“Average Hotel with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Caliph

The Caliph
Ranked #367 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
delhi
“Average Hotel with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Metro Residency is good in terms of food, on service point they need to improve a lot. Timing of breakfast can be issue with people who want to reach office in morning. The location and connecting to western expressway is good for metro residency. I will still check-in again in Metro residency,

Room Tip: Take corner rooms those will be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
GMCALIPH, General Manager at The Caliph, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenienced caused to you to during your stay at Hotel Metro Residency in terms of the breakfast & service. I assure you that suitable corrective measures have been initiated with immediate effect

Domnique

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

I wanted hot water but there was none. I was told that it comes only 7AM-10AM, but no hot water was available at that time too.
The room's walls had paint blistering due to some dampness in them.
I was given morning newspaper and wake-up call.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenienced caused to you to during your stay at Hotel Bawa Continental in terms of Hot Water issue I assure you that suitable corrective measures have been initiated with immediate effect to rectify it. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity and return to the hotel. In case you would be visiting the hotel at any given occasion please do let me know as I would personally take care of your stay and the arrangements.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I was there for less than 12 hours. Here is a list of the defaults:
1. Driver was not waiting outside airport door. It took 12 minutes to find him.
2. There was no towel in the room.
3. There was no Ethernet cable in room. When I called, they promised to send one. It never came.
4. The temperature was too cold. When I called about adjusting it, they promised to send someone. No one came.
5. When I called back about the temperature, they promised to send someone. He finally came. The hotel said the “A/C is direct” and due to “technical problems” they could not give me a remote control until the morning.
6. I said they should not leave me in a cold room, so they moved me to another room. There were no towels in that room either.
7. Instead of a set of towels, they gave me one, rough, scratchy bath towel.
8. There was some electrical fault every 15-20 minutes that caused a buzzer to sound. The sound wasn’t very loud, and it lasted only half a second, and it was past 2 am, so I decided not to call about it.
9. The breakfast selection was pitifully small.
10. The pancakes and poha were cold.
11. The omelet was prepared incorrectly. The cheese was not melted.
12. The water glass was dirty.
13. The tea didn’t come until after I had finished eating the omelet.
You can see why I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank David W
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Metro Residency ( The caliph )

Thank You for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your visit. we have already taken corrective action on all issues you mentioned

We request you to give the management a chance to serve you again in the future.

Looking forward to your visit at Hotel Metro Residency ( The Caliph )

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2013

I had placed clients of my company in this hotel on two occasions, in Nov 2012 and Jan 2013, for a combined stay of about two months. This review is based on issues faced both times -

1) The manager is very unprofessional in his communication, often interrupts you in a conversation, and sometimes calls 6 or 7 times a day. If I don't answer my phone, isn't it obvious I'm unavailable - does it help to call me from three different numbers a total of 7 times in the day?
2) I was harassed about making a payment even before the guest had checked out.
3) Hot water isn't easily available.
4) Rooms don't have basic amenities like mini fridges, liquid soap in the washroom, etc.
5) The first time I booked a room, construction going on in the hotel was very noisy and disturbing. Before booking the second visit, I made it a point to verify there would be no construction - they assured me there wouldn't be, but sure enough - construction started a couple of weeks after my client moved in. This was extremely annoying.
6) The hotel doesn't have a bar. If you make your own "arrangements" for alcohol, they don't have ice to give up.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Shishir K
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I apologize for issues happened in our Hotel while your guest stayed . I assure you that suitable corrective measures have been initiated with immediate effect to rectify it. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity and return to the hotel. In case you would be visiting the hotel at any given occasion please do let me know as I would personally take care of your stay and the arrangements.

At the same time, I would also like to thank you for appreciating the overall hotel services including the location.

Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

For the money paid the Hotel offers a satisfactory stay but needs some renovation in controlling outside noise and noise from a/c compressors.
Breakfast is Indian style, but of good quality and the service superb. Rooms are clean and comfortable, a bit simple, but this is what you are paying for.Bedsheets and towels clean, smelled nice.
Location is fine, near police station and opposite the Mumbai lake and a few minutes with jicksaw from IIT.
The personnel is superb, giving the impression of a five star hotel-very polite, kind, courteous, and considerate making you feel safe and comfortable. Daily newspaper outside your room every morning.

Room Tip: Select a room at the back of the hotel, higher floor, and ask to be away from a/c compressors. RM 60...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicholas K
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Metro Residency ( The Caliph )

Thank You for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad you enjoyed the services of the hotel, and apologize for the inconvenience caused due to noise issues

We look forward to have you with us in the future,

Thanking You.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Very clean, good location, great food.
But the best part is the hospitality. Staff is very helpful and warm.
My stay here couldn't have gotten any better for even twice the price. Believe me, I checked.
I had booked with Uday Desai and Mazumdar who had selected the menu for me.
Both were out there when I checked in with a good number of guests.
I was then received by Prashant and Aakash who did everything they could to make everyone's stay there as comfortable and lovely as possible.
There were quite a few issues that happened from our guests side but these guys handled those with warmth and hospitality. A very special thanks to the entire team at Metro.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the lake.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mukkish
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Metro Residency ( The Caliph)

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to note that you were impressed by the overall ambiance, services & location of the hotel, it is indeed very motivating and encouraging.

It would certainly be our pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was recommended this hotel by a friend for its unique location near Hiranandani & Powai & it suited me fine. The hotel enterance is towards the back side of the road, a bit strange though however the rooms are very comfortable. I was staying in the suite & it was very clean & comfortable. This is primarily a budget hotel & one should not have expectation of a 5 star resort, according to its rating of a 3 star hotel, the service is pretty good.
Pakhtoon, the restaurant has good food & service. One should stay in this hotel if one wants to be near Hiranandani & Seepz.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and positive comments about Hotel Metro Residency ( The caliph )

It would certainly be our pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,