“Unique Home Style Stay”
Review of JC Chalet

JC Chalet
Ranked #429 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 19 May 2014

First Visit to Mumbai for my friend's wedding. She put me up at JC Chalet since it's near her event and to the beach.

Stayed there for 3 nights by myself and loved it.

Hotel is small and very unique. I walked to the beach every morning. Room is small but enough for me. I found everything I need inside: minibar, safe, very nice amenities.

Staff are too cool. They answered all my questions and guided me to any where I went. Called the local "auto" for me every time I went out and make sure I don't make pay too much :)

I loved my stay. The hotel gave me a very relax and home feel, so I was not home sick too much.

Thank you JC Chalet.

Room Tip: I got the 302, I think that's a very good size room for me.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Yosante
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at JC Chalet Mumbai and for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to note that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and that you have taken fond memories of your stay.

The team is our strength and they strive hard to delight our guests. Your feedback of our service is truly motivating and inspiring for each member of the team.

Thank you for recommending JC Chalet Mumbai. We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future. We want to continue being your home away from home :)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

JC Chalet was a very nice experience. It is a great experience for what they charge. Very well maintained with lots of freebies like free airport transfer, free in room WiFi and a lovely spread for breakfast.

Has a bread & breakfast feel like the ones we found in Germany & Switzerland. Located in a very prime area of Juhu Beach with tons to do around. Staff was very friendly and took good care of us.

We will be back.

Room Tip: We had room 101
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DebraLela

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending JC Chalet Mumbai. We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future. Thank you for being so loyal :)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hi All,

I went recently to this hotel for a one night stay. The location is very good literally walking distance from Juhu. Other than this do not expect much from this place. Its a house converted to hotel. Rooms are very small specially bathrooms are tiny. If you happen to come early to check in there is no common wash room to get freshed up. The breakfast is just alright nothing very impressive. If you happen to stay in Room 201 please make sure you double check because there is a damp on the ceiling which drops water.. my bed got wet as the water was continuously pouring down also the AC in the room happens to sprinkle water... My advice dont take 201. The mini bar is very expensive preferable would be to BYOD ( Buy your own Drinks).

Well in short its an alright hotel. As I said do not expect much..It's just ok... If you get any better option paying Rs. 500 more you might want to go for the other one. The staff is courteous though.

I hope this was helpful. Rest you can decide for your self.

Whether I would recommend it to others...For location I would but for rest I won't.

Room Tip: Don't go for Room 201 there is a damp hole on the ceiling and the AC sprinkles water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ankit D

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to note that you loved our location right across from Juhu Beach but disappointed about the issues you faced in your room. My team has addressed all the issues in the room as pointed out by you. Everything has been fixed.

The team & the value for money is our strength and they strive hard to delight our guests. No other hotel in this 3 star boutique rating is available on Juhu Beach at the price we offer. This is the reason we are almost always fully booked.

Thank you again, we eagerly await your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at JC Chalet in the first week of May because we had to attend a wedding in the family. This hotel is a hidden gem. Part of me just wants to keep this my own little secret and does not want to reveal how lovely JC Chalet is, but that would be selfish.

We got a lovely deal through Booking.com & the rates are unbeatable for the ritzy Juhu Beach area where hotels charge triple if not more. No wonder JC was full every night we were there.

The rooms are well equipped with satellite LCD TV's with HBO & every channel you could think of, lovely toiletories, they offer a lovely made from scratch breakfast daily, complimentary mineral water, and complimentary airport transfers. But the highlight is the staff that treats you very warmly. They bent over backwards to take care of us.

The reception team gave us maps to all Mumbai sightseeing attractions & helped arrange all transportation. We used the hotel van many a time to and from the wedding events across the street at the JW Marriott :)

We were a group of 8 ladies and we felt very, very secure with the 24 hour security and CCTV cameras everywhere. You get it, we will be back.

Room Tip: We had 4 rooms and all were very clean and well maintained.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback about JC Chalet. A Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and that you will always choose to stay at JC Chalet, Mumbai.

Your appreciation of our service & hospitality is very rewarding and will encourage our team to scale greater heights of excellence. Thank you for noting the safety aspect of our property and for recognizing our team members.

We always aspire to be a cut above the rest and want to create a very homely environment. It is a pleasure for us to have many many regular guests who have become extended family :)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Simply loved staying here at JC Chalet. Located close to airport, train stations, smack opposite the beach, you could not ask for a better location.

The staff is very accommodating. I have an allergy to certain foods and the chef made me special breakfasts at no charge whatsoever daily.

Rooms have free WI-FI, all toiletries, are very clean and neat and tidy. Plus they have a fully stocked minibar.

This hotel is a great value in a very expensive city. We will be back.

Room Tip: I had room 201 which was perfect.
1  Thank Shyamraj1969

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback about JC Chalet. A Boutique Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Your appreciation of our service & hospitality is very rewarding and will encourage our team to scale greater heights of excellence. Thank you for recognizing our unique architecture and interior design of our rooms. We always aspired to be a cut above the rest and wanted to create a very homely environment.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Being a long stayer for this hotel, i got to know with lot many things, I was their for almost eight to nine nights,

Check Inn Experience - they made me wait for an hour as i reached bit early, surprisingly the beach was walk able from the hotel, i spent almost an hour over their only, and then they gave me the room, the bell activity was good, they got all luggage and introduced me to the room.

Room Experience - though the rooms are quite compact as a match box, without an exhaust, but still well equipped and right in manner, acceptable for one or maximum two people, they have minibar, proper air conditioning and room amenities like dental, shaving, business, sewing kits.

They know how to upkeep a hotel, though the place is very small, and hidden in residential area, but one can reach easily, the best part is the breakfast that they serve, spread is small but healthy, it is basically a bed and breakfast or garni hotel, where you can't think for main meals, for your information it is a non smoking hotel, so even you are a smoker their is a lovely area outside - courtyard with a bench, where you can have a stick of the beach and enjoy the lovely music by birds.

The staff is very helpful and friendly, I would like to mention the names of few of them, Raju, the service guy, you will find him 24*7 at your service, shahdab is again a good receptionist having lot of city knowledge, Sanjay is nightman, he may forget to give you a wake call but very nice and helpful, bit shrude.

Prices and billing - though its a small hotel, but let me tell you they can do Bill to company as well with prior documentation and through required channels, shocked that a small hotel can provide credit facility, though i am an ITC employee but their were few more corporate clients staying, quite affordable.

Owners are nice but after the lives of staff, that i came to know in between, but managed, after all they guys are in such business - Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Verma, Suggesting you, you have got a diamond in your hand, polish it, and it will come up in the air.

VALUE FOR MONEY ! MUST EXPERIENCE !

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback on TripAdvisor.