“Comfortable Stay!!”

Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #35 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Kolkata
“Comfortable Stay!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Located adjacent to the Saki Naka metro station with good shopping and eateries closeby. The hotel is close to the airport and offers good comfortable rooms with modern bathroom. The amenities too are good and the hotel provides one way complimentary transport to the airport.
The view from the room is far from pleasant, as it opens to some tall unkept residential buildings.Check in and out is done efficiently and the staff are courteous. The breakfast spread though could have been more elaborate considering the price.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing residential apartments
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Guharoy
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport!!
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to note that you've had a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Mumbai. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to serve you better.
Your feedback regarding the breakfast has been carefully noted & my team is working towards it.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again to Holiday Inn Mumbai in the near future.

Suraj Kumar Jha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Pune
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

The location of the hotel is very convenient for business travelers and it is comparatively easy on the pocket.
It happened to be a busy night at the hotel...looked like a couple celebrating their 25th anniversary and a group booking all together. The check-in process took me about 30 minutes out of which 20 minutes were in the queue waiting my turn. I can’t blame the hotel for this though.
Nevertheless, I got to my room in a relatively upbeat mood. The rooms are large but the decor is average and it looked tired. The carpet is in need to change or a thorough shampoo. It had stains all over it. The shower is one of those that have a glass pane for you to be able to watch TV in the bedroom. It had stains on it that could not be too hard to remove I think. It appeared to be lime scale. Not something you'd expect at a Holiday Inn.
Then comes the disgusting part....the drain in the tub has been ignored for a very long time. It had black grime/slime under the stopper. The sink had some kind of reddish stains on it and again looked like the lime scale had dulled it. The commode had not been cleaned well for a long time...there was a strange dirty brown color at the bottom....I spent two nights in this room and I would definitely have moved if there were any other rooms available in the vicinity.
On a positive note the food, dinner and breakfast is pretty good. The staff is friendly and warm.
I like to believe that I just got unlucky with my room. I will return once again just to make sure
My room number was 318 I believe, this review has been overdue for about 4 weeks now.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DurgR2013
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport!!

Thank you for sharing your constructive and detailed feedback on Trip Advisor which acts as a learning tool in our constant endeavor to exceed guest expectations.
I do regret to note the slow Check-in experience and room issues you had with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. The issues related with Check-in and Guest room have been taken up with concerned team members and we are working on it.
However we are happy to note that you like our breakfast, dinner and other staffs response from other staff member.

Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Better than 5 star hotels in the area. The staff was excellent all the way around, during our stay of 5 days. Abhijit, Rajiv & Supriya were always helpful and going above and beyond the level to provide the best service possible. The hotel rooms were excellent, clean and perfect for couple. I will recommend to all. I will stay in this hotel again while in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bradentonhie
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Our goal is to consistently provide superior service to our guests and your comments are very important to us and have been shared with Abhijit, Rajiv & Supriya and It is messages like these that encourage our staff to do more.
We are happy that the team able to take care of all your requirements with warmth and professionalism and your appreciation will definitely be conveyed to them.
We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again on your future visits to the city.
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I happened to stay at this property Twice for 3 days each, for a business meeting, its proximity to International Airport (10-15mins drive) makes it a good place to stopover.
The rooms are quiet good, toiletries provided are of excellent quality, the breakfast spread is good & also the food quality is at par.
Checkin takes a little longer than at other hotels in the same league, room services can also be a bit swifter.
overall, as a corporate package its quiet worth the money spent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sameeuddin
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
It has been our constant endeavor to provide the best of Holiday Inn experience to all our guests and we feel extremely elated to have guests like you stay with us again and again.

We look forward to your continued support and encouragement.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed her one night en route home to the UK. I picked it because it sells itself as being close to the international airport. It is approximately 20-30mins drive.

We arrived late on Saturday night and there was entertainment in the lobby. It was so loud that I repeatedly had to ask the front desk staff to repeat himself. There really is no need for it to be that loud.

The guy who checked us in gave us a ridiculously hard sell for a package of internet, transfer to the airport and breakfast. It was rally overpriced and when he told us a transfer would be 800rs to the airport I was surprised. We'd just paid 300rs from the domestic airport, which was. Much further away. Eventually the price kept coming down and we were given the transfer for 200rs as part of a bigger package.

Our room was very comfortable and generally clean. However, one of the towels was stained and the surface beside the kettle had not been wiped down from the previous guests. We asked for this to be addressed and for an iron and ironing board to be brought up.

We went down to dinner and caught the tail end of the 'street food' festival. The guys working in the kitchen and on food stations were excellent. They seemed genuinely enthusiastic about the food and took time to explain what was what. The hostess had not so great customer service skills and deliberately served someone else who arrived after us.

We went back to our room and found clean towels but no iron and ironing board. We decided to leave it until morning. As we were heading to breakfast we saw someone from housekeeping and asked him to bring one. We arrived back from breakfast and it still wasn't there. Eventually we phoned housekeeping again and a woman brought one up.

Overall, the room was clean and comfortable but the customer service needs some improvement. I also did not like the hard selling tactics at the front desk upon check in. I did not appreciate that. I wonder if the staff are on commission to sell the extra packages as he wouldn't take no for an answer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LDNgal
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
In all earnest, we thank you for the positives that you have highlighted about us. At the same time, your feedback on improvement of customer services is concerning with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service and would like to assure you that we are re looking at areas pointed out.
We do have a training system in place, wherein our employees are trained to provide consistent service in order to meet our guest’s expectation. I am sure in your next visit we would be able to offer you better experience.
We look forward to serve you soon.
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had Stayed at hotel for 4 days with my mom andit was a gift from me to my mom and you made ma stay wonderfull and as a Priority club member they recognised me very nicly avinash and swati took ma check in and all the bell boys were too help full thank you all Front office team for making my mom happy.A big Thank you to all

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014

Greetings from Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport !!
We are delighted to learn that you had a great stay
Your feedback has been shared with Ms. Swati, Mr. Avinash and the Holiday Inn Mumbai team.
We look forward to your future stays, and continue to delight you.
Suraj Kumar Jha
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I had stayed in this hotel 3-5 th FEB, the look and feel of the hotel is good. Staff were courteous to help support as and when needed.

Only concern is on the food served, I had observed on both days I had breakfast the presentation of food is not good. Breakfast items like dosa,Idly to be improved. One of the chuneyes served was actually spoiled. Food also over priced which can be considered for reduction

I had stayed in the 5th floor the view was good, overall I had a pleasant experience except for the food

Regards
Chandra Sekharan

Room Tip: Please do select rooms in the top floors to get a good view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank chandse
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 7 February 2014

Greetings from Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport !!

We are glad to note that you found the hotel good and the associates courteous behavior, however I am concerned on your feedback on breakfast and presentation of food and I have taken up with my team and assure you that necessary action has been taken to improve the breakfast.