“delightful stay in a great boutique hotel”

Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay)
Ranked #31 of 448 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Athens, Greece
“delightful stay in a great boutique hotel”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

although the location of the hotel is a bit remote, the taxis are not expensive, and i suggest you don't discard this hotel from your shortlist. we were a bit concerned about spending extra time for the rides across the city, but in the end of the day this hotel turned to be by far the best stay during our one month long business trip around india.

there is a number of shopping malls nearby if you feel like walking. as for dining, we had all of our meals in the hotel's restaurants, and the food was just perfect. we were actually curious to try all the menu items and find out if all the listed dishes were equally good. it turned to have no drawbacks.

the room was just huge, with a generously sized bathroom. all very clean and well-maintained. the hotel is relatively new, and i really hope they will keep their high standard by the time we go to the next scheduled trip to mumbai.

we had a small incident with our bank card during the check out, as it turned to be not accepted by the payment terminal, and we were told it might be due to a problem with internet connection with the bank, however it was a bit uncomfortable to be looking for alternative solutions short time before the flight. i hope this will be fixed, as many travelers prefer not to be carrying amounts in cash, especially if the trip included other countries and currencies.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank nikie11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 June 2012

i chose this hotel last week during my trip to mumbai since this was a stone's throw away from office. Check in was bumpy as the amex machine at the hotel didn't read my card...but beyo nd that a spacious airy room awaited. Functional decor, lots of space & pretty good food. Had a hard time one evening when the airconditioner did not function for almost 2 hours; expected some sort of a goodwill gesture from the hotel, but there wasn't to be one.
Bottom line: nice place if you want proximity to your office - however, way highly priced

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Rupa A, General Manager at Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay), responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Svenska on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I was delighted to read that you found our room to be spacious and airy and also you loved our decor and food at Svenska. However, I was sorry to learn that you had challanges with our credit card machine.I have personally checked back on this and there was a slight problems with our connection which connects our bank with the machine. Here at Svenska, our aim is to provide a personalised service to all our guests. I do hope that the above did not detract too much from an otherwise enjoyable short stay with us.

I was very concerned to read that your AC was not working in your room and you did not get any feedback from my team.I have personally conveyed your disappointment to my team. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Svenska and please get in touch with me and i will ensure you have a great time with us.Once againhank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Yours's Sincerely
Mumbai
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I recently had a party at Svenska and the place just amazed me.I had a huge task to get work party organised but from the time i stepped in i knew i am just at the right place.The team exactly knows what service is and how to make an impression on the guests.I told them my requirements and they just did everything for me i just had to sit back and relax.

I cannot praise them enough for organising such a wonderful evening for us the music,food and atmosphere was such that we never wanted to end it

I just want to say you guys are doing a great job and thanks to everyone who made our evening so beautiful i am alraedy a fan of svenska and so is my office and we all know where our next party would be.

2 Thank Vikash0109
india
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The reviews and the website of the hotel had me hooked and I almost booked myself there for a short stay, but it was location, which wasn't suitable to me and hence I booked elsewhere. My loss.
But I was intrigued to go see this place while I was in Mumbai, and I decided to go there for lunch.

That place exudes class, warmth, and comfort
and they don't want to steal all your money to give you that!

From the time you drove your car up to the gate and the way the smiley good looking valet took your car away
you knew you were at a good place

as we entered we were greeted with such a warm "hello' that you almost felt you were visiting long lost relatives!
Seriously, am not kidding

We were shown around the place immediately, the options for food and seating......so you could make a decision where you wanted to sit
and once you sat
they immediately offered you a drink...part of the lunch deal, but the way they put it across is as if its a welcome drink, which makes you feel so much better

the service was outstanding
once you were settled in, it was discreet but still personalised...without being intrusive

they helped you make little decisions
snacks
drinks
food
in a beautiful manner
the manager explaining what all is on offer
the steward making suggestions
the chef coming up and recommending his meal

wow
never felt so pampered

the food was great
the toilet was great

the people were great
the customers were great

and the rates were so totally affordable and down to earth

This ladies and gentlemen
is the place to go always and everytime you are in mumbai
and next time am checking in too!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
ZeshZed, General Manager at Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay), responded to this review, 31 May 2012

The entire team is delighted to note that you have had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed everything about Svenska.

We are pleased to share that Svenska Mumbai has received the “TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence” this accolade, which honours hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. Approximately 10 % of accommodations listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed first time in Svenska Hotel, Mumbai during 10th May 2012 - 11th May 2012. I stayed in many top hotels in Mumbai, like Holiday Inn, Leela. But I rate Svenska as the best hotel with excellent un-believable service. Very clean room with clean toilet and plenty of clean towels, linens.
Everyone of the staff is well behaved and very courteous. Rupa Aggarwal the GM took personal care to ensure the guest is well taken care off.
Hats off to the Svenska team!!!
I decided to continue staying Svenska Mumbai and I will put all my guests in their Bangalore branch also.
Rajendran
Bangalore

Room Tip: I stayed in 504, it is excellent
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review through TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to know that your experience at Svenska, Mumbai has exceeded your expectations in every way.

At Svenska, we take great pride in the services we offer and your recognition motivates us to strive harder for excellence.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 May 2012

If you are on a visit to Mumbai and need to traverse say between Khar & Malad (west) then this is the hotel to stay.

With local shopping, diners, theatres, beach, pubs its great location to stay and if you are on business then too its great.

The rooms are nice, clean, no nonsense and with good gizmos.

The bath is clean and modern & hip.

You must stay here once if not always!

Room Tip: They also have a gym (affiliation) and they drive you down to it, so even with the space crunch on t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ZeshZed, Owner at Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay), responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments through TripAdvisor.

All of us are thrilled to know that you have had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed the overall ambience of the hotel and especially the design of the room.

Your appreciative comments for our team members motivates us in delivering excellent service. Do let me know when you plan to travel next, as I will be pleased to look after every aspect of your stay personally.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

recently stayed at this hotel on connecting through mumbai for one night. For the price its excellent value with attentive staff, a warm welcome, exceptionally clean and very comfortable. Will be returning.The butler service was very welcome helping me gain access to the wifi service. The roof top restaurant has great views and real indian food.I didn't eat at the hotels spanish restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank VJ S
Dear VJS,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Svenska, Mumbai.

I am happy to note that you left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services and enjoyed your dining experience at the Kabab restaurant- Soul.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and next time when you come you have to try our Spanish/Mediterranean Restaurant which has been the Winner of the Best Mediterranean Restaurant Award from the Times Food Guide 2012,