“Pleasant transit stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Mumbai International Airport

Courtyard Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #17 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Dublin, Ireland
“Pleasant transit stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

This being my first time to India, it was certainly a pleasant one. Upon arrival, I was surprised that the hotel security was stricter than an airport's (to which they explained it was due to a past bombing incident in another hotel).However, I must say that the staff of this hotel displayed excellent hospitality. Everyone, from the security personnel to the concierge staff were very welcoming and friendly. Special efforts were taken to make me feel welcomed and they persistently refused to let me do anything myself like opening doors, pressing lifts or even holding my handbag!
Was quite pleased with the room as it was adequately comfortable and spacious, however the view from the room was not particularly pleasant but that did not bother me at all. I had free internet access with good speed in my room thanks to my Marriott Rewards membership. The hotel was nicely decorated with a grand lobby. There was a wedding event hosted in the courtyard that evening, and it was really beautifully decorated. The hotel was quite near to the airport, but the area where it was situated seemed a little dodgy and messy, thus preventing me from venturing out of the hotel to explore the area .

As I was feeling a little tired and preferred to have my dinner in my room, I ordered room service but there was a mix up regarding my order and I felt rather disappointed that I was not able to get the meal that I asked for. And once again, the hotel staff displayed superb hospitality by rectifying my meal order, throwing in a couple of complimentary dishes like soup and dinner rolls in case I was hungry while waiting for my correct order. In fact, the manager himself delivered my meal to my room himself, and made sure that I was perfectly happy before declaring that the entire meal was FOC.
Breakfast buffet spread was good and reasonably priced, and somehow the waiters kept bringing different dishes over to my table to recommend to me to try. Tasted not bad at all.

Overall, a really pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a quick transit or a business trip.

Only downside is the airport-hotel transfer. I took an airport taxi to get to the hotel and was charged 200 rupees (USD 3) but my transfer from the hotel to the airport via the hotel limo cost 27USD (1500 rupees). Was a little surprising for me as other airport hotels that I've stayed in provided their own shuttle transfer to/from the airport. Would give a perfect score for this hotel if it were to provide free shuttle transfer to/from the airport.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing away from slum area.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a pleasant review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. The team is thrilled to note that you liked their services. I have shared your feedback with the relevant team and assure you of a better experience on your next visit. We look forward to serve you again!

Namit Vijh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
Bhopal, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed in the hotel for two nights along with friends, the not so good experiences started from the time I entered the Hotel...

At the entry gate I was asked to wait as the checking counter was busy, although I could see one of the associates was free at the desk, Than the counter got completely empty of any guest and still the lady who made me wait did not bother to ask me to come and check-in, I myself walked over and felt very unwelcome, at the desk as the person had a very straight face without any hint of smile or a welcoming attitude, They had a jug of welcome drink on the check-in counter which was not even offered to us, I think it was just kept as a show-piece or something...

The Room was good, but the view was bad, with slums and construction sites around the place. As we reached the hotel around 3pm after a long drive, we ordered food in the roome it self and retired for a nap. WHile leaving in the evening around 5:30pm, we left the card to clear the room, but to our utter surprise when we got back after midnight the room was in the same shape as we left with the food plates inside and everything. To top it the excuse that no one noticed the "clean my room" tag is impossible as when we returned we saw a note against the door, about a party being held and the hotel is sorry for loud music which would be on till midnight.

Thn came the "At your Service" desk, I was having a severe backache, and called to ask if a pain relief spray can be arranged, the person at the other end directly said would you like to purchase one, this came as pretty unwelcoming again, but I said ok. but even after waiting for an hour I never got the spray or any call as was promised by the person.

The sleep quality is also not great and one of the pillow covers had black spots on it as if not washed properly, but as it was already 2:00am and I was in pain(as mentioned above) I thought of discarding the particular pillow and retire for a sleep.

I have stayed in Marriott and Courtyard by Marriott before and thus selected the same based on my previous experiences only. But was very highly disappointed by what I got in the whole deal and would suggest you to refrain from the property if possible.

This is one of the few occasions when I am out-rightly striking of a Hotel from my list

Room Tip: No idea, but ask for a room without the view of slums if possible
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for considering Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport for your stay in Mumbai. We appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel. I have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time. Please do not allow this experience to otherwise mar the favorable impression of the hotel. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again. Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you require any assistance from me.

Gautam Bhandari
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night and overall it was a nice experience. We had been there to see off my brother in law. The hotel reception staff was nice and considerate enough to accommodate all of us. The staff in general was very polite and helpful.

The valet and concierge services were really nice and helpful. The Hotel is not very from the airport and thus was convenient.

The room was nice, clean and spacious. The bathroom was also decent and shower was really very nice.

The cons were minor and easily ignore able. The room service was a bit slow. The room didnt have basic things like shaving kit, dental kits etc. which would have been nice to have.

All in all, a pleasant experience and definitely recommendable to anyone looking for a place near the airport.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank for taking time out to write a pleasant review about our hotel on Trip advisor. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The Valet and Concierge teams are thrilled to note that you liked their services . I have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time. We look forward to serve you again! We wish you a happy and refreshing 2013!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

Great hotel with excellent ambiance. Restaurant was very good. Only two problems - one in hotel control. The location of and approach to the hotel are a little dicey but once you get inside the hotel you do not remember the outside. I really appreciate the detail to security. With respect to service excellent until the time I had to get someone from the concierge to get bags from my room. I had to call three times over 30 minutes and then physically go up to them to remind - they had forgotten. But all in all an excellent experience and I wi definitely stay there again if I get a chance.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank for writing a wonderful review about our hotel on Trip advisor. I am glad to note that you liked the ambience of our hotel. Your appreciation for the hotel security has strongly motivated the Loss Prevention Team. I have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time. We look forward to serve you again!

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

The Courtyard Marriott Mumbai is a great place to stay for business travelers. The rooms are large and comfortable. In room dining is great. The breakfast spread is great and the newly introduced Thai menu is worth a try.

But what sets this hotel apart from a lot of others is the very helpful staff and amazing customer service that flows right from the front desk all the way to each and every department of the hotel that you will ever interact with.

Room Tip: I always prefer the rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank for taking time out to write a pleasant review about our hotel on Trip advisor. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. The team is strongly motivated by your comments. We look forward to serve you better! Have a refreshing 2013!

Lone Tree, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

Checking in after getting off a grueling 16 hour flight from New York, I had to make sure that I was not hallucinating. Given the US Courtyard brand experience i have been conditioned for years, it is extremely difficult to shake off pre-concieved notions. This is not your basic Courtyard hotel. This is a full service property that beats any experience I have ever had in any of the US Marriott hotels (JWs included) hands down. Arriving late in the evening, I arranged for airport pick-up. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was escorted up to my suite (an upgrade) where check-in formalities were completed. I have never experienced this courtesy as a Marriott Rewards gold member in any of Marriott properties in the US.

Busy in to the night, the hotel's full service restaurant and bar have great vegetarian and non-vegetarian selections. Entrees and appetizersrange from Asian to Western selections. Breakfast buffet is likewise a rich spread of continental, American and Asian fare.

Hotel front office staff were very professional, personable, spoke flawless English and were very helpful when requested for information. If my trip to Mumbai calls for me to be in the vicinity of the Mumbai airport (BOM), I will not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AlinDenver
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the amazing review. Your review has indeed refreshed our day. The team is thrilled to know that you liked the hotel. Your appreciation has strongly motivated the front office team. We look forward to serve you again!

Gautam Bhandari
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

After a domestic flight in to Mumbai and with the prospect of an early international flight the next day, I made the decision to stay at the airport Marriott hotel. They sent a car to collect me from the airport and the arrival went smoothly. Then the over zealous security team took over. Firstly, they X-ray all of your bags....ok no problem I guess. Then there is a personal 'pat down'.... Hmmm starting to get uncomfortable. Then I was escorted to the check in desk where I began the registration formalities. Whereupon a rather gruff security person demanded that I open my suitcase in the hotel lobby so that he could search it! At this point I objected and pointed out that I had not flown in from Pakstan (the alleged source of the security threat) nor did I have any immigration stamps in my passport from Pakistan (which he was holding and could verify). I also pointed out that I had just got off a flight and that the security seals on my baggage were in tact.... Meaning.... It's been screened by people with arguably better equipment and training and they didn't have an issue with my bag. Finally, I pointed out that I was a corporate traveller from a large company and that my booking had been made by the corporate travel agent. He was in possession of my business card which they requested at check in. The response was a flat "no", a repeated demand to search my bags or I would not be permitted a room.

I called the hailed a taxi to the Hilton at the airport.... Also an American owned hotel... Operating under the same security conditions. The check in was wonderful, as was the room. And the staff? They clearly exhibit common sense and do not apply the same ridiculous security procedures to all guests. This was total overkill and a complete failure to use a risk based approach to security management. Such an approach makes actually makes the hotel less safe because time is wasted needlessly harassing genuine hotel guests instead of being focused on the actual threat.

I realise that there is a balance to be struck between customer service and security. But these guys have gone way over the top and it is an awful experience to have to suffer. Especially late at night!

If you want a nice, clean secure hotel at Mumbai Airport.... Stay at the Hilton!

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business