All reviews hiranandani gardens tiara restaurant powai area welcome drink business trip rooftop pool business hotel top floor breakfast spread excellent hotel business district check in was smooth an upgrade five star hotel rooms are comfortable housekeeping staff food quality
Reviewed 18 June 2016

The Meluha is a nice hotel in a lively, more affluent part of Mumbai where I recently stayed on a work visit.

The staff at the hotel can not do enough for you, always incredible service with a very warm welcome.

The room I stayed in was nice enough but I have to say nothing out of the ordinary but for £75 a night (unless my maths is a little out) it was absolutely fine. The problem is with travelling so much, one room becomes much like another unless it is out of the ordinary good or bad. The room was equipped with mini bar, comfortable bed, desk, good TV selection and free wi-fi so ticked most of the boxes. The bathroom was relatively small but fine for single occupancy. The room was kept generally clean but not always 'tip top' if I am completely honest.

The gym in the hotel, whilst small was fine but I would guess that if more than 5 people went at the same time, it would be a little tight. Unfortunately, the roof top pool was under maintenance when I was in Mumbai.

The bar area was nice and 'airy' with a good atmosphere and the in-house restaurant, whilst slightly pricier than the local area, had a varied selection and the food was generally good.

The local area from the hotel was excellent being vibrant and having a wide selection of restaurants, bars and shops although, apart from the incredible heat, you could almost have been anywhere in the World (Domino's, Subway, McDonalds, KFC, etc...).

The litmus test is always "Would I stay again" and the answer is absolutely. Is it the best hotel I have ever stayed at, no but that isn't to say it's bad in anyway, it just doesn't really stand out from the crowd.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Renu M, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Greetings!!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meluha-The Fern. It makes me very happy to see that you found our location convenient and left with an overall positive impression of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2016

This hotel in Powai in Mumbai is one of the best which I had visited. I have to say
service, cleanness, rooms, environment is very good. Only the price is a bit high.
For me was important the area, and the environment outside of the hotel. It is a excellent city and business hotel with small swimming pool and small fitness center. But absolute ok! From there you reach markets, coffees, restaurant. The hotel restaurant is excellent too. I visited it time to time. (Recommendation by me) you should rent a 3 wheeler to go to the next bigger shopping center R/City mall. This is an adventure self. But please looking before that the taximeter will be ok, otherwise they will ask for more money then regular.
From the Meluha Fern Hotel you can give a walk around there are a lot of Hiranandani parks near by. Stay there 2 month at the beginning 2013, later some colleagues

Room tip: Not level 6, because above are event rooms and when is an event it could be louder when you want sleep.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Renu M, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Greetings!!
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Meluha-The Fern Mumbai.

I am happy to know that you had a pleasant stay, your compliments for our hotel, accommodation, quality of food have been received with humble delight. I can assure you that your recognition will be a huge source of motivation for the team. With regard to your comment about our pricing structure, the prices we charge for the accommodation, are comparable with hospitality trends in the city of Mumbai and well aligned with the quality of our hotel product and guest services.
Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to the pleasure of having you stay with us during your next visit.
Warm regards,

Renu Menghrajani,

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Had stayed in a suit room. Had excellent silent sleep. Clean n Decent. Service at the best. It's best if u need to stay at Hiranandani gardens. Ambience is so good. No complains. Just forget the tariff as it may be costly at times. Suit room is very big & comfortable.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Renu M, Executive Assistant Manager. at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Greetings !!

I would like to thank you for your recent stay at Meluha-The Fern Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience in TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to note that your overall experience at our hotel was a pleasant one, as this is what the entire team strives to achieve. We appreciate your highlights of our ambience and comfortable rooms.

It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable experience at Meluha-The Fern.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Meluha The Fern is my first choice of hotel every time I visit Mumbai. Every single employee excels at the role he/she has been assigned. The management is extremely conscious of the comfort and needs of visitors and spare no pain to cater to it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Renu M, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Greetings !!!
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to see your positive comments about the hotel, team and service. Such appreciation motivates all of us to continue delivering excellence in all aspects of our hotel operations.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service. Thank you once again for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Meluha -The Fern.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

Great stay at the Meluha.
All staff across the board are most welcoming and very helpful.
Room was clean and well equipped.
Wifi is good, main resturant had food for all (veg, non-veg) and everything was very tasty.
Hotel car to and from were on time.
On the same street as the hotel are a number of good restaurants including some international fast food brands. Supermarket with international brands is right outside the hotel.
I would really recommend the place - not a single bad comment.
Also would recommend to take the hotel car for a day trip around Bombay. Drivers have good knowledge of where to go sightseeing and shopping.

Room tip: For a quieter stay - ask for rooms not facing the street.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Renu M, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2016

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings!!!

We are immensely delighted to read your review of Meluha -The Fern and many thanks for taking the time out to share your experience. It is such a pleasure to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality, food and beverage offerings and the hotel facilities. We are pleased to know that our strategic location was of great convenience to you. Positive comments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service. Thank you once again for your patronage and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Meluha -The Fern.