“Terrible - DON'T EVER GO HERE !! Its in Slum...”

Hotel Arma Executive
Ranked #428 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Pune
“Terrible - DON'T EVER GO HERE !! Its in Slum...”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I had been here for 2 days trip for visa interview with my wife.

Negatives:
1. Location is the worst. Its in slum area and you can find all scrap shops, Mutton shops nearby.
2. Its a complete muslim area where you feel a bit scared too. (No personal problem with muslim brothers)
3. The road to and from this hotel is almost always blocked/jammed
4. They charge 10 % extra for serving food to your room.
Ex: I asked them for a cold drink bottle. The MRP was 58 and they charged me 80 for the same + 10% service charge - summing upto 88 Rs.
5. The food is pathetic and smelly.
6. The rooms are big but a bit smelly.
7. The TV connection does not work at all in the night.

Room Tip: Do not use it as a LAST RESORT on the earth too specially when you are with family/female ! Pathetic...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank amitala1111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Mumbai
Reviewed 16 December 2012

The location shown on internet map was incorrect, hence location happened to be in undesirable area. Reception staff is cordial. Cleanliness is fine. Room service is average. Overall got value of money

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Lisbon
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This is one of the places that can spoil the image of a whole city to a foreigner. First of all it’s a wonderful place if you are interested in knowing everything about arrival schedules of the Mumbai’s domestic airport, if you love airplanes and you are deeply into aeronautics. You’ll be able to check all the details of the engines because they will be flying every five minutes in front of your eyes, at really close range, with the corresponding noise. Another great “first person” experience will be the one of living right in the middle of a slum. I don’t mean a small slum with a few shaggy houses. I mean a huge slum, where garbage, bad smell, residues of all types will be your best companions along with the dogs, goats, pigeons and crows that crave in the dirt fighting for food, amongst all the children playing in the garbage. That’s the view you’ll get from your room window besides an occasional truck loading and unloading on the opposite sidewalk. The hotel is on a side street directly connected to the main road where you can’t find anything worth seeing within a walking distance. Walking in that road is even dangerous because it’s constantly jammed with trucks, rickshaws, cars and all sorts of vehicles that won’t care if you’re walking and will push you into the nearest mud pond (try it in the rain if you’re really up for a challenge!) With all that traffic you could think that it was easy to find a rickshaw or a cab to take you places! Forget it. They are always full and they won’t even worry about trying to understand where you want to go. The way back to the hotel may be another adventure because you’ll have to phone the hotel and then put them talking to the driver so they can explain where the hotel is.
The hotel room is spacious but is not especially clean. On both sides of the bed there are two parallel mirrors that reflect the dirt they carry to infinity. If you call room service, they will never understand you and someone else will have to come to your door to get your order, or you’ll get a call from the reception. So, no use calling room service!
If you ask the hotel (as I did!) to find you a Mumbai tour with a guide to show you the city, be prepared to have a guide that hardly speaks English and that will drive you through the streets pointing at buildings and telling their names. This tour was so incredible that I almost couldn’t believe that was happening to me. The guide didn’t know not even the simplest fact about the city, not one single historical event and I was even questioned why I wanted to know the approximate date when the “Gate of India” (the most iconic building in the city!) was built. I got a reprimand from the guide saying that usually people just want to take photos. On the other hand, he pointed out to me where the houses of many rich people were, as if that was the most important thing about Mumbai.
On the morning I left, the boy that brought my breakfast wouldn’t leave my room until I gave him money. He didn’t speak English at all and just pointed out that he would be out of duty in a little while and wanted his tip. All this with lots of gestures and refusing to abandoned the room until he received money. Also on the reception they wanted me to pay for bottles of water that I had already paid to the boy that brought them. So, if you risk to go there and buy something (even a bottle of water!) ask for the paper, because the boys won’t give the money to the reception.
I think I could go on for pages and pages with all the incredible things that happened in this hotel. I think booking.com shouldn't have them listed as it might even get people in danger. I cannot imagine what I would do if, for instance, I had children with me in such a neighborhood, almost forced to be stuck in the room as it was virtually impossible to get out.
Avoid this place at all cost.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Darkskymoon

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

cheshire
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I booked into this hotel with friend's and must say I was very impressed, being so used to
standard rooms with unreal photo's this was a real gem, very modern, the bed was the most
comfortable iv'e had in Mumbai, very clean, the staff were so attentive and helpful, will be
using this hotel again for sure, thank you for our stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CheshireDenise
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute as we had a ten hour gap between domestic and international flights. I found the whole experience amusing from the crazy drive to the hotel from the domestic terminal, laid on by the hotel. The pick up wasn't planned with the hotel but we managed to find them with help from a budget hotel stand at airport (small tip of course). The hotel sits on the edge of the slum, check in all very odd, shown to our room which overlooked the slum. Room very dirty (chose not to have a shower) with lots of flies hovering. I have to say the porters were very helpful and went to buy us beers and snacks as we didnt feel very confident to eave the hotel due to the location. It is very close to airport (planes land just to the side of it) but feels a million miles away. All in all this served its purpose for our stay and was interesting to watch life in the slums from the windows (which I did for most of our stay). The complimentary taxi back to the airport wasn't free as stated but they organised it and it came on time, we payed the hotel 300 and
tipped thr driver 200 which is a lot considering they say it's not even 1km from the airport. I would not want to stay in this hotel overnight but might consider it just for the experience if I needed for the same purpose.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul T
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed here in January - well was supposed to stay here in January between flights! On arrival, we were informed that there was an issue with our booking and we could not stay but we were assured they had checked us into another "very good" hotel. One of the hotel staff took us to the hotel they had chosen for us, which was in the shadiest looking place I've ever seen. To get there the taxi went into a dark side street, we were taken up an alley and in through a door way that had a shutter jammed at chest height. As a young female travelling with a friend I can't say I wasn't terrified! The room that we were left in had extremely dangerous looking electrics (which sparked and buzzed periodically), the food was awful and there was only one bed! I still to this date don't know where it was they dumped us and thankfully we did get to the airport on time the next day but it was an ordeal I would not wish upon anybody! Especially not two girls aged 20/21. Book another hotel! You have been warned!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cmarcol673
Manipal, India
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 4 hours as I had some waiting between my domestic and international flight. I have been living in India for the last 6 months so I have a general idea of what to expect when it comes to hygiene etc . Firstly my free airport pick up delayed for 40 min. I arrived at the hotel, it took to the guy at the reception 20 min to check me in! no other customer was there by the way! I went into the room which was in very bad condition and not really clean! . Toilet seat was completely broken. No bath towel (i was not going to used it any way after the hygiene standards that i have seen) and no hot water either. There was no toilet paper and i had to request one. I took a nap for a while and i requested a wake up call and a taxi . They never wake me up . I woke up by my self, went down the ''receptionist'' was sleeping on the couch and a taxi was never booked for me and I had to wait 10 more minutes to get one! I have stayed in few hotels in India until now that was by far the worst experience i had in a hotel and by India prices its not cheap either!

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo