“A Mixed Experience”

Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach
Ranked #83 of 485 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Travelled on business. June 2014.

Complimentary airport transfer to the hotel happened smoothly.

Since I reached at 0915 hrs - I did not expect a check-in at that time - and wanted to rush in to my event which had already begun at 0900 hrs. i asked the gentleman manning the reception desk to give me wi-fi access - since my mobile device was not getting data connectivity. He refused - saying I had not checked in.
So I went off - and in to the banquet area - to get down to business. During a break post noon - I spotted hotel staff and asked for w--fi access now that I was officially eligible to check-in.
He flatly refused - saying wi-fi access was for the room only.
I spent the whole day minus any data connectivity on my mobile device - relying on my trusty dongle - no thanks to Novotel.

By evening - when I went to check in - I was informed that I had been upgraded to a suite ( wonder how and why ? ) and was installed there with a fabulous view of the Arabian Sea in front of me. So - great. The room was lovely and well appointed and I was eligible for a sundowner at the exclusive bar on the 7th floor.

And the wi-fi worked brilliantly - not just in my room but throughout the hotel !

Service quality at the bar was slow and in-room service took 45 minutes to bring me my soup in the night. No apologies or any information as to why was it delayed. When I called the service number - I did not get a response three times. On my fourth try - hotel staff said they were too busy to pick up calls or even let me know that my order was being delayed.

Next morning - post a very decent breakfast and my check-out ( although I was in the hotel for the rest of the day on work ) - i found my wi-fi connectivity gone. Off I trotted back to reception to tell them - that I was technically supposed to be connected at least till noon ? The kindly staff restored my connection - but it was cut off again at 1115hrs. Probably they felt I had too much of a good thing.

The last saving grace was when I stepped out towards evening to take care of some work outside the hotel - and I realised that I could not make it back to pick up my bag without missing my flight - as evening traffic had built up. So i called the hotel and asked that my return airport transfer be done for only my bag - and I would meet and collect it at the airport. Which was thankfully managed after a few phone calls and text messages.

Overall - a mixed experience. That could have been better.

Room Tip: Sea facing room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank riitoo
Novotel Mumbai J, Director of Sales at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We thank for staying with us and writing us a feedback.

We are concerned to hear that you faced a challenge with undue delays and wi-fi access. I have highlighted your comment to the concerned department sand introduced measures over this matter to ensure it does not happen again. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you and request you to treat this incident in isolation

On a positive note, we are satisfied to know that you enjoyed the view of Arabian sea from your room, exclusive facilities extended to the premier room guests, high speed wi-fi and wide spread breakfast buffet.

We look forward to welcome you again at Novotel Mumbai!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (2,049)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had a brilliant experience at Novotel . The staff at the front desk and the restaurant went out of the way to make our trip excellent. I visited the hotel with some friends and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The rooms were as per our convenience and clean. I want to mention a thank you to staff like Harsh and Assumption to take care of us. Might visit soon and get more friends along

2  Thank Tianjing
Novotel Mumbai J, Director of Sales at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We thank you for choosing our property as your accommodation during you recent visit to Mumbai and taking out time to share your experience with us.

We are really pleased to know that you were satisfied with the service and facilities offered to you during your stay and that we managed to live up to your expectations. This will certainly motivate us to keep up the good work.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Ever wonder waht it is like to sit and watch the ocean without getting all the sand in your feet and elsewhere. Well look no further Novotel Mumbai is the answer. The hotel offeres one with their comfort fit rooms and lavish choice of food. The staff at the reception and at the Square are always smilig and willing to help. Nice, Comphy and Enjoable...

wil come again

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation during your recent visit to Mumbai and providing a feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are happy that you enjoyed our lovely idyllic location with the gorgeous views of the sunset on the Arabian Sea and were satisfied with the food served at our restaurants and service extended by our staff.

We look forward to welcome you again at Novotel Mumbai!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel location is fantastic with the direct view of the Juhu beach. Had a very pleasant stay with warm and affectionate service. I felt like I was at home.
The front office staff was very well groomed and greeted us very well and attended to all our requests very amicably especially Vishal. He is doing his job in a fantastic manner.
Kudos to Novotel Juhu.

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We thank your for your feedback.

We are happy that you enjoyed our lovely idyllic location and the gorgeous view of the Arabian Sea from your room.

It gives us immense pleasure to know that you liked the service extended by our staff.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Novotel Mumbai is a place to be when u are in mumbai. I stayed there for 3 nights...the staff and the hotel was great. My check in was prettyv good as the person who checked me in gave me a beautiful room and made sure i was comfortable in the room until the last day. Me and my friend litterly enjoyed the breakfast at the lounge. The property is a beauty the pool is senic and the gym is amazing... One must visit.Goodluck staff of Novotel youll made our staff worth the buck

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank akash920

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We thank you for your feedback and for taking out time to share your experience with us.

It is indeed a pleasure for us to know that we could add to your memories of Mumbai.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was my first stay at a Novotel, though I have stayed with other Accord brands being a member of the Accor club. I did not leave with a positive impression. This was not the standard of Pullman, Mercure or even the Ibis' I have stayed at.

To start with, it was arounf 15%-20% more expensive than similar brands from Starwood or Carlson. That built up a lot of expectation. When i arrived at the hotel, there was no personal touch. Most of the front office staff seemed in a hurry. The tone was not friendly and it was very businesslike. When the room keys were handed over, nobody from belldesk was asked to show the room or carry the luggage, I was expected to do so myself. No directions were given and I waited for around 60 seconds to ask directions for rooms after keys were handed over. It seemed that the foreigners got all the staff's attention while we were ignored.

The room was dated with age showing on every surface. Be it bathroom glass, water stains on the washbasin, aged wood surface of the table and everything else. It certainly didn't seem worth the price paid for.

The only saving grace was the breakfast on offer, but the service was still pathetic. I couldn't get a glass of water even after asking 2 servers. My colleague had asked for idlis which were finished when she went to pick up from the buffett. they never came.

There are much better options around. This property doesn't live up to the Accor brandname.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gauravlal80

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation during your recent visit to Mumbai and providing a feedback.

We are concerned to hear that you were inconvenienced by the service extended to you and faced a challenge with undue delays. Your comments have been highlighted to the concerned departments and we have introduced measures over this matter to avoid similar occurrences in future.
Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in Juhu and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We regret that this was not your impression.

We are in the process of renovating our property. I hope you return and give us an opportunity to show you the refurbished and much more beautiful version of our hotel and convey that your experiences are not our usual standard and we give high priority to guests’ comfort and satisfaction.

Amrita Gujral Sachdev,