“Excellent location, Friendly hotel, close to airport and spacious rooms”

The Westin Mumbai Garden City
Ranked #3 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I was here during the Jewelery exhibition on 18th July. The front desk staff named Gita was extremely helpful with the booking. On request for a spacious room with 2 queen size beds at a higher floor, we were immediately attended to our request. Breakfast was delicious. Sirport is just a 25 min. ride. Stay was short but i hope I stay here again in future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the location, comfort of the room as well as the buffet breakfast. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and uplift your spirits. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.
Area General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,237)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel recently.(13 to 19 July 2014).Every staff member is ready to step outside his/her own frames of reference, when it comes to serving the guests. The boundaryless behaviour of the Chef community really impressed me. Every chef can see beyond the perspective gap-they connect with the guests so effortlessly. For e.g. Seasonal Tastes Chef came and interacted with me in KANGAN restaurant. My sincere thanks to Chef Selva and Chef Karthik-South Indian food is so authentic and delicious The In Room Dining staff are very time conscious-they work with clock like precision.Thanks a million to all the staff members for the hospitality offered during the seven day stay.One of the top three hotels in India, i HAD EVER SEEN that offers exceptionally professional service, The hustle and bustle at the hotel has been very enticing and encouraging

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kesava_Mallia
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and uplift your spirits. It was delightful to read that you enjoyed our services and overall dining experience at The Westin Mumbai Garden City. The guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Arrived about 11:30pm and had to wait more than 20mins, which I never experienced in last five years. after check-in had to wait for lift about 5 to 10 minutes as one out of two working lifts are in maintenance. Lift is too small and you will scared if you are alone in lift.

I got the park view room on topmost floor (I guess 32 floor). Room is spacious and bed is starwood hotel standards.

No weighing scale in the room and is available on request (this is not usual in starwood hotels). Amenities in washroom need to be arranged properly and not checked / filled / replaced whenever they cleaned my room.

Breakfast is good, they have different stalls like continental, bakery, Indian with lots of verity, but lacks directions. there is no indication which side is continental, Indian and Bakery items.

I have shared all may experience with duty manager and suggested solutions. hope they will improve someday.

nest time I would think twice before I choose this property.

Room Tip: Try for top floors on park side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Satish M
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the Heavenly® Bed and breakfast buffet at Seasonal Tastes. I am sorry to learn of your concerns during your recent stay and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed. Our team truly prides itself on being able to provide a home away from home to our patrons. It is therefore extremely disappointing to have let you down on this occasion. Please be assured that I have personally shared your feedback with our team so we can work on taking appropriate action to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We truly value your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to host you once again at our hotel and make your experience a rejuvenating one. Please do reach out to me directly prior to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It was splendour ... Spacious Luxuries Rooms, Great Breakfast....if you need to move around the city it is perfect location too.. Try their Italian restaurant pergo...and their staff are fabulous and courteous

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the location, comfort of the room, buffet breakfast as well as and your specific appreciation of our Italian venue Prego. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquillity and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Mumbai. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here because just because it was conveniently located for Nirlon IT Park but for no other reason. Traffic in this city is horrendous so best to stay as close as possible to where you need to be.
The room was good, the bed was very very comfortable, excellent choice of pillows
Eating options are limited, an Italian on the ground floor with good pizzas but forget the pasta, it tastes like rubber seriously. The buffet restaurant on the 18th floor was pretty decent as were the breakfasts, however that's about it. There is a more formal restaurant but I didn't try it.

My one complaint would be the staff could try a lot harder. In the Italian restaurant at lunch time when I first arrived, I noticed what appeared to be the supervisors standing around bored fiddling on their smart phones the entire time. And this was often the case each time I ate there. It sets a poor example to the rest of the staff and really should not do this in front of their customers

Another time at the elevators, I was about to get in but one of the staff members proceeded to enter before me, not very curteous. These ,ay only be small things but they leave big impressions

Would I return? Well but hope the staff are a little more attentive next time

Room Tip: Get a high room as the main North South road through Mumbai goes right by
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hamish F
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. It is a delight to receive your positive review on the overall stay and service experience on room amenities such as iconic Heavenly® Bed and our all day dining venue - Seasonal Tastes. We at The Westin Mumbai Garden City strive to provide an uplifting ‘Home away from home’ experience to our patron, hence in line with our commitment, your feedback on Food quality and personalized service has given us an opportunity to improvise on our delivery standards. Please be assured that our senior leadership team is taking appropriate actions on your comment and will be happy to share the update with you in-person on your next visit to our hotel. It’s my humble request to you, to kindly share your future travel itinerary with us so that my team can personally meet you for the feedback.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I really love the Property and the location , but my main reason to stay at the hotel is i feel at home . They take care of all my requirement from Bed to Pillows , To New Paper , To Room Choice and the best part is they record it , so at my next visit everything is on place before my arrival . Their business lounge is just excellent ppl are too helpful , if they dont have anything , they would be more then delighted to do just for you . 100% mark . AWESOME

Room Tip: View from 30th Floor towards the western highway is too good . I feel like at the top.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AmitPasari
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room, Heavenly Bed as well as our Business Centre facilities. The Heavenly Bed is one of our signature products and it gives you a motionless sleep. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquillity and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Mumbai. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is probably one of the best hotels I have stayed in.. great service, absolutely wonderful rooms and a huge selection of diverse dishes for breakfast.. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, and it was very close to the convention centre and ideally located next to a mall.. It is a bit far from the main attractions in the city, but if you are coming here for business, this is an absolute gem of a hotel..

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Aarij B

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We value your feedback and shall surely share your kind words with the entire team. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services; especially the comfort of the room as well as the buffet breakfast. Our team prides itself on truly value the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.