“See Mumbai from the top”

The Westin Mumbai Garden City
Ranked #3 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 30 August 2014

best hotel experience ever! view mumbai goregaon from top, lovely awesome literally heavenly bed, great luxurious shower bath tub, carpet, central air-conditioning. led television. wifi service. good lighting. smoking/non-smoking. great security. great maintainence staff. very courteous service. swimming pool. everything you could ask for. best hotel experience in mumbai at pretty affordable rates. total value for money. and added value for money. due to top Westin Starwood worldwide standards.

Room Tip: ask for a good view. you get to basically select two sides. one natural beauty of goregaon. second h...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Suneet101
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquillity and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Mumbai. It was delightful to read that you enjoyed our services, Heavenly® Bath, Heavenly® Bed, swimming pool and especially the comfort of the room. The Heavenly® Bed is one of our signature products and it gives you a motionless sleep. The guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Mumbai Garden City

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Terrible. 5 rooms booked, arrived at after 16 hrs of travel at 2am, only 1 room was ready. To be told 1 hour later they could only arrange 3 out of the 5 rooms we booked, 2 of our business party had to share 1 room, the other 2 guests had to share a suite with a camp bed in the living room. Not what you would expect from the SPG, I'm returning on the 30.08.2014, I hope to have a better experience.

Dear Guest,
At the outset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced by you during the recent stay. Our team truly prides itself on being able to provide a home away from home to our patrons. It is therefore to our endeavour to understand the cause of service inconvenience and rectify it to avoid such situation in future. Please be assured that I have personally shared your feedback with our team and appropriate actions are taken to avoid the repetition of same. It is our utmost focus to provide our valued, discerning guests such as you a flawless and impeccable experience and we will ensure that you have a wonderful experience on your next stay. Please let us know if there are any other special requirements that we can assist in our best capacity.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed at Westin Garden City for 1 night for business. My welcome/check in was run nice and smoothly and staff were extremely friendly. When I reached my room I was amazed at the presentation, furniture, bathroom etc everything in my room was perfect!!! Now for the two downsides...the first was the smell of 'food' on my floor/room. The buffet restaurant is located on the 18th floor and I was located on the 23rd...perhaps a little too close as the food fumes actually reached my floor. I needed to use a spray to cover up the smell. The second downside was when I requested a taxi to go to my meeting not too far away and we were told it was best to call a 'local taxi'. We agreed but it turns out we had to negotiate and hassle the driver for a decent price which was what I wanted to avoid hence why I wanted a fixed rate from the hotel taxi. When we told our business partner what we paid he was shocked as we paid 6 times more than the average price - without receiving good service either. Apart from those two downsides I would definitely return to Westin for the hotel it self which was fabulous - just request a floor that's not too close to the 18th!!!

Room Tip: Request a floor well above from the 18th floor
1  Thank EmiFoppo
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility, the comfort of the room and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our hotel. Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. While it is our utmost focus to provide our valued, discerning guests such as you a flawless and impeccable experience, your experience has certainly been an aberration, not reflective of the hotel's service levels. It is our earnest endeavour to ensure that you have a wonderful experience on your return in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect business hotel and a place of calm in the hectic pulse of Mumbai. Wonderful service, great restaurants, lovely rooms and a pool. The only thing I would change would be to have more "cafe" space for meetings. Special thanks to macrena furtardo - it's the service and smile that makes the difference when you're away.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank em-stu

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room, swimming pool as well as the overall dining experiences. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquillity and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Mumbai. We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Little disappointing experience, upon my arrival the hotel staff at the reception broke my bank card into two. Now that caused a hell of an issue, I generally carry more than one bank card but since this was a domestic and short travel I happened to do only one (my bad luck). Human error - I can understand but I realized that it called for an unwanted stress for me during my 5 days stay in Mumbai. So would want to voice this, so the concerned authorities can have caution while handling bank cards.......

1  Thank Kaleemsid

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience encountered by you during arrival. Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken to avoid similar situations in future. While it is our utmost focus to provide our valued, discerning guests such as you a flawless and impeccable experience, your experience has certainly been an aberration, not reflective of the hotel's service levels. I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at The Westin Mumbai Garden City

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights on a recent business trip. The staff were helpful and always willing to go the extra mile for their guests. The rooms were spacious and welcoming. Oberoi mall was right next to the hotel - this was an added advantage. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you have business around goreagaon. I had only two gripes, the elevators are too few for the number of guests, and the Wifi is chargeable, even though this is a business hotel.

Room Tip: Chose rooms on the higher floor with the views of Goregaon/Filmcity
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. It was delightful to read that you enjoyed our facility and services especially the comfort of the room. Our internet pricing is competitively priced and is in line with other five star hotels. Alternatively, we would like to bring to your attention the availability of the Premium Room Category which offers our guests the option of internet and two pieces of laundry as part of the room package. We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Team Westin looks forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport and right next to Oberoi mall. The staff was very courteous, polite and helpful. The room was very spacious with nice view of Mumbai. The breakfast buffet was filled with Western,Chinese,Japanese and local food. All juices are made fresh right in front of you. Airport pick up is available upon request for about $20/one way. Our flight was delayed and driver was waiting outside for our arrival. only thing which bothered me was that you have to pay for WiFi even in the common lobby area.

Room Tip: Get a room about floor 20 to get a nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
TheWestinMumbai, General Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room, view as well as the buffet breakfast at Seasonal Tastes. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and uplift your spirits. We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.