“One of the best views of Juhu Beach, Great Rooms and VFM Service”

Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach
Ranked #74 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“One of the best views of Juhu Beach, Great Rooms and VFM Service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had stayed here right after my marriage and whatever a couple would want we had it all. Romantic views, great food, Beautiful sunrise and sunset. It was a great setting for the perfect post marriage stay.

You can spend your entire time looking at the view of the changing scene of the beach from morning to night. Mornings start with a great spread of breakfast and Olio has a great menu.

If hospitality is what you are looking for Novotel is where you have to come to. Right from the gate to the check out the staff is very warm and friendly.

The rooms are clean, good sleep quality and to top it up great room service .

Best wishes to the entire Novotel Juhu Beach team

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Novotel Mumbai J, Director of Sales at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear iaditya

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay

We are pleased to hear that you not only enjoyed the exotic view of Arabian sea from your room, but also the various facilities and services provided by the hotel. We are delighted to be a part of your memories and happy to know that you had a wonderful experience.

I would also like to thank you for your appreciation of our breakfast spread at the Square our all day dining restaurant as well as the menu at our Italian restaurant Olio.

We greatly value feedback such as yours helps to further meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

Once again thank you very much for your positive comments and we hope to be of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Novotel has one of the best locations in the heart of Mumbai, with the beach right in front. A chilled beer by the beach & the pool is the best feeling ever and the staff made the experience very warm & friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view, very beautiful
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hrsh_thkr
Novotel Mumbai J, Director of Sales at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear 0020 hrsh_thkr

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are happy that you enjoyed our lovely idyllic location with the gorgeous views of the sunset on the Arabian Sea while enjoying a beer by our lovely poolside. I would also like to thank you for your recognition of our teams and am sure that these will certainly be very encouraging and motivating for them.

Thank you once again for your patronage of Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mumbai.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with a colleague and we got upgraded without having to pay extra. Breakfast buffet had a lot of choices. Nice hotel location. Friendly and helpful staff. The only thing that should be improved is wi-fi signal - somehow I had trouble logging on. We also got a free ride to the airport. Thank you :)

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Nina M
Novotel Mumbai J, Director of Sales at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Nina M

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We thank you for taking the time to send us positive comments about the hotel stay and are pleased to hear that your experience at the hotel was enjoyable. Your appreciation of the breakfast spread at the Square our all day dining restaurant is truly encouraging.

I would also like to thank you for your recognition of our teams and am sure that these will certainly be very and motivating for them.

Once again thank you very much for your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed in as a family in connecting sea facing rooms. The hotel is located on the quiter and cleaner part of Juhu beach. The size of the rooms is ok for a couple and the view of the sea from the rooms is superb. The hotel functions like a good business hotel with efficient but a bit impersonal service. It caters to business visitors and airline staff. The rooms that we stayed in were very clean (we had read some adverse reviews and were aprehensive) , the consumables were replenised regularly. The breakfast has a wide variety of items and they were generally quite tasty. The pool is very small. The hotel is visited regularly by Bollywood celebrities who live in the Bandra /Juhu area and there is very good change of meeting them (like we did). Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Choose sea facing rooms. They are a bit expensive but worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Deepaks17

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our lovely idyllic location with the gorgeous views of the Arabian Sea. Guest satisfaction is a high priority for us and therefore truly motivating when guests like yourself take the time to comment on their satisfaction.

The team at the Square, our all day dining restaurant were very motivated to learn that you were pleased with the breakfast buffet provided.

Also noted was your experience of impersonal service from our team members. I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the standards that the hotel maintains. Guest satisfaction is a high priority for us, an area that we repeatedly train on and follow up, in an effort to sustain a high level of service throughout the hotel.

We hope to be of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel is good. Might be a good idea to change the setting on the seats close to the entrance a bit, to mak it more convenient. Hotel rooms are good, specially the premier rooms. Spa is fantastic. And I like the food at the restaurants

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Frans W

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We truly appreciate your positive feedback regarding the hotel specially the Premier rooms, In Balance by Novotel our Spa and the food in our restaurants.

The concerns that you have highlighted have been shared with the respective teams. I assure you of our best, moving forward.

I do hope you will visit us again on your next visit to this magnificent city and home to Bollywood superstars…Mumbai.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had many issues during our stay with poor food, non existent customer service and terrible hygiene in the rooms. Work going on in pool area with no warning to guests. Staff look tired and despondent ..This place is run down and definitely needs to pick up its game.

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank PerpetualTraveler23
Dear PerpetualTraveler23

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you might have experienced on your recent stay with us.

I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the standards that the hotel maintains and the matter has been highlighted to the concerned departments so that remedial measures can be taken.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have came here to spend a couple of nights with my wife, thinking to spend some good time. But the experience with the 'Guest Service' spoiled all the fun. Firstly mini bar was not filled and next day after the reception promised to refill it, it was not done so. They also didn't refill all the standard amenities in the toilet that were present on the first day.

In morning at 6.00 my wife was having mild temperature so I called the 'Guest Service' for medicine like Crocin or Combiflam (paracetamol) and the staff said "we don't keep any medicine and it is too early for shops to be open. Sorry" and disconnected the call. I later came to know there are about four 24 hour chemist in less than 2 km radius.

Later at night around 10, I was feeling hungry and thought of ordering in-room dining. The staff said "our lifts are out of order so we are not taking any order. Our buffet is serving the same food, you can go and have it there" when I again called the 'Guest Service' to speak to some authority like AHM or HM, was told that he is currently busy and will call back. When I got a call the staff on other end with introducing himself goes 'yes sir, yes sir' on asking thrice as to who are you he introduced himself stating was from in-room dining. Took my order and said will take upto an hr for food to be delivered. So I asked what if the food gets cold. His reply 'will try not to send cold food'. That means there are chances I will get cold food? He said Yes. But will try that it doesn't get cold.

I again tried to speak with AHM or HM, but was connected to DM (because neither of the 2 I wanted to speak to were in the property) who sounded apologetic and listened to all my complains for 10 mins and promised that he will make sure that someone from his guest relation will call me the next day between 10am and noon (before check out). Again as expected no one bothered to get in touch with me the next day.

Also the walls of rooms in this hotel are so thin, I can hear all the conversations happening in room next to mine. There is almost zero sound barrier.

To make it worst, at the time of check out no one came to pick up the bags. After waiting for 15 mins, I had to drag my own bags to reception.

Later Mr Amit Kulkarni gives me his card and says we are sorry but this time we can't do much next time if you give us a chance will upgrade the room. As if he will remember it after few days let alone months.

These people really don't know what customer service is and they never fulfil their own commitments. It is by far the worst service I have experienced in a hotel of this category. I strongly suggest my fellow travellers to avoid this hotel. Not at all worth it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Thelibran
Dear Thelibran

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments are valuable and essential to ensure that the services we provide maintain and enhance the proud reputation that is synonymous with the Novotel brand.

It was therefore very concerning to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apology and let me assure you that this is not the standard that is maintained by us at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach.

Although we are a large hotel operation, guest satisfaction is a high priority for us, an area that we repeatedly train on and follow up, in an effort to sustain a high level of service throughout the hotel allowing travellers such as yourself to have a pleasant, productive and hustle free stay.

Mr Thelibran, your valid points will be shared with our team and I am certain this feedback will help us improve.

Thank you once again, it is only feedback such as yours that allows us to further meet and exceeds our guest expectations. I would like to assure you that we are committed to ensuring that your next visit will be a memorable one and that Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach becomes your preferred residence in Mumbai.