“Didn't stay there but wish I had”

Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay)
Ranked #35 of 458 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The reviews and the website of the hotel had me hooked and I almost booked myself there for a short stay, but it was location, which wasn't suitable to me and hence I booked elsewhere. My loss.
But I was intrigued to go see this place while I was in Mumbai, and I decided to go there for lunch.

That place exudes class, warmth, and comfort
and they don't want to steal all your money to give you that!

From the time you drove your car up to the gate and the way the smiley good looking valet took your car away
you knew you were at a good place

as we entered we were greeted with such a warm "hello' that you almost felt you were visiting long lost relatives!
Seriously, am not kidding

We were shown around the place immediately, the options for food and seating......so you could make a decision where you wanted to sit
and once you sat
they immediately offered you a drink...part of the lunch deal, but the way they put it across is as if its a welcome drink, which makes you feel so much better

the service was outstanding
once you were settled in, it was discreet but still personalised...without being intrusive

they helped you make little decisions
snacks
drinks
food
in a beautiful manner
the manager explaining what all is on offer
the steward making suggestions
the chef coming up and recommending his meal

wow
never felt so pampered

the food was great
the toilet was great

the people were great
the customers were great

and the rates were so totally affordable and down to earth

This ladies and gentlemen
is the place to go always and everytime you are in mumbai
and next time am checking in too!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
ZeshZed, General Manager at Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay), responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Svenska on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

The entire team is delighted to note that you have had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed everything about Svenska.

We are pleased to share that Svenska Mumbai has received the “TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence” this accolade, which honours hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. Approximately 10 % of accommodations listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed first time in Svenska Hotel, Mumbai during 10th May 2012 - 11th May 2012. I stayed in many top hotels in Mumbai, like Holiday Inn, Leela. But I rate Svenska as the best hotel with excellent un-believable service. Very clean room with clean toilet and plenty of clean towels, linens.
Everyone of the staff is well behaved and very courteous. Rupa Aggarwal the GM took personal care to ensure the guest is well taken care off.
Hats off to the Svenska team!!!
I decided to continue staying Svenska Mumbai and I will put all my guests in their Bangalore branch also.
Rajendran
Bangalore

Room Tip: I stayed in 504, it is excellent
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review through TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to know that your experience at Svenska, Mumbai has exceeded your expectations in every way.

At Svenska, we take great pride in the services we offer and your recognition motivates us to strive harder for excellence.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

If you are on a visit to Mumbai and need to traverse say between Khar & Malad (west) then this is the hotel to stay.

With local shopping, diners, theatres, beach, pubs its great location to stay and if you are on business then too its great.

The rooms are nice, clean, no nonsense and with good gizmos.

The bath is clean and modern & hip.

You must stay here once if not always!

Room Tip: They also have a gym (affiliation) and they drive you down to it, so even with the space crunch on t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
ZeshZed, Owner at Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay), responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments through TripAdvisor.

All of us are thrilled to know that you have had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed the overall ambience of the hotel and especially the design of the room.

Your appreciative comments for our team members motivates us in delivering excellent service. Do let me know when you plan to travel next, as I will be pleased to look after every aspect of your stay personally.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

recently stayed at this hotel on connecting through mumbai for one night. For the price its excellent value with attentive staff, a warm welcome, exceptionally clean and very comfortable. Will be returning.The butler service was very welcome helping me gain access to the wifi service. The roof top restaurant has great views and real indian food.I didn't eat at the hotels spanish restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank VJ S

Dear VJS,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Svenska, Mumbai.

I am happy to note that you left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services and enjoyed your dining experience at the Kabab restaurant- Soul.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and next time when you come you have to try our Spanish/Mediterranean Restaurant which has been the Winner of the Best Mediterranean Restaurant Award from the Times Food Guide 2012,

Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a beautiful boutique hotel and I was very happy with my stay. I stayed in Svenska for nearly 12 days on a business trip. They provide you with a car to go to their affiliated gym called "Fitness First" and it's an excellent gym. The Butler and laundry service is excellent. All of the staff members are very friendly and efficient. I loved their breakfast! I definitely plan to stay here again...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rinil R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review through TripAdvisor.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have travelled extensively and stayed at many great hotels but this rates with the best. Spacious room, clean, attractive,functional and nothing is too much bother for the willing and attentive staff. The food in all the restaurants is fresh, tasty and of the highest quality with an extensive menu to suit all tastes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who truly wants a cosmopolitan, Mumbai experience.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank judydoubas

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the dining experience at our restaurants

We look forward to your return visit so you may have the opportunity to experience our other Food and Beverage venues like Soul,Miro & Miro Lounge.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 26 March 2012

The hotel is clean, the staff is smiley and friendly. I have been to Mumbai many times. When I stayed in this new hotel i was impressed with their perfect breakfast and neat and tidy rooms
with a big size TV screen and fast speed internet and efficient room service. The hotel have all modern look and facilities.The big windows of hotel gives you a mass look on the road and as well huge sun light. The in-room daily deserts, when you come in your room after dinner was a perfect gift after coming from a lengthy business meeting. I will recommend this hotel to every business traveler, if they want full attention of all the staff members as well as cleaning of rooms are concerned.

Room Tip: rooms on back of the hotel are quiter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mahmoodshafi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your views through TripAdvisor.

The entire team is delighted to note that you have had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the views from our windows and had a great time with us.

We are pleased to share that Svenska, Mumbai has received the “TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence” this accolade, which honours hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. Approximately 10 % of accommodations listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

raggarwal@svenskahotels