“Appealing but I would still live at the Trident in BKC”
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Sofitel Mumbai BKC
Ranked #2 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Appealing but I would still live at the Trident in BKC”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Sofitel is designed well, the staff is very efficient, the overall interiors are good and many might say it looks gaudy but I liked the look, reminded me of Hotels in Dubai. Has a Lebanese touch to the furnishing colours and combinations of the wall paper and ceiling lights. The Indian Restaurant Tusker is a vegetarian restaurant and the choice and quality of food is exquisite. Liked the place but I am an Oberoi Hotel lover. Out of the 2 hotels present in BKC area of Mumbai. I would still go for the Trident.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty much the same , the view on both sides do not have a huge difference so making a ch...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Bonjour Valued Guest,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time write a review about Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

My team and I are pleased to read your comments in praise of our interiors and Indian fine dining vegetarian restaurant Tuskers.

Oberoi hotels are fortunate to have loyal guests such as yourself; however we look forward to welcome you to Sofitel whenever you decide to stay with us next and hope to win your support in times ahead.

In the meantime, should you have any queries, please feel free to contact me.

Hotel Manager Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mumbai, India.
Reviewed 2 December 2012

My family and i stayed at Sofitel BKC for a night to celebrate my niece's birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Check-in was quick. The only glitch was that the staff swiped my credit card for a security deposit. This despite my sister having paid an advance for the rooms.

I was asked if i wished to enroll to Sofitel membership. I answered in the affirmative. Membership details are still awaited.

The staff were courteous, warm & friendly. The lady at the lobby entrance made sure my son was well-looked after. She even took time out to play with him :-)

The lady @ the check-in desk escorted us to our room. She spoke to us about the dining options, pool, spa & gym on the way. The personalized attention is a neat touch & spoke volumes about the effort that the team takes to make guest feel welcome :-)

The room is modern what with switch operated curtains, a capsule based coffee machine & a B & W iPod dock. I did feel that the team went overboard with the opulence factor. There is far too much furniture squeezed into the room. The king sized bed was comfortable.

The attention to detail in the room is spot-on. Decaf & regular coffer capsules, cables to use other mp3 players/smartphones with the music dock, packaging & quality of the toiletries.

I used the swimming pool once during my stay. The pool is relatively small. The pool area offers a nice view of Bandra Kurla complex.

We had all our meals @ the hotel. We had our lunch @ Tuskers which is the vegetarian restaurant. The restaurant has a warm & cosy look to it. I was just drawn in from the time i first laid eyes on it. The staff here again made sure all of us were at ease (High chairs for the kids, special dinnerware & cutlery for the kids) The restaurant serves a variety of Indian cuisines in addition to popular dishes from around the world (Read pizza, pasta, noodles, hummus etc) We went by the recommendations of the staff. The food was delicious. This was by far the best Indian food that i have eaten in a restaurant. A special thank you to Sushant ( i hope i got your name right) for looking after my son & making sure that my wife and i could enjoy the meal :-)

We took a look @ Jyran - Tandoori dining & lounge for dinner. Compliments to the design team for doing a fabulous job with the decor of both Tuskers & Jyran. We ended up eating dinner @ Pondichery cafe. This meal was in complete contrast to the lunch @ Tuskers. It was late & we opted to have the buffet. Surprising as it may sound everything at the buffet lacked flavour. I tried the pizza, pasta & kebab. Alll of it was bitterly disappointing. The desserts too were disappointing. The only saving grace o the buffet was the stir-fry live counter. Stir-fried vegetables & stir-fired chicken is what i relished & eventually filled my tummy with :-)

Breakfast @ Pondichery cafe was a mixed bag though. Dosa @ the live counter when made to request was crisp and tasty. Otherwise it was thick & soggy. Dim-sums were being taken out from a deep-freezer and being steamed. I did expect them be rolling fresh dough & steaming dim-sums. The omelet was made made as requested & was full of flavour. Freshly squeezed fruit juice & made to order smoothies were a welcome addition to the buffet :-) The multi-grain bread was delicious. French-press coffee was a nice finishing touch to an otherwise good buffet.

Check-out was prompt.

We had a near perfect stay @ Sofitel BKC.

Two thumbs up to the team @ Sofitel for the pleasant experience & happy memories :-)

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer a better view of Bandra Kurla complex.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Bonjour Pranav,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write and post a review on Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and especially with the Manger of Tuskers Sushant Prakhar. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Regarding you LeClub membership I am glad to let you know that we have enrolled you as a valued member and you will receive an E-Mail from the support with all the necessary information’s.

Your feedback about your dining experience at Pondichery Cafe which did not meet your expectations is well noted and shared with our Executive Chef to review the preparation of the dishes.

I hope you and your family will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again at Sofitel Mumbai BKC. In the meantime, I remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, great service. Staff is very friendly and helpfull.
You really get the 5 star feeling here. Rooms are amazing!
Breakfast is the best I have ever had in a hotel.
After a 3 day stay I booked another stay 2 weeks later, because I liked it so much.

Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Bonjour Tanya,

Thank you for selecting our hotel as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are glad to read that you had a memorable stay with us during your visit to Mumbai. It is encouraging guest’s satisfaction is of our foremost concern.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future. Meanwhile, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

London
Reviewed 29 November 2012

is what we thought when we pulled up in our taxi.

We were whisked through security and met with smiles by everybody, everyday, all the time. The atmosphere is of calm and sophistication, making you want to relax and stay in the hotel leaving the hustle and bustle outside. Outdoor pool, restaurant terrace..awesome

The check in process was smooth and we were led to our room not by a porter by the check in receptionist, nice touch.

Our room was a modern delight, (what a bathroom !, fantastic coffee machine, electric curtains and an iphone dock !)as is the whole hotel. Having opened recently you still get the 5 star feel you expect but dont get from many other older hotels. We had a mixed stay, we had to swap rooms due to a noisy neighbour but it was no trouble to the staff. In fact i have never met such accomodating staff. In the lobby, the restaurants, anywhere you are made to feel the guest that you really are.

We tried the 'Indian' restaurant and were delighted by the food, the service. The Chef came wandering over and gave us an opportunity to tell him about his fantastic signature dish.

We were really impressed by the whole experience especially as we paid much less than the other so called 5 star hotels were asking and we now know they could never match the Sofitel in any area.

Till next time..

Room Tip: Rooms on the corner are smaller, just a touch.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Bonjour Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Sofitel Mumbai BKC during your recent visit to Mumbai and for sharing your feedback with us.

Your appreciative comments on the hotel facilities and the service provided by our staff, I will share your gratifying feedback with the team. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

All of us here at Sofitel Mumbai BKC look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the city.

Hyderabad
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I had a great stay at the property. It is located in the middle of financial district of Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai, which is a great advantage for business travelers. It was inaugurated (or so i was told) in August 2012, hence it has all the modern amenities.

I particularly loved the gym which was extremely spacious and had a nice relaxing area outside for a post workout chat, The pool area was closed due to a private dinner during my stay but seemed quite nice for a nice evening drinks.

Pondicherry Cafe serves multi cuisine and my experience during breakfast and lunch buffet was satisfying, The service again was top-notch.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms
1 Thank priyamagarwal
Bonjour Priyam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for choosing our hotel as your preferred residence in Mumbai.

We are happy to note that you had an overall pleasant stay with us and particularly appreciated our service and the So FIT gym in our hotel. Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This Hotel is really outstanding. The front-desk staffs are good and very helpful. I had a chance to interact with their Directors. They were keen in listening to my queries and were ready to assist as required. Not to forget the Vegetarian Restaurant ---- It is one of the Best Restaurant I have ever been.

Room Tip: Get the Embassy Facing rooms
Bonjour Mr. Kumar,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your residence in Mumbai and for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

We are glad you enjoyed the vegetarian offerings of Tuskers. We have also introduced an authentic Indian Thali for Lunch at Tuskers; we hope you will be able to enjoy this offering with friends, colleagues and clients during the weekdays at Tuskers.

Thank you once again for your compliments. The team is delighted to hear your positive feedback. It is feedback such as yours that continues to motivate the team.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 27 November 2012

As a frequent world traveler I've stayed at the world's top 5 star hotels. Sofitel BKC is undoubtedly the best hotel I've ever stayed in. The cleanliness, service, location and rooms are top notch. The buffet breakfast was fantastic with a great variety of food. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes for an elegant and tasteful stay. A sanctuary in Mumbai.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Bonjour Dev,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback.

It is heartening to note your appreciative comments about our rooms, service and the buffet breakfast at our All-Day-Dining restaurant Pondichery Cafe.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us at Sofitel Mumbai BKC soon and thank you again for your patronage and recommendations to others.