“Awesum experience”

Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay)
Ranked #33 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Awesum experience”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I went to Svenska design hotels for my b'day with my wife and parents and was very happy to see the buffet setup and the variety spread... being a Punjabi i'm a complete foodie and loved all the varieties that was offered for dinner buffet right from the starters to the main course to different types of deserts... overall a fine dinning experience and time well spent with family with good ambiance and humble staff... congratulations to Svenska and all the best!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Visited on my friend's birthday, and enjoyed a lot. Starters were awesome in both veg and nonveg, as my friend is vegetarian got to taste both and there is lot of variety is vegetarian food compared to other restaurants we have been. Pizzas and dimsums were one of the best I have had. Main course is burning hot as compared to other buffets I have had, And a lot of desserts for sweet lovers. Overall itz a foodies paradise. The staff is very friendly and prompt. Prawns lowers go only on Saturday, Sundays.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our experience was great.. The service was superb.. The food was awesome.. we will visit quiet often to this really nice place.. Kudos to the entire staff.. Had a Great time.. Must Eat is the barbeque chicken, freshly baked pizzas, tawa fish and last but not the least desserts..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ZeshZed, Owner at Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay), responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your wonderful words about our hotel, staff, service and food at Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai. It has been a pleasure hosting you at our hotel and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Get your money's worth by dining at Sevenska Design Hotel.
Personally my hot favourites were Chicken in Bean Sause & Pizza.
In Desserts the Pastries &Mousse were just Awesome.
The Service & Staff attention was Excellent.
Enjoyed my visit to the Hilt, Would eagerly look forward to visit Sevenska again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed there with my Wife for a two night stay. The staff seemed nice enough but for a luxury hotel the stairway was a cluttered fire trap, the food was overpriced and pretty bad to boot. The room itself was nice, the bathroom was the highlight of the hotel room, especially the shower. The hallway smelled like smoke so they plugged in air fresheners. The main disappointment was upon coming back to the hotel after an amazing adventure to the Elephant Caves (which the hotel is really no where close to any of the tourist type things in Mumbai) we found our luggage was gone through and even though nothing was stolen zippers of my back pack and luggage where opened, and my things were re-arranged. My phone charger was missing and I reported that to the front desk and they had to call housekeeping to figure they had hid it into a drawer. I expect that a nice hotel would not have someone going through and moving your personal things. Last turn-off was when I asked for transportation to the Airport in the early morning I was told they could drive me for a 1000 rupees, I told them that my taxi from the airport was only 250 and taxi was better then there little car. I then asked for them to arrange a taxi for me they quoted me 600 rupees, I called myself and got it for 250....anything to turn a buck on a tourist

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GWP300
Thank you for your review. We are surprised to hear that you found the food overpriced as our Global Buffet starts at only around $10, which includes a lavish spread of over 50+ multi-cuisine items, including 16 starters and live counters. In fact, 90% of our guests are local residents who visit our hotel for meal, with resident guests comprising only about 10%. Therefore we maintain our prices at very reasonable levels; e.g. alcoholic drinks start at only $1.50. Further, our bars & restaurants have been critically acclaimed and won several awards.

Further, you will be pleased to note that the hotel is fully compliant with international fire and safety norms with regular audits and drills.

We are also very surprised to read about your comments on your bags being opened and personal items rearranged. The hotel has been operational for over 3 years and we have never had any guest even once complain about any such thing. Every room has designated butlers who are trained in not just housekeeping, concierge, in-room dining and other aspects of butler service, but also are very senior and experienced staff who would never do anything with guests personal effects.

Finally, on the airport transfer, you may kindly note that our chauffeur driven sedan service costs merely $16. Local cabs are surely available at even cheaper rates and when you wanted cheaper option, our staff merely suggested third party cab fleet services, which charge around $8-10. There is absolutely nothing that the hotel makes from any of its guests for arranging these third-party cabs as these need to be paid directly by the guest to the cab driver at the end of the journey, depending upon the meter reading.

Maybe there was a communication gap, but we assure you that we are not in the business of making money one time from a guest; we largely depend on repeat business and are proud of the fact that almost a third of our guests are repeat customers.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

i would like to introduce myself as a foodie who loves to try out new hotels and restaurants serving some good varieties in food around the world.by experience the evening i visited svenska design hotel was amazing..i was impressed with the way i was met up with by the hotel personnel,a warm gesture of welcome,greeting and escort to the restaurant. a very pleasant approach towards explaining the menu for the buffet spread which was a wow factor !
i was very well served starters on my table,with proper accompaniments and yes not to forget the temperature was piping hot for all my starters which impressed me alot.
the buffet spread was wholesome and a good choice of veg and non veg foods on display looked fresh and well garnished and presented.
the kitchen staff was also quite keen to receive feedback upon my dining haven completed.
the overall experience at svenska was a memorable one for me and i would surely advice all food lovers to visit this place and have a great time !!

mr. kaviraj khialani.
mumbai.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

A live singer would be like a cherry on the cake for sunday brunch coz after a good sleep you always want you sunday lunch to be soft @ environment and mouth watering @ food. The food was simply delicious. My kinda environment would be with a live soft singer.

• Stayed June 2014