“Amazing Event Experience.!!”
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Sofitel Mumbai BKC
Ranked #2 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had organised 2 Events in last Month.
Excellent property to work it.
Wonder full Hospitality with great team members to work with.!!
Special thanks to Monal who always helped us in all our requirements.!!
Waiting to do our next event soon.!!

Room Tip: Must Visit Property..!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Bonjour Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC to host your event and for taking the time to share your appreciation with us.

My team and I are very pleased to read your positive comments in praise of the property and the service provided by our staff, especially Monal. Every effort has been made to ensure that world-class facilities and comforts are offered to our guests at all times.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service. Thank you once again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Wow would be an understatement to describe the service at Sofitel. I happened to stay during the sausage fest at the Artisan and the variety of sausages was amazing. The manager, Elton was very kind and friendly. The buffet spread at the Pondichery cafe is awesome. All in all I had a very pleasant experience. 5 stars to the courteous staff.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Malaika B

Bonjour Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC and for sharing your appreciation with us.

We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and particularly enjoyed the Charcuterie at Artisan. Your comments are most gratifying for the entire team and have been specially shared with Elton.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a work trip a whole 2 weeks and so got to know it very well. Food is excellent (both room service in the the restaurants), facilities are great including a really well equipped gym, room was lovely and very large, bathroom large, I really couldn't fault it. Location-wise you really have to cab everywhere as the area is a recently built (eg; in last 10 years) business district and there are slums around the vicinity, but I think if you know this in advance, its not a problem. There are some really nice upmarket restaurants across the road including Masala Library (upmarket Indian). I have to specifically note the excellent service of the staff which I think is their biggest asset - I was told that most of the staff were there since the hotel opened and there is definitely a sense of pride amongst them. Breakfast is buffet but the wait staff will get you anything you desire from the buffet which is over and above my expectations. Aditya and Daniel were two staff who I saw most mornings. One day I asked for a takeaway coffee to take to the office - I asked for it a bit late and couldn't wait for it to arrive. They called after me and handed it to me while I was walking down the driveway to work. For all of the following mornings, they checked what time I would want it brought to my table.... I mean really, how cool is that? Great experience.

1  Thank Deb N

Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking valuable time to comment on your recent stay at our property and for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice.

It is heartening to note your positive comments on our hotel facilities, the culinary experience and your appreciation of our staff. Encouraging words such as yours are truly a great motivation for us all and have been specially shared with Daniel and Aditya.

We are glad that we could make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back with us at Sofitel Mumbai BKC soon and thank you again for your patronage and recommendations to others.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Really excellent hotel. Set up by a German, so everything works and attention to detail is exemplary. From check-in to check-out staff were attentive and helpful.

Restaurant staff are also great and there when you need them. Food was brilliant. I had both Western and Indian. The pizza was one of the best I had ever eaten. The breakfast buffet is huge and try the "home made" meatloaf. I know this normally a risky thing, but believe me it is delicious.

Rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. Comfy beds, excellent pillows and a lovely big bath. Fitness center, spa and pool are all as they should be in a 5 star hotel (pool is a little weird having a 90° bend in it).

IF I were to criticize anything (and let's face it, me being British and this a French hotel I must find something) it would be a that they are little heavy handed with a rather pungent cleaning material / mosquito repellent. Not sure what it is, but corridors and rooms occasionally ponged with it.

Only downside is location. It took us about 45 mins to get from the Gate of India back to hotel at a time where traffic was very light - taxi driver said it can take up to 1.5 hours. So if you stay here be aware of location. You can try the train.. but good luck with that.. it is another story.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Bonjour Valued Guest,

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at Sofitel Mumbai BKC and we thank you for sharing feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property and appreciated the facilities and service levels at the hotel. We are committed to consistently providing warm and efficient services to all our guests and compliments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward.

With regards to your comment on the mosquito repellent, please allow me to share with you that it is being used with a hint of lemongrass. Although the usage is being strictly monitored, our Executive Housekeeper will review its dosage to ensure we do not over-vaporize corridors. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Also, I understand your concerns regarding the location of the hotel. We are directly connected to major highways going towards both, the north and south of Mumbai, however, as you have mentioned with traffic the commute can be longer. I do hope this reason will not deter you from visiting us again.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Mumbai BKC and in the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Second visit to Sofitel BKC since May this year. Location wise it is a 20~30 mins drive from the new Mumbai airport. Services by their ground staff is definitely top-notch and you do get the feeling that they are all trained to look out for guest and to help. Food wise they have an excellent North Indian food at the 4th floor restaurant, Jyran... Superb superb Briyani, full of flavour and nice decor.. just a tab pricey. If you want similar food (with a fushion twist), go to Citibank building just across the road... the restaurant below is another superb restaurant which offers excellent Indian fusion food as a much more reasonable price (note that this place is extremely popular, you have to make advance booking)

Wifi is excellent as compared to some hotel where they limit you to 2 devices and the constant re-login required. I have breakfast included this round and though the spread for breakfast could have been more in Pondichery Cafe, but i felt so good all because of one of their staff, Daniel. Daniel was extremely friendly and was spot on for 3 recommendations for me during my lunch and 2 breakfast at the cafe. Definitely those that recommend you based on what he tried. What impressed me even more was my 2nd breakfast when I told him i am ordering the dosai he recommended me, and he immediately told me i should try another one (i can't remember what was the name of that). I agreed and he immediately went to change my order and came back with another excellent recommendation and he took his time to explain the dish to me... extremely pleasant and helpful young man. Well Done Daniel!

Lastly, I had a great time in their small cafe, Artisan as well as Le Bar (to watch world cup) while waiting for my midnight flight back

Room Tip: Didn't find any difference in lower floor or upper floor room as there's not much of a view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Toffee12

Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Sofitel Mumbai BKC during your recent visit to the city and for sharing your appreciation with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we are humbled by your gracious compliments on the hotel and its services. I am glad to note that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and your dining experience at our specialty restaurant Jyran. It was an honour to have you as our guest and encouraging comments from a frequent and experienced traveller such as yourself are most gratifying and have been shared with the entire team, specially Daniel.

My team and I assure you of our best services at all times. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and hope that Sofitel Mumbai BKC remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Everything about this hotel is great.
Rooms, Location, Service, Amenities, Food etc

But the theme of the hotel itself is very dark.
Your rooms are dark. Of course lights are there but interiors is by nature dark. A very personal view but I didnt much like it.

Apart of it very nice hotel.

Bonjour Valued Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and particularly found the location work to your advantage. Your comments on the facilities available at the hotel and the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

With regards to your comment on the interiors of the room, please allow me to share with you that the hotel has been designed in a French-Indian art décor theme which depicts both cultures for what they are, rich in heritage. However, I appreciate your sharing your candid views with us and hope that it will not deter you from visiting us once again.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to w
elcoming you again soon to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. The best thing about this hotel in their staff, on their toes 24/7. Always there to help with a smiling face. I had some work in Powai but still I booked here as the reviews were good and yes I wasn't disappointed. Breakfast was enormous. We even had dinner which was out of the world. U name it and they got it. Rooms were spacious. Location very central. Airport 20mins. What else one ask from a hotel.
Special thanks to Lebana Panekar (Head of Learning & Development)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback and for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice.

It is heartening to note your appreciative comments on the hotel, its facilities and the service provided by our staff. We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging, for all of us including Lebana, and it will always be our greatest reward.