“Terrible and worst experience...”
Review of Sampoorna Hotel

Sampoorna Hotel
Ranked #310 of 458 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Sampoorna falls short on all spheres and is not even half to be called sampoorna (meaning FULL in english). I had booked a room 5 days prior to visit and stayed in room 702.
Checkin was long wait as receptionist couldnt find the room to stock me in and atlast he did but without the key. I was told previous guest took the key with chkout.. LOL..i was escorted to room in a lift only capable of 4 person and i dont knw hw we fit in bt we did reach 7th floor and got in with service key. No hot water was available as the boiler got faulty same day i chked in and it continued till nxt evening i chkd out. Cable was out the moment i checked in and i was left with no cable televison for through out of my trip. room has no fans so when u dont want ac u cant do anything and ac doesnt support any sleep or blower mode just a remote to set temperature so all night i was just adjusting the temperature only. Bedsheets too werent fresh and they smelled and the room service never made my room despite putting up a note to clean my room. Next day after no morning news and no newspaper and no hot water i went for breakfast which was a mess. they had clubbed our buffet breakfast with some marriage party they hosted at their premises and the whole restaurant was full and not a seat to eat also nothing to eat as all that was left was leftover of the party. I had to go out to eat and i enjoyed that ;-). overall experience was a memorable trip that not to ever turn my eye again. so in summary. no hot water 24hrs, no television 24hrs , lift is so slow and takes forever to come to 7th floor, room service is pathetic as when i ask for water they say we just gave u an hour back LOL. Above all they dint do any concession for facilities they charged and dint work.

My advice: better not waste your money ever in this place

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Born2Rule

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had booked two rooms here for two nights for guests coming for my wedding
The rooms were booked a month in advance & had told the hotel that post advance payment would be done by me on the checkout date. Considering these were for my guests coming for my wedding, the payment had to be made by me and not the guests. The night previous to checkout, the reception started pestering my guests for payment. It was almost midnight and my wedding eve. They almost forced my guests to pay, before I had to intervene and asked them not to. They went to a point of telling me that they would not allow my guests to check out, even after telling them that my guests had an early morning train to catch and I will personally be there with the rest of the payment in cash before 12 noon, which was their checkout time.
I had to finally request my relative to rush at that hour of the night to make the payments.
Imagine what impression my guests carried along.
Having a hospitality bacground myself, I am apalled with the way the reception staff spoke. As the name suggests, hospitality industry is about customer experience and this kind of behaviour categorically says that Sampoorna is nothing but a roadside lodge, bothered only with money and giving a damn to customer retention.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank bakshi d
deekshashetty, Managing Director at Sampoorna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Mr Bakshi,

While I have personally looked into your grievance, it has come to my attention that you wanted your guests to check out since they had an early morning train. Since you have mentioned that you are from the hospitality industry, you would be aware that all domestic and international hotels have a policy of advance payment and bills to be settled prior to check out of guests from the hotel and not prior to the hotel check out time as mentioned by you. It would be inappropriate of your kindself to have the guest check out and expect our staff to allow the payment to be collected anytime later. Bill settlement prior to check out is a common procedure across all hotels of all categories.

I hope you would accept these terms and also my personal appologies if it upset you in anyway. We would appreciate your cooperation in this matter and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Deeksha Shetty (M.D)
Sampoorna Hotels Pvt Ltd.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

On my first visit to Mumbai i had to stay at Sampoorna, I say 'had' due to the fact that rooms had been booked in advance by our company and we had no choice. At first glance rooms seemed a bit small but ok, however the problem set in the moment the AC was switched on. It was highly noisy. A couple of members of our team also experienced the same issue and had to be relocated to other rooms which were equally pathetic. The only good fact about Sampoorna is its location, the proximity to major Malls and the breakfast- i should admit the buffet was wonderful in variety and quality. Food which we ordered was pretty tasty. However the noisy AC and the exorbitant price forced us to vacate it in 2 days instead of the 5 which we had planned. Later we shifted to ISKCON Juhu. Most other members of our team relocated to other service apartments within 1 day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rajesh-Vizag
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Sampoorna is a essentially a Three Star property by popular word around however it is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being one....

However the THREE STAR qualities it has are...

1) location... excellent with its connectivity from the airport ( 45min auto)
2) The room CLEANLINESS.. albeit the size is a let down... Hell we are in Mumbai after all
3) Its food other than breakfast WHICH IS B O R I N G!!!

Good place to stay if u r a business traveler ...... strictly avoid if u r travelling as a family

Room Tip: Avoid the road facing rooms because the traffic din will give u sleepless nights
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sumit_Pradhan
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The Sampoorna Hotel, in Malad. A 3 star hotel opposite of the Infinity Mall.
The location is great if you have to be in the area Malad (W), rickshas are always available and service is as expected. In the beginning we had some small issues as the first room 402 was super noisy, couldn't sleep due to traffic noise. Then we moved to another room were the save was not working so we had to move to another room, then we came to room 602 and in the beginning things were not great however after returning from dinner we got a new TV and everything was tip top! I stayed for 13 days and again i will come back on the 23rd. Keep in mind for the European or Western people booking this hotel, it is a real Indian hotel meaning yes the reception speaks English but housekeeping not so much. Also breakfast is full Indian, there is only some sliced bread with jam and butter. On request some plain yogurt is available. However again it is a fine hotel, and nothing more then expected, basic and clean.

Room Tip: If using the room just for sleeping an executive is fine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RoseArya
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed at Sampoorna for two nights last week. The staff was cooperative and polite. Liked the food, the room service was prompt. The room was clean. The location is good. It is close to two shopping malls.

B.S.Shetty

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Santosh S
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Sampoorna hotel -very rightly named as it has all the qualities one of a good hotel. Well mannered and co-operative staff , hygenic rooms , food - you can totally relish. :). It's located at one of the main roads in Mumbai suburbs and is close to 2 of the major shopping hubs in western suburbs.
worth a stay!