“Saved by their rooms”
Review of Lavender Bough

Lavender Bough
Lavender Bough
Ranked #267 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
“Saved by their rooms”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I visited Lavender Bough in May,2012. On reaching, I was greeted by the smell of garbage. The reception was clean and small. The rooms were good and clean, but the paint on the walls had cracked. The bathroom was really small. When I asked for some water to be sent to my room,it took 20 minutes for the staff to give me my water. Also, on the last day, they had asked to pay for the nights of my stay and also had to pay for half a day! In all the experience was very bad.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ExpertAdvice_1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
atlanta
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The marriage hall in the basement of lavender bough was very nice. The overall service at this site as we stayed in one of the rooms was good. The overall quality is good however the rooms do need updates.

Room Tip: delux rooms are better. the room had safe however it never worked.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank wtravelerAtlanta
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The overall experience was bad. The main lift to wasn't working, had to walk through the banquet hall to get to the lift. They kept moving heavy furniture on the floor above my room in the middle of the night making all sorts of creaky squeaky noise. There was no remote control for the AC, no toilet papers, bed sheets were stained.
The icing on the cake was when staff started demanding 50% cancellation charges for the tentative booking I had made for day 2, for which I had not even paid in advance, citing unprofessional reasons like my accountant will cut from my salary etc. I had never expected such pathetic service from a hotel in Mumbai.
You can book rooms here only if you really want to be in Ghatkopar for some reason or you have a marriage to attend - nothing else.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank C R

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Date: 18 November 2010

I had been there to change my clothes between my reception and marriage ceremony. The problem was peak season so inspite of checking with them on a previous day there was no room provided within 30min of arrival which caused trouble

Apart that, room was good. It had decent quality of cooling.

Would recommend to try other option if opting for this place

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Nikhil S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Run, don't walk, to another hotel. Check out the Jewel of Chembur, in the vicinity (although I have not stayed there). Where should I start? There are so many points of interest:
1)The room that smelled like sewage and ammonia and the response that involved copious amounts of air freshener.
2) The small lobby that smelled like a women's restroom from the stifling "lavender air freshener."
3) The cheap, wood grained plastic furniture in the rooms, and (due to thefts?) the price list for everything not bolted to the floor, such as the ashtray. The opaqued windows. The lightbulbs so low I used a flashlight to read.
4) Despite being listed as new, the cement walls were chipped around the door frame and the sheetrock was peeling in the hallway and the carpets were dirty.
5) Although the food in the unattractive dining room was tasty (because I think the revenue generator is the four large banquet rooms), we received a menu with new, higher, handwritten prices on each item on day 2 - was that because we were foreigners? In addition, each time we ordered something as simple as "an egg sandwich" and "a pot of tea" we received something that varied.
6) Despite the large lighted bar in the dining room topped by a rich variety of cocktail glassware, the restaurant serves so liquor.
7) There is no place to get away from the smelly room and lobby: no patio, balcony, business center, or any amenity.
8) One is disinclined to walk in the neighborhood, with the garbage filled empty lot to the right of the property and the shanty town filled lot to the left.

We stayed only because the bridal party put us up here, otherwise we would have left.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank LotsaMiles54
London
Reviewed 24 August 2010

My friends and I were booked into this hotel for our friend's wedding. The area has a few shops and amenities nearby, however if you want to explore Mumbai and see the sights and shop for outfits, then this isn't the hotel for you. It's so far away from everything and rickshaw/taxi drivers aren't willing to take you into town and bring you back.

Staff and service - The staff at the hotel are appalling. I have never experienced such terrible service. There are many examples of awful customer service, including being asked by the staff for more tips (!!!), toast and tea taking 1 hour to come to the room despite only approx 10 people staying at the hotel, staff not knowing how to use google to look up the US dialing code and just generally being unhelpful with simple requests such as booking a taxi or obtaining the wi-fi code (which was also not working all the time!). The staff also forgot to write down when we'd paid for things like laundry and tried to get us to pay again when we checked out. The staff are very slow, extremely unhelpful and rude.

The hot water didn't work all the time and the linen was often dirty. The fridge didn't work, the socket for the kettle had electricty sparks flying out of it and the other sockets were loose so had to be held in place with remote controls!

Also, the hotel does not allow alcohol and there's no bar!

The hotel building is nice but the service really lets it down. I would never stay there again and would not recommend to ANYONE. DO NOT STAY HERE OR HAVE EVENTS HERE.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank DD611
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 8 January 2010

We recently stayed at the Lavender Bough Hotel in Mumbai while attending a wedding. I will try not to exaggerate in my description. The hotel was exceptionally dirty. The first night we arrived at ~ 1 a.m. due to a late/delayed flight. Wanting to go to sleep immediately, we were prohibited by the hairs and red glitter in the sheets, indicating that they had not been changed since the previous inhabitants. The hotel is in a general state of significant disrepair, and this cannot be blamed on the staff. However, every day that we were there, sometimes twice a day, we had to request that our room be cleaned, otherwise it would not be! The free "wireless" was non-existent. Be warned, the hotel regularly hosts weddings, engagements, etc. Noise lasts from approximately 10 a.m. until midnight. Additionally, our rom on the 5th floor was directle below the hotel restaurant, ensuring noise (scraping tables & chairs, things being dropped) until ~ 3 a.m. I would recommend this hotel only to someone who I do not like.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple