“Excellent value, will be back”
Review of JC Chalet

JC Chalet
Ranked #419 of 485 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here because of it's incredible location opposite Juhu Beach and near absolutely everything. It is a really unique hotel that gives one the home away from home feeling. The staff is really friendly and breakfast is awesome!

Rooms are slightly on the smaller side but very well appointed. Super clean with all the bells and whistles of free wifi, free airport drops, toiletories, minibars, etc.

We will be back

Room Tip: We had room 101
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank balbirmehta
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at JC Chalet Mumbai and for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to note that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and that you have taken fond memories of your stay. Thank you for pointing out the incredible value we offer in an exclusive area of Bombay.

The team is our strength and they strive hard to delight our guests. Your feedback of our service is truly motivating and inspiring for each member of the team.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Krutika Hera I have stayed for 01 Night on 24th May 2014 I am also Travel agent working as a Assistant Manager - Domestic tours in Paras Holidays Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi

Hotel is nice , small boutique hotel. very very close to beach evenig and early morning you enjoined on beach very easily. rooms are also good but only sufficient for 02 People. Services are also good.
Breakfast is good. Kitchen staff are very caring. In breakfast Aloo Paratha, Upma, Milk and corn flex, some Fruits, Dahi, Pickle, Choice of Tea and coffee.

Special Feeling for Us:
Me and My husband don't like Upma so we demand Poha and the Chef cooked immedietly Poha for both of us and that Poha was very delicious i never eat that type of Poha in My life.

Reception staff are also very caring and helpful.

Beach is just 2 minute of walking distance just across the main road.

Drawbacks are only that Bathrooms are very small, food charges very high as compare to the Hotel and we are very disappointed because there is no common wash room in lobby area. After chech out we have put our luggage at reception and went for sight seeing in evening when we came for collect our luggage we need wash room for fresh n up but no wash room so hotel staff offed us their washroom and it was very very dirty and tiny. As is not working in AC area staff told us that our boss kept AC remote with him only and he is not in Hotel right now so AC is not working. :( . We felt very very hot in Lobby area staff arrange standing fan for us.

Rest of the things are very good.

Regards....Krutika

Room Tip: take rooms on first floor ground floor rooms are very small.
1  Thank himkru

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This place is suitable for couples cause it brings a warm n sweet feeling. I just wanna take all the decorations here home cause they are so beautiful :D. The owner must pay so much attention into every detail of the hotel.
<3 <3 <3

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hindustani B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending JC Chalet Mumbai. We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future :)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in JC Chalet in Mumbai as the last part of our grand India trip on a good friend's recommendation, and after a couple of not-up-to-the-mark stays in India, we finally got it right!

The location was good, away from the bustle of the city but opposite Juhu Beach and near the Consulates and lovely restaurants and a Starbucks. The property is small but beautiful and intimate, more like a bed & breakfast in Europe.

The service is pretty impressive, nice kids. We were impressed with all the complimentary services such as a nice made from scratch breakfast, free WiFi in room, free airport transfer on our way to the airport & neat touches like a minbar, in room coffee makers, toiletries, etc.. We did not expect these amenities in a hotel that charges so little. Great value, will be back on our next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit compact but very clean and well appointed
1  Thank Monicaraj

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending JC Chalet Mumbai. We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future. We absolutely love our guests & are thankful for your support :)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

First Visit to Mumbai for my friend's wedding. She put me up at JC Chalet since it's near her event and to the beach.

Stayed there for 3 nights by myself and loved it.

Hotel is small and very unique. I walked to the beach every morning. Room is small but enough for me. I found everything I need inside: minibar, safe, very nice amenities.

Staff are too cool. They answered all my questions and guided me to any where I went. Called the local "auto" for me every time I went out and make sure I don't make pay too much :)

I loved my stay. The hotel gave me a very relax and home feel, so I was not home sick too much.

Thank you JC Chalet.

Room Tip: I got the 302, I think that's a very good size room for me.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Yosante

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending JC Chalet Mumbai. We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future. We want to continue being your home away from home :)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

JC Chalet was a very nice experience. It is a great experience for what they charge. Very well maintained with lots of freebies like free airport transfer, free in room WiFi and a lovely spread for breakfast.

Has a bread & breakfast feel like the ones we found in Germany & Switzerland. Located in a very prime area of Juhu Beach with tons to do around. Staff was very friendly and took good care of us.

We will be back.

Room Tip: We had room 101
1  Thank DebraLela

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending JC Chalet Mumbai. We eagerly await your return in the not too distant future. Thank you for being so loyal :)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hi All,

I went recently to this hotel for a one night stay. The location is very good literally walking distance from Juhu. Other than this do not expect much from this place. Its a house converted to hotel. Rooms are very small specially bathrooms are tiny. If you happen to come early to check in there is no common wash room to get freshed up. The breakfast is just alright nothing very impressive. If you happen to stay in Room 201 please make sure you double check because there is a damp on the ceiling which drops water.. my bed got wet as the water was continuously pouring down also the AC in the room happens to sprinkle water... My advice dont take 201. The mini bar is very expensive preferable would be to BYOD ( Buy your own Drinks).

Well in short its an alright hotel. As I said do not expect much..It's just ok... If you get any better option paying Rs. 500 more you might want to go for the other one. The staff is courteous though.

I hope this was helpful. Rest you can decide for your self.

Whether I would recommend it to others...For location I would but for rest I won't.

Room Tip: Don't go for Room 201 there is a damp hole on the ceiling and the AC sprinkles water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ankit D

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to note that you loved our location right across from Juhu Beach but disappointed about the issues you faced in your room. My team has addressed all the issues in the room as pointed out by you. Everything has been fixed.

The team & the value for money is our strength and they strive hard to delight our guests. No other hotel in this 3 star boutique rating is available on Juhu Beach at the price we offer. This is the reason we are almost always fully booked.

Thank you again, we eagerly await your return in the not too distant future.