“Disapointed”

Courtyard Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #13 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Lask, Poland
“Disapointed”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was totally surprised that such well recognized brand as Marriott can be a source of my disappointment. I have booked rooms on the company rates which include pick up service from the air port, however hotel reception service has added to the bill 3000INR as accommodation supplement for transport from the air port and back to air port. Additionally I was rated higher then rate confirmed 3 weeks before. I was so tired after long journey, so I didn't catch this during payment. Fortunately week later I was visiting this hotel once again so I did a note to make correction on the invoice, no action done :( Additionally I'm not sure how it works but it took me a long while to explain that Information Invoice is not valid for me from tax point of view and I need them to issue TAX invoice not Information one...
I will contact my company to remove this network from the recommended list, since they are making such dirty play

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Kamil P
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 12 July 2014

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am disappointed to know of the occurrence of such an incident. Your feedback has been discussed with the team. I will also like to inform you that the money will be reimbursed to you and my Front Office Team will get in touch with you for the same within the week.

We do hope that you consider this incident as an aberration from our usual standards and give us an opportunity to serve you again.

Please feel free to contact me on your next visit. It will be my pleasure to look after all the aspects of your stay.

The entire team looks forward to serve you in the future!

General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Meitar, Israel
Reviewed 8 July 2014

the hotel is located near the airport. ask for complimentry shuttle. service is more than perfect. big rooms. shiny and clean. The Cafe bar incl. breakfast are perfect. the service from staff is also very good.
The only problem is No swimming pool and No Gym at the moment they are under construction.
Only good things to say!

Room Tip: ask for comlimentry Wi Fi other wise very expensive.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport.

The team is thrilled to read your appreciation for our services and amenities. Our hotel is indeed located close to both the airport terminal and is thus preferred by many travelers. I am happy to read your recommendation for our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you once again for taking time out to write a pleasant feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to serve you again!

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Spacious rooms, nice gallery, Best Complimentary Breakfast, Awesome Dinner options, free wifi with extraordinary speeds- What else you ask for

The staff is well behaved- greet you everytime they see you- Make you feel you are a "Prince on some Holiday to town"

A must visit and stay if you are in Mumbai

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for considering our hotel for your stay in Mumbai. It brings us immense pleasure to know about your experience.

Your comments about our hotel, the staff, service, rooms, WIFI and excellent complimentary breakfast have strongly motivated the team. Your appreciation for the team will encourage them to scale greater heights of excellence.

Thank you once for sharing your feedback.

We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I Booked two rooms at Courtyard Marriott Mumbai near international airport thinking it would be easier to catch our flight to London and paid 15 grands for some quality experience but it was completely disappointing, toilets were poorly maintained, basic things like shower cap and toiletries were missing and had to be ordered separately, the food served was good but we had to pay 1500 per person for lunch and breakfast compare to local restaurants with better options available for one tenth of the price. Most ridiculous was the drop services which they charge a house, 1700 rupees for a taxi going to international airport which is literally backyard from the hotel. We had a very bad experience and paid almost 50 grands from our nose for one bad decision of staying at Marriott. We will never come back or recommend a friends. Total rip off and complete sham

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ajay1285
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

I am disappointed to know that some of yourexpectations with regards to the room were not me. Your feedback regarding the airport transfers and bathroom has been discussed with the revelent team. We assure you that we will have a through review of pricing.

The entire team looks forward to serve you in the future!

Pune, India
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for over 300 nights during last year and current year till date. The number should speak for itself about my liking for the hotel.

The best thing about this place? Undoubtedly, the service across all departments of the hotel, without exception. I was treated like royalty by the staff at the reception, housekeeping, lounge and, most importantly, the restaurant. They go all out to make a guest feel special. Wish to particularly call out the consistently excellent service provided by Ms. Brenda, who is the Front Desk Manager.

Another noteworthy point about this hotel is the food at the MoMo Cafe. The breakfast buffet is simply incredible in terms of variety. Another very unique feature of this cafe is that they have a chaat counter, which serves freshly prepared chaats as part of the dinner buffet. Imagine eating unlimited paani puris, which are totally safe and awesome in taste. The dinner buffet is also very lavish, especially the desserts. If you order a la carte, the chefs will prepare the items according to your taste. All the chefs at this restaurant, especially Chief Chef Suresh, Chefs Vivek (my most favourite chef), Ankit and Harmeet are not only excellent in their art, but also very good at understanding what the customer really wants.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are comfortable, the wfifi works extremely well, the toiletries are of reasonable quality and the shower has adequate force. Due to my sensitivity ears, they always ensured that I got a room which was in a relatively quieter part of the hotel.

The gym is reasonably well equipped, but you might have to wait to get a treadmill during morning time as there are only 5 of them.

The hotel has an ATM machine in the premises.

The hotel is quite close to the Western Express Highway. This makes it very convenient for travel to any suburb, on the Eastern side.

Some ‘flies in the ointment’. The hotel hosts wedding and other parties in the evening regularly. The music plays on till about 11 pm, which can be a bother if you have sensitive ears like me and/or your room is not in the quieter section of the hotel. The traffic jams immediately outside the hotel can be unpredictable after 7 pm. However, with the Metro having started and some nearby flyovers being opened up, I think this problem is now not as severe. The lounge timings for drinks are very decent, 5.30 pm to 9.30 pm. However, snacks are served only from 5.30 to 7.30, and absolutely nothing complimentary is available to be had with drinks after 7.30 pm. The hotel has another restaurant which serves Oriental cuisine. This restaurant pales in comparison to the MoMo café with respect to authenticity and taste. The a la carte variety in the MoMo café is a bit disappointing. Some business channels on the TV would disappear periodically.

The above are all very minor issues considering the huge positives which the hotel has to offer. This hotel was truly like my second home and I have only very fond memories of this place for all the 300+ nights spent there. This hotel, without a doubt, gets the maximum rating from me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sunil021966

Greetings from Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It brings us immense pleasure to know that you had over 300 wonderful days at the hotel.

In our constant strive for excellence; reviews like yours keep us motivated. Your excellent feedback about our staff and service is greatly appreciated.

While I am happy to read about all your positive experiences, I am disappointed to note that some of your expectations were not met. I would like to inform you that your feedback regarding the food at Red Zen, the a la carte menu at MoMo Café and the TV channels has been discussed with the relevant teams and I assure you that corrective measures will be implemented in the near future.

Thank you once again for sharing a pleasant feedback on TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you stay with us in the not so distant future.

We look forward to serve you again and again!

New York
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard twice during my trip to Hyderabad - both on my inbound and outbound flights. I had an 8 hour layover on the inbound leg and a 9 hour layover on the outbound leg. The hotel is conveniently close to the hotel (about 15 minutes once you get in the cab) even in the crazy traffic of Mumbai.

The hotel itself is what you would expect of a Marriott, and this Courtyard is actually nicer than most Courtyards in the US. For a layover all I wanted to do was shower and sleep. The beds and pillows were comfortable and plush. The all-glass shower stall was kind of odd, but the rainfall shower head (in addition to a normal showerhead) was a nice touch. The electric outlets took all kinds of adapters - US, UK, Europe - which was convenient. The hotel provided plenty of bottled water in the room - at least 4 bottles, maybe 6.

Mumbai is very humid and even though the AC runs 24/7 there was a hint of must and dampness in the hallways and even the room. It wasn't unbearable, but I have a touch of allergies and am sensitive to musty smells. It is just a reality of life in India, so I can't really fault the hotel for it. But it is there.

The restaurant in the hotel had a buffet as well as a menu. I had dinner on one of my stays, and the buffet was varied (Indian veg, non-veg, Western fare) and decent.

The hotel provides cabs to and from the airport. It was 1500 rupees (about $15). You need to arrange pick up with the hotel prior to your arrival.

My only complaint is that there was construction going on the outside of the hotel. I was on the 7th or 8th floor and there were workers outside my room (literally) making a lot of noise. I arrived around 5 pm and they worked until about 7:30 pm. Fortunately I was not trying to sleep yet, so it was not that bothersome, but it would have been an issue had I wanted to be sleeping.

All in all it is a very good place to stay for layovers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 3 July 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport on both occassions.

I am disappointed to know that some of your expectations with regards to the rooms were not met. I have discussed your feedback with the team to ensure a better experience on your next visit. Please consider this incident as an aberration from our usual standards.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay than the Marriott in Andheri.

As it usually is check in was done in minutes. Free wifi and upgrade to the executive floor. The staff have a smile on their face and nothing is too much.

I had a guest with me for a couple of hours and she was hanging out with me until her flight and even though she wasn't staying with me they got her fresh towels and toiletries to freshen up.

Yogesh at the concierge's desk was a pleasure to deal with. I had to send him down three times with my bags to weigh them and he did it without any complaints.

Would definitely come here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for taking time out to write a detailed and amazing review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are truly delighted to read your detailed feedback.

The title of the review itself has brought a smile on each one of us. Your words of praise for our services, offerings and especially Yogesh has encouraged us to scale greater heights of excellence.

We would like to assure a wonderful experience on all your visits. The entire team at Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai international Airport looks forward to serve you again and again!