I had to stay in this great hotel as booked through my exhibition agent. The place is great- the location, buildings, surrounding areas, decor etc. are excellent. This place could be an ideal match for someone looking for a perfect retreat from the bustling crowds of city life and want stay in a calm place for meditation/vacation. However, this place may not be the perfect stay for business travelers. While the hotel offer many upscale advantages, but it comes with some associated downstage as well:
1. Location: It is located off the main town and commuting at night would be challenging. All the taxi drivers would refuse to take you to this hotel after say 8/9 pm as the place gets calm and the driver would not get a return passenger. Commuting to the town and business places is costly if you take hotel taxi or even make pre-arranged taxi. You can not just walk out of the hotel and call for a taxi.
2. No ATM. There is no ATM or money exchange at the hotel. So, you will have travel miles to go to nearby spot.
3. Evening Stroll. No way as the place become real dark and scary after sunset.
4. Amenities. Most of the amenities are closed after 7 pm, restaurants closes after 10:30 pm and after that if you want these services, you will have travel 30-40 minutes by taxi to reach nearest place.
5. Taxi time. The narrow road going through milk colony some time remains clogged with traffic and you are unlucky then you are stuck for 30-60 minutes.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Imperial Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.