a note on plain piece of paper".
I would recommend any respectable person to stay away from this hotel.

Ashutosh