“Good Transit Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport

Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #35 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Leeds
“Good Transit Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here as our flight was leaving from Mumbai. Nice comfortable hotel though did not use any of the facilities. All in all a good hotel- seems like a brand new one.
The coffee shop had a buffet spread-looked nice only the food was okay. The rooms are comfy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I was for three days in Mumbai for business. This is a new hotel. It has everything you would expect from a five star, although it's official rating is four star. The rooms are really nice - amongst Holiday Inn hotels definitely one of the best I have ever seen. The quality of the rooms easily matches Interconti - and that is not lightly said. Everything is very clean. Hygiene standards are perfect which one cannot say of every hotel.

The price was very reasonable, and in terms of value for money this is exceptional.

Staff was friendly and helpful and the duty manager was perfectly willing to accommodate special wishes for a Platinum / Royal Ambassador member of the chain.

It was a good surprise. I recommend it.

Room Tip: Talk to the Duty Manager.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

I'm a Platinum member with Priority Club and I stay in hotels easily exceeding 120 days per year. This is a fairly new hotel but amongst all other HolidayInn hotels, this leaves a negative impression on both my 2 stays, my last stay being recently in Aug2011.

Bugs: Not sure if it was bed bugs but I was bitten in room 405. I killed a few of those bugs and asked for assistance to change to another room. When the staff came over to assist me with my luggages, I showed him the bugs and also a live one that was running around. He called the hotel's pest control immediately and I moved to room 330. I wasn't able to spot any bugs in 330 but after that incident, I was terrified and spent alot of time inspecting every corner of the bed before I could convince myself to lie on it.

Room 330 is great except that it's near to the water pumps and were very noisy even throughout the night. I recognize the noise from water pumps because I had them previously in one of my houses that had low water pressure.

Fruit Basket was promised by a staff but was not delivered. I checked with the front desk and was told it was a miscommunication and I will not receive one. As I was staying several days without getting much fruits in my meals, I asked to pay for a fruit basket which then was told they will arrange one for me for free - that never came.

Turn down service was only available on first day of stay with complimentary chocolates. I confirmed with front desk that this was correct.

Lounge - Food served during happy hours was pathetic. The only great food was the biscuits that were made by the hotel and was available whole day. Pick food during happy hours were far from typical HolidayInn standards. And if any alcoholic drinks were consumed, before you can leave the lounge, the staff will ask you to wait patiently while they print out an invoice from the lobby bar, bring it up for you to sign as an acknowledgement. Many guests just refused to wait or just stormed off after 5mins. Lounge staff was apologetic everytime though. Lounge staff was also not able to assist in most enquiries and had to diverted to front desk for advise. Not typical of a Holiday Inn executive lounge.

Taxis - Concerige claims that they recommend HolidayInn cars on rental basis or otherwise allow cool cabs (privatised) cabs that doesn't use meters. If you need a meter cab (meru, mega, easycab) that is not available and you have to either walk out of the hotel to flag one down. On my first day, I literally walked out of the hotel in protest and immediately got a metered cab right infront of the hotel. The following day, I complained about this to the front desk and one staff apologised for this and cited some issues with taxi unions and assisted on a special basis to order a radio taxi that uses a meter. (price from meter cabs turned out to be 1/2 of those from fixed rates cool cabs)

On a positive note, their restaurant (Saptami) was very good. Breakfast spread was good and typically Indian based. I tried several ala carte dishes for dinner and every meal was good and commendable!

On check out, front desk manager was aware I was going out to the hotel to hail a cab again and offered a free drop off at the airport - something I appreciated greatly. It was a kind gesture but I wish for improvement in other areas to be inline with HolidayInn group.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SporeSamSeng
HarryThaliwal, Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 16 September 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is very disheartening to know that we have not been able to provide you with a comfortable stay experience.

While I totally understand your concerns, I would like to assure you that we do not have bed bugs in the hotel. All our rooms go through a very extensive pest control routine and are thoroughly checked periodically. Having said this, we cannot rule out the possibility of some other kind of insect entering the room on account of the ongoing monsoon season. We have taken up this issue with our pest control and the housekeeping team and we have put together an even more comprehensive framework to operate within.

On the other hand, suite room 330 was offered to you with an intent to make up for the inconvenience caused you on the day of arrival but it is very unfortunate to note that you were disturbed by the noise in the room. We have taken this room under observation to check for all potential causes that may have led to the noise.

We sincerely apologise to you for the inconvenience caused and assure you that it was not our intention to cause you any kind of discomfort.

Fruit Basket: As a standard we do not provide fruit basket in our guest rooms but what is really disturbing is you not receiving the fruit basket even after being promised. We have taken up this issue very strongly with our front line staff to ensure such incidents do not occur again.

Lounge: We value your feedback. Your comments have been shared with our executive chef and we have reworked the options to offer a better selection of snacks. We have also reviewed our current billing process at the lounge and have now withdrawn the practice of taking the guest signature on the bills.

Taxis: The hotel has its own cars which are available for guest use and there is also an option of taxis available outside the main gate. These taxis work on fixed rate basis, which is common for all hotels across Mumbai. One can also call for a taxi that runs on a meter but these are to be booked well in advance. We regret our inability to assist you in a better way.

While I would like to once again apologise for the above, I must not forget to thank you for your feedback on the quality of food served at our Saptami restaurant. Your comments have been shared with our chefs and they are very pleased to receive your feedback. It is also very thoughtful of you to convey your appreciation to the staff member who assisted you during your departure. Thank you again for the encouraging words.

Nothing is more important than regaining your trust and all of us here hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you here at the Holiday Inn soon to provide the positive experience you have come to expect from us.
Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

I arrived late into Mumbai and had an onward flight the next day - this hotel was ideally situated close to the international airport (around 10 mins drive - at night) and as it is quite new had clean spacious modern rooms with all the amenities you could want.
Check in was quick and efficient - and staff were friendly and helpful. On check out however the guy seemed new and had all sorts of issues with the credit card machine - finally got sorted albeit with 5 slips of transactions for me.
My only criticism was that at breakfast the coffee shop area did not seem to have enough tables for the amount of guests - and so some waiting was required - which is not ideal in a morning - when time is precious and you just want to get on with it.
There are other good hotels nearby such as Courtyard Marriott, Leela, Intercontinental, Hyatt etc. So my recommendation is, if you can get a good price for the Holiday Inn go there if not try another hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

I am a music lover hence i always look for a music system in my hotel. When i saw a ipod doc in the room i was very happy and it was quite surprising....tea maker is avalable in the room. room is very good clean bathroom with rain shower. International dishes are prepared at Saptami Restaurant’s live cooking stations, while Saptami Express offers fresh deli items. Evening cocktails can be enjoyed at 72 lounge bar.

Room Tip: hotel is new hence all the rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights before leaving India after a 2 week trip. The hotel was very crowded and it is not very well located. It is situated in the middle of a slum and made us feel a little unsafe when going out. The room was nice and clean, nothing special. The service is not that good. We called them a few times to fix the safe box that wasn't working and have never had anybody coming in to fixed it or had any explanation why it wasn't fixed. All room service is very slow. Check in and check out also is slow. We stayed previously at the Trident Bandra and for the same price got a much better deal. We decided to stay here at the end of the trip to avoid traffic when going to the airport. The food is good and the service in the restaurant area is much better than in the hotel area.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

the ambience and furnishings were awesome.the food specially the lunch and dinner is very reasonable...need not say about the complementary breakfast..:)
the airport transfers were very prompt and perfect.
except for the luggage service..everything was best specially the house keeping staffs

Room Tip: single superior
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family