“Just what we required - I would select it again”
Review of GCC Hotel And Club

GCC Hotel And Club
Ranked #53 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Just what we required - I would select it again”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Above all, the hotel was kept scrupulously clean - always the first concern! My bed was comfortable and the room was sorted out again each day. Air conditioning was effective. Wifi was a bit slow and patchy, but best in the bar by the pool - which we hated, obviously.

Although the hotel itself felt perfectly safe and secure, it's not in an area that you would walk out and explore from: nothing to see and pretty grimey. The hotel ordered a very cheap and efficient taxi when we needed to go to the nearest mall.

Traffics very , very slow heading in to Mumbai, so it's not a place to select for travel into the centre. It is a popular conference centre (particularly for pharmaceutical industries) and had at least one wedding celebration or similar each day. Despite this we did not feel cramped, nor was it too noisy late at night. The muezzin was a bit loud at 5a.m. on one occasion though!

Room Tip: The rooms get costlier the higher up, but we were happy on third (deluxe).
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gregg R
GCCClub, General Manager at GCC Hotel And Club, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GCC Hotel and Club and taking out time to share your wonderful experience with us through Trip Advisor.
We are glad to know that you had an wonderful experience with us. We apologize for our Wi-fi being slow in certain areas. I have taken up this issue with the concerned department and ensure you that necessary corrective action is being taken so that our guest do not face any inconvenience on the same. Your feedback and suggestions are very important and serves as a tremendous source of inspiration for my team.

GCC Hotel and Club

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nottingham
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Very pleasantly surprised by this hotel - a warm welcome, very clean and staff are helpful. Rooms are of good size and bedlinen and towels changed every day. Food is good in the restaurant too. Rather too far out of Mumbai to make it useful for a city visit and the surrounding area isn't the greatest but the hotel is worth staying in if you need a base north of Mumbai. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Standard room was fine and well equipped.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
GCCClub, General Manager at GCC Hotel And Club, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that you had an wonderful experience with us. Your kind words of appreciation have been conveyed to our team. Your review stands as a tremendous source of inspiration for my team.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Exqusite stay if i have to describe it in one word. I wanted to celebrate by anni, and had booked the delux room, however I change it to an exe room after being suggested by the Reservation lady 'Laxmi'.With more than expected luxury for the price i paid, the complimentary wine in the room , the toprate food @ very resonable and very good service just made my day extra special.

Room Tip: Listen to the suggestion from reservation
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 10 June 2013

It was a corporate Get-together party on 7th June 2013,which was truly exceptional it was just planed one day in advance but Mr. Harish Joshi was at his best in planning the event,food was excellent and all our fellow-mates who were present inspite of it being a rainy day enjoyed the party to the fullest & hats off to the support staff for rendering their excellent service with a smile...

We would be looking forward to have many more events in future.

Room Tip: Excellent venue for any events
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Mahmud F
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 1 June 2013

It was a wonderful experience to perform a grand wedding at GCC Club located at Mira-road, the club has a unique speciality for marriages and other celebrations which is a class apart from any other club.
The quality of food is much awesome and keeps our guest mouth watering.
The ambiance was really remarkable and hats off to Mr. John for such a kind and supportive person to all of us......CHEERZZ !!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Ra Hul I
GCCClub, General Manager at GCC Hotel And Club, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to know that your event was successful and you had an wonderful experience with us. Your kind words of appreciation have been conveyed to our team. Your review stands as a tremendous source of inspiration for my team.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The welcome was not good. First impression the service staff was cleaning around us in a very strange way when we were inquiring about membership. second point later when we went around to check club campus [actually the lady staff told us to go around and have look .]……on 6th floor in front of staff one member insulted us ….. he purposely shouted with out any reason he was very rood . We were not disturbing him but he created an issues to shut the door when we were close to door. the point is let me be very frank I felt insulted.

Room Tip: . The campus and the architecture is awesome.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Ras369
GCCClub, General Manager at GCC Hotel And Club, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and sharing your experience through Trip Advisor. I regret the experience you had in GCC due to our staff behavior.

I, along with my entire team of GCC would like to apologize for the same and we feel very bad to know that you left with an insulting feeling from GCC. We would never want any of our guest to leave with such feeling.

I have also conveyed your feedback to my team and I assure you that corrective action would be taken so that our Guest are never made to feel this way.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the mistake and give us one more chance to serve you better !!!

Thanks & Regards,
SAIKAT CHATTERJEE
Vadodara, India
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as I needed to be close to a training centre in Vasai. Three warnings:
Ask if they are still doing refurbishing as it was extensive, noisy, dusty and dirty when I was there.
Ask if they are having any film shooting as there is a regular shooting of some serial there (noisy all night as they where on my floor).

Price was good value at 6000 & something including taxes for a suite!

Understand that there are no restaurants or shopping malls nearby and so eating out is nearly impossible. Nearest restaurant is a daba on the highway 3km away.

Other than that this seems to be a hotel very much geared for the conference business meeting niche. Not good for romantic couples, families or people travellng on their own. Istayed in the Royal suite which was nice but useless TV channels. Room. was comfortable but light switches where confusing and there was one in my room that I couldn't switch off. Bed was comfortable, usual safe for valuables, nice spacious bathroom with bath and seperate shower cubicle.

Nice staff. Fairly efficient. Noisy on second floor due to film crew shooting.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Lokamitra
GCCClub, General Manager at GCC Hotel And Club, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing GCC Hotel and Club and taking out time to share your feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

I truly empathize the situation that you faced due to the noise made by shooting crew on your floor. Also, we are expanding and hence we have some renovation and refurbishing work going on. But, I truly regret the inconvenience caused to you for the same.

I have noted your valuable feedback for the TV channels and light switches and assure you that corrective measures shall be initiated.

I, along with my entire team of GCC would love to welcome you again and look forward to serve you again !

Thanks & Regards,
SAIKAT CHATTERJEE
GCC Hotel and Club
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mumbai (Bombay)
GCC Northside Hotel
#6 of 28 in Thane
Hotel Accord
#47 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Residency Hotel
#16 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Vile Parle East
Hotel Le Grande
Hotel Le Grande
#48 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Residency Hotel Andheri
#56 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Yogi Executive
#3 of 32 in Navi Mumbai

Been to GCC Hotel And Club? Share your experiences!