“Good Airport hotel”

Ibis Mumbai Airport
Ranked #55 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
“Good Airport hotel”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Its a typical clean & comfortable airport hotel with most of what you need, but a little too expensive for the facility. A 20% less cost would make this an ideal hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Mr. Anand,

Thank you for your short write up on Trip Advisor.

It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us and delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay and find our location to be convenient from the airport.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Like us on Facebook and stay up to date on activities planned at ibis Mumbai Airport!

Rohan Sable

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Rooms were like a cabin but clean and hygenic. Service was less than average. I ordered coffee but instead I got tea. Called again and asked for coffee but no one showed up.

I would have gotten better services in economical hotels.

Room Tip: rooms are very small, i suggest not to use this hotel when going with family
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Mumbai Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

London
Reviewed 29 January 2014

A good, typical airport hotel. Follows the ibis format. Clean, comfortable, practical no frills. The bed is outstanding. Extremely comfortable and really does deliver the sweet sleep it says it will.

Breakfast was disapointing with an odd mix of food on offer. Our room overlooked the busy road but was so well insulated We hardly heard a thing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest,

We value your feedback and appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. It is such a delight to hear that you liked our hotel, cleanliness of rooms and had a comfortable sleep on our Ibis Sweet bed which is our Brands signature assuring comfort to the guest.

We read with much concern about your review on breakfast experience. Our chef & team is committed to making instant changes where needed. Every menu is a work in progress and the ibis prides itself on excellent food & beverage options.

We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Do visit us on Face book and stay up to date on activities planned ibis Mumbai Airport!

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed here many times. Everything goes normal. But this time was bad....

I had requested the restaurant to keep my food bills, which I paid on the spot, along with my room bill, so that I would collect them when i check out. During check out all my food bills were missing. The front desk did not bother to look or help - simply said " its not here - ask restaurant ".

The restaurant guys were helpful. They dug out 50% of the bill.

As I travel on business, explaining missing bills is a pain to accounts person !!

Very dissapointed with service..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Raj86
Dear Mr. Raj,

Greetings from ibis Mumbai Airport!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Comfortable stay. Very close to the airport. They have airport transfer facility. Rooms are small but clean. Breakfast was average. Service is slow here as compared to rest of the Ibis properties. Hotel staff is friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

New Delhi
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Happened to stay over on 25th Jan. First, the road outside the hotel is mostly jam packed with traffic and hence if you are a group arriving in a bus / van, be ready for a lot of honking / rude stares.
The hotel was not equipped to handle a group check-in. Just two people at the front desk including a lady who was busy with the regular customers. Check-in was down - the machines were down due to a power issue (no back-up eh?) and hence our room cards couldn't be swipped and we had to wait for one of the staff to open our rooms with a master key.

All this time, the manager was right there at the lobby and only when I raised my voice (after waiting for 15mins for a check-in of our group) did he appear and apologise and moved his rear.

I was on single occupancy, 1st floor - the lifts (both the lifts) had a very bad odour everytime I boarded them (night / morning etc). Didnt have dinner in the hotel, breakfast however was done here. I was there by 7:30 and there was just one guy to look around. The egg station hadn't opened up. Sambar was luke warm (not hot) and overall food quality average!

Check-out was smooth though. Hotel charges a min of 200 for airport drop which is 1.3 km away. Its better to simply walk out and sit into one of the many taxis waiting - they took 75 from me.

Overall, a bag of mixed beans. It is very close to the airport but the management needs to pull up the socks a lot

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Mr. Punia,

Greetings from ibis Mumbai Airport!

Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your experience, in detail. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconsistencies you experienced. Through such feedback, we are able to gauge areas in need of our attention and take the necessary steps to rectify the same.

I sincerely regret your displeasure with the check-in service and restaurant experience. We are concerned to hear that you and your group faced a challenge upon check in due to system breakdown. However it was due to technical emergency in the server which came back within ten minutes. What happened was an isolated incident and we are very sorry that it affected your stay experience with us. I would like to assure you that this is not the usual standard we strive for.
I have personally reviewed your feedback and have briefed them to avoid such occurrences in future. I will personally ensure training needs are revamped in areas that concern our guests.

At ibis, we take guests feedback very seriously as this is the tool for us to improve on our facilities and service standards.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will treat this experience in isolation and give us another chance to make your next stay flawless.

Do visit us on Facebook and be updated on activities and events planned at ibis Mumbai Airport !