The Westin Mumbai Garden City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Manali(Mumbai)
2,351 results
All reviewspregoseasonal tastesheavenly bedwestern express highwayfront officeindian restaurantexcellent hotelexcellent staybusiness tripspecial thanksrooms are spaciousmumbai trafficgreat hospitalityenjoyed my staybreakfast spreadspecial mentionhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We only stayed here for 4 nights at the Westin. We just loved it the moment we walked into the foyer. We were greeted with cold juice which we really needed after a long drive on a hot day. We were upgraded to the Executive Floor and had the most wonderful view of the surrounding greenbelt. The advantage of the Executive floor is that you can have drinks and snacks (which is really a meal in the Executive lounge - it was relaxing and the food was ample and delicious. We loved the pool area, it was cool and refreshing and the whirlpool was just the ticket for us. I note people complaining about the breakfast on 18th floor - I have to say that we found the staff to be attentive, although one morning we found we were forgotten a little with the juice, and I put that down to our table being in a corner. The staff remembered what I liked and got onto it as soon as I came in, masala omelette and coffee. The lifts were a bit odd, because a lift would light up or down and then it would be ages before it got there, and one minute it would be going up and then change its mind and go down, then another lift would light up and most of the time you got one eventually. We had dinner in the Italian restaurant and the food was exceptional. Loved the garlic bread. We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the airport so we didn't really have an expectation. The rooms were very spacious and the bed comfortable. I loved the bathroom and the bath was great. Overall we loved the hotel, the check-in and check-out was great and they could not do enough for us. We had a car to the airport which was on time. We were leaving before breakfast and the duty manager organised someone to give us a take-away goodie bag to eat on the way. Thank you to all the staff at the Westin - we would definitely recommend this hotel and come back on our next visit to Mumbai.

Room Tip: Room on one of the high floors with a view over the greenbelt.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pauline C
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and uplift your spirits. I appreciate your comments and take them on board particularly with regard to the service issues you raised.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights. Had requested a hotel airport shuttle, nice car with a very friendly driver. Upon entering the main lobby, you'll be able to have a glass of iced water which is located on the left side, I think was concierge. The staff could speak English decently. I was assigned a deluxe room with a king size bed on the 25th floor. Room was clean and big, nice walk in wardrobe, with a nicely designed bathroom. Bed was very comfy with ample pillows. There was English TV channels, so no worries if you intend to just laze in bed and watch TV. It was my first time staying in such a luxurious room, so I was really impressed!

Breakfast was average. It can get a little boring after having the same breakfast spread for 5 days. The food at the Indian restaurant on the 18 floor was not too bad, especially there's an old Indian man sitting at a corner making bangles. Internet speed was average, nothing to shout about. The only complaint I have would be the lifts. It is notoriously slow!!

Overall, I'll say I'll love to return to this hotel the next time I travel to Mumbai.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dlsmqn

Dear Guest
We are pleased to hear of your experiences from your recent visit with us and delighted you found your stay uplifting. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room. The Heavenly Bed is one of our signature products and it gives you a motionless sleep. We aim to send the guest home feeling better than when they first arrived. Please be assured that the feedback pertaining to the internet connectivity is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. During your next visit please feel free to contact our food and beverage team for any culinary preferences and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements. We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed there for a night. Did not start out right, there was nobody at the airport to pick me up. I just took a cab and headed straight to work instead of going to the hotel to check in. After work arrived at the hotel, The check in was pleasant and efficient. Got a great room on a high floor. The views and the rooms are just spectacular. The check in staff promised to look into why the car was not there at the airport to pick up but there was no follow up with me as to the results of the enquiry. At least they were polite. Food at the restaurant was good but the service was not so great. Had to ask for things a few times before I got anything. The menu took about 15 minutes to arrive. Did not read the reviews so did not try the bar. The night sleep was good. The rooms are just very spacious and very mordern.

The morning elevator nightmare that is there in most reviews is true. It is actually most of the day. They need to do something about them. The morning breakfast was equally good in terms of food and equally unsatisfactory in terms of service. (I was almost done with my breakfast before the tea arrived).

Overall a good hotel, but service at the restaurant definitely needs to be spruced up. I would stay there agian if I had work in that part of town.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room and the wide spread for breakfast at Seasonal Tastes. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our hotel. Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at The Westin Mumbai Garden City!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Go to the bar on the 18th floor and engage in some very good conversation with the lads working the bar, especially the team-leaders. They are knowledgeable, friendly and always with a smile on their face. It means that you don't feel as if you're drinking alone

Room Tip: Join SPG and get an upgrade
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We truly value your feedback and shall surely share your kind words with the entire team. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Recently we were stuck in the suburbs of Mumbai and then we saw this hugh building with Westin written on it...and we decided to stop and go there for lunch. Wow what ambience greeted us as we entered the hotel. We were very politely adviced on the restaurants they had, We chose the 18th floor buffet lunch reataurant. The view was outstanding and the service and food just out of the world. For the price it was worth it. We are already making plans to go again there. superb.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. It was delightful to read that you enjoyed our services and dining experience at our all day dining venue Seasonal Tastes. The guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments.