“Good Hotel in Mumbai”

Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai
Ranked #15 of 448 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
“Good Hotel in Mumbai”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Hotel MELUHA placed in HIRANANDHINI. This hotel is one of the Good hotels in MUMBAI. I am sure because though I have stayed in so many hotels all over the world (work related) last 20 years,also the Hotel room neat and clean.and location of the hotel very beautiful. The restaurant and hospitality is very good. total over all experience is very good. So I personally advise the people to stay Meluha

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
pras_14, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai during your recent visit to Mumbai and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We were glad to read that you had an overall pleasant stay with us and particularly value the hotel and its facilities. Your appreciative comments are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and hope that Meluha-The Fern, remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Meluha The Fern,Mumbai.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Vadodara, India
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is one of the best hotel in India , I suggest people to stay in this hotel for who is visit Mumbai. The restaurant and hospitality is very good. total over all experience is very good. So I personally advise the people to stay Meluha

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
pras_14, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai as your accommodation choice and recommending us on Trip Advisor.

It is heartening to note your kind compliments on the hotel and its facilities. We are glad you were able to enjoy a generous service experience during your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and trust that Meluha-The Fern, continues to remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is one of the VERY GOOD hotels in India for Business Travellers and only 3 years old.
I am sure because though I have stayed in so many hotels all over the world (work related) last 20 years or so. For example last 1year I have stayed in many hotels Like at Nagoya (Japan), Ulsan (South Korea), Tehran (Iran), In India out of Last 4 months I have stayed 2 months in hotels other hotels are Boutique Hotel Bawa Suites, Hotel Sea Princess, Ramada Powai etc.
I booked in this hotel because place of work is 5 minutes from the hotel. Another good part is next to some of very good hotels in India we find a big slum. This is not the case with Meluha. Location is good. Safety and Security is high priority which is very good. (Address of a friend was not given for security reasons which is good and I was asked to sign a paper saying “NOT REQUIRED “ for items disposed in the bin)
I stayed in this hotel from 27 Feb 2014 until 07 Mar 2014 (Room No 518) which I extended until 09 Mar 2014. (Room No 423). Room No 518 was basic room with good view whereas Room 423 was very specious room with back of apartment view. One interesting thing I observed for first time is room tariff fluctuates quite a bit i.e. from Rs.7500.00 to 18000.00 approx. I paid more for the base room than for the specious room. Difficult to say if it is really value for money. Both rooms I found to be very comfortable. Room 423 had a reoccurring door lock problem i.e. unable to close from outside which was attended every time I complained (3 times). Once I came back to find the door was open after housekeeping cleaned the room because of this problem. Breakfast is very good. Standard for all five star hotels. Lunch mostly I had at place of work. I was not very happy with dinner. There is scope for lot of improvement. For example "If only the fish and chips were like prepared in "Santosa, Singapore etc. Suggest check out the Fish Koliwada prepared at Hiranandani restaurant opposite to China Town.

Room Tip: One interesting thing I observed for first time is room tariff fluctuates quite a bit i.e. from Rs.7...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the online community. It is a delight to read your appreciation of Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai. We are located in the heart of the business hub in Powai. I am glad that our Location lived up to the expectations of a seasoned traveler, like yourself. The safety and security measures for our guests are of prime importance and we are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable.

The room tariffs are derived from a demand-based pricing mechanism .Since your booking was an online reservation, the best available rate for the day is obtained by forecasting the demand. To elaborate further, during peak periods, due to higher demand the best available rates are higher, hence the variance.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you faced due to the malfunctioning of the door lock. We assure you that the same has been rectified and taken up with the team to ensure non-recurrence. Your feedback of the food has been shared with the Executive Chef and his team. We do hope you will experience a positive difference on your next stay with us.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your review is of great value as it helps us improve the quality of our products and services. We assure you will find an enhanced experience on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Best thing about this place, for me, was its surrounding. A clean & safe neighborhood and a wide sidewalk to move about. To its left there's a big supermarket (Haiko) for your daily needs (above it, some clothes outlets), a KFC around the corner. Cross the road you get to Galleria, a big market place for local food, clothes, phones & accessories, eye wear etc. To the hotel's right is a row of restaurants, pharmacies, even a Starbucks. It's also easy to get a taxi or auto-rickshaw in the area.
My room was rather small, barely fits two. Bed and linens were very comfortable though, makes for a good sleep. I also like the bath amenities--the herbal shampoo/conditioner gets my two-thumbs up. In-room internet is very poor, couldn't get a decent Skype call out!
The breakfast buffet was decent, but repetitive (stayed here for more than 2 weeks, you'd get tired of the same food every day) The restaurant (& lobby) staff were friendly & helpful though, made my stay pleasant.
The gym was small but had all the basic equipment. The rooftop pool was nice but pick your timing, just 7-8 people would make it crowded!
I've stayed in a few 5-star hotels on business, so on a few occasions I'd bring my wife to stay for the last days for a short break together--this was the only hotel I've experienced that wanted to charge for the extra person, even though it's already a room for two! This part was puzzling & disappointing.

Room Tip: Wintergreen room is small, just enough for two. Good room for solo/business trips but not for couple...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RizwaNeem
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. We are glad our location worked excellently well for you.

While we are happy to read your kind compliments of our room amenities, friendly staff and hotel facilities, we have made a note of the inconveniences you faced.

We have shared your feedback on the complimentary internet speed with our IT team and the culinary breakfast offering being repetitive with our Executive Chef; rest assured the necessary steps will be taken to improve the quality of these services to better meet your needs on your next visit.

We have several categories of rooms with varied sizes to suit our discerning guests.
Our rooms are packaged inclusive of all contemporary facilities and amenities; hence like all five-star hotels, our rates our derived based on single or double occupancy.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at Meluha-The Fern,Mumbai.

Meluha-The Fern,Mumbai
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Very good hotel especially in Hiranandani and good view. Staff is courteos and very helpful. Monty was great and Rajesh in Banquets was superb. A must try to all business traveller. The pool is also good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai.

I am glad that we were able to cater to your needs and provide you with a memorable experience.

Your kind words of appreciation have been conveyed to the team especially Monty and Rajesh for whom it is a tremendous source of inspiration and motivation.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon at Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife and I had occasion to stay at the Meluha Fern Ecotel for 14 days whilst I did a training course. We were initially booked into a Wintergreen room which was very nice but a little small for 2 people over 2 weeks and it had no bath. We enquired about an upgrade to a room with a bath and for a little extra per night we were able to upgrade to a larger suite with bath. The room was excellent and I took particular notice that it had double glazed windows which kept out all the noise. Although we were at the back of the hotel! The multi region power outlets in the room were very useful in that no adaptor was required. Room amenities and cleanliness was top class. WI Fi connection was also provided in the price. Room service was prompt and reasonably priced. Breakfast and one other meal was part of the deal therefore we ate there most times although there are many other good restaurants nearby. Food was a variety of Indian & Asian & the deserts were to die for! The chef would cook an omelette or Masala Dosa for breakfast & Nan or Roti was provided upon request.
The International airport is only a 15 minute drive away in the early morning hours but a 45 minute one at other times.
The only negative thing I could comment on is that it is 57 Km from the Gateway to India and sometimes this took over an hour to get there which we did about 6 times.
All in all I would thoroughly recommend the Meluha Ecotel to anyone wishing to stay in Mumbai and a big thankyou to all the staff for making our stay an extremely pleasant one. I never did manage to get to the front door before the doorman could open it for me.

Room Tip: Go for a suite, the extra space will be most appreciated and the cost not much extra.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
pras_14, EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai and taking the time to share your experience online.

I am delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly appreciated the culinary experiences. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services and it is what we strive for everyday.

Your appreciation for the friendly service of our staff has been passed on to our teams and particularly to the doorman who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon to Meluha-The Fern.

Yulara, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Just stayed for one night. But amazing place to stay. In the middle of bustling Mumbai this is an oasis. It's an Ecotel and lives up to its name. Very eco friendly. Good food though we experienced only the room-service. Loved the bathroom amenities too. Not very far from the Mumbai International Airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is heartening to note your kind compliments on the hotel, its amenities and facilities. We are glad you were able to enjoy a generous service experience during your recent stay with us.