“They care about feedback”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of JC Chalet

JC Chalet
Ranked #359 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“They care about feedback”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was travelling with my family and was in Mumbai on the 3rd and 4th of August 2013. I had booked this hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Here is what was great about the hotel. 1. The location is to die for. It is exactly a 5 to 10 minutes walk from Juhu Beach. You can get an Auto in 1 minute. The markets are just 10 minutes by auto. The breakfast which was a part of the package was very good. The not so great was the room we got for the first night. It had no window, the carpets were damp, water was actually leaking from the walls onto the carpet and the dank smell was gross. I did complain but they were full so they couldn't change the room. Then the nightmare started with no availability of an extra bed which I had informed while making the booking. The linen was dirty and even though they changed it every time I complained (because they were all dirty) it continued to be dirty. Finally I got the owners number from here and called him and here is the great thing about him...he heard me out, then did the very best he could, sent sheets from his home and new room fresheners and tried his best. The next day we promptly moved to a room on the first floor which was small but clean and had a window. Sometimes it's important to appreciate the fact that they did everything humanly possible to rectify their erroe. Hoepfully they've closed that room to the public now.

Room Tip: Take a room on the first floor. Avoid the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review JC Chalet Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to note that we were able to salvage your experience which could have gone sideways very quickly.

Owing to the late hour, I am glad that we could do everything within our power to make your dear Father, Mother & you comfortable.

Your father is a wonderful gentleman and I was absolutely delighted to chat with him at length.
I gained more wisdom in those thirty minutes than I have have from any source in years. An absolute delight. He is a treasure.

Your generous feedback of our hotel is very inspiring. The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel is good definitely. Everything is good about the hotel. Stayed here after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Entirely wooden facade done beautifully. gives you a totally different feeling. The hotel is unique in its own kind. very good utilization of space. rooms were not that big and were compact but clean, comfortable and beautifully done.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to note that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed your experience at JC Chalet.

Your generous feedback of our hotel is very inspiring.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Location is good on juhu tara road ,i had stayed at the Jc chalet room num 303 from 16th june to till 21st June 24, 2014 . Hotel reception great! Room super, well housekeeping , excellent bathroom with good shower and with excellent wife, Beds very comfortable with clean linen with good bed making and many thanks to all housekeeping staff , flat screen tv, a/c, but i have small request please provide safe for long staying and you have a place next to luggage rack .Room service prompts with good breakfast with masala tea . Staff throughout the hotel were attentive helpful.

Room Tip: rooms on third floor are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have your family and you stay at JC Chalet, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your generous feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to note that you have recognized our hotel as“the Best”.

Your appreciation of our service & hospitality is very inspiring and will motivate us to scale greater heights of excellence.

Thank you for recommending our hotel, our amenities, our team & our complimentary offerings like wifi and breakfast and airport transfer. We shared your review in our daily team briefing and you just made our day :)

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued visits.

Simla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Lived this little hotel. It doesn't have the typical Indian feel of a soulless 3 star hotel. Is an entirely wooden facade beautifully done up and very homely.

Very nice staff. Rooms are compact but very clean and comfortable with everything you need. Nice breakfast free WiFi in room, minibar , safe, toiletries, big bang for the buck.

Little wonder that this cute hotel is almost always fully booked. We will be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at JC Chalet, Mumbai and for sharing wonderful feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to note that you had a pleasant experience and that you enjoyed the ambiance, the service and the location of the hotel.

It gives us great joy to learn that JC Chalet, Mumbai will be the hotel of your choice in Mumbai and you would stay longer as an when you visit us. Thank you for recognizing the immense value we provide. It is a shame that you were not able tostay with us longer because all the rooms were booked. Please book in advance next time as our rooms sell out very rapidly.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. The team and I, eagerly await your return in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,

Kota, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel from 29th May 2014 to 01st June 2014.
* Room was too small though it was clean
* There is no almirah for clothes
* Toilet was clean but too conjusted
* Breakfast was quite average
* Food quality was also average, it was expensive too
The only positive point was the location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NareshKrMeena
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review JC Chalet, Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to learn of the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we learn from it.

We have several rooms in different sizes available. All our rooms were fully booked the day you arrived and hence the reception team was unable to offer you a larger room or a suite. We will also review upgrading the almerah in your room thanks to your feedback.

I do hope you will return to stay with us in the near future. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you are on a somewhat tight budget, look no further. You will be hard pressed to find a better value than this gorgeous bed & breakfast type small hotel. Don't expect opulence, but very clean and well maintained, good breakfast made to order, free wi-fi, minibar in room, good amenities, we got free airport transport. Very friendly workers although a bit loud at times. Rooms are quite compact but well appointed with LCD and all the works.

Located right across the beach, perfect for a morning walk or evening stroll. Lots of lovely restaurants from fast food to Starbucks and fancy schmancy restaurants around. We felt very safe with the security and CCTV's and the location in a nice quiet lane. We always stay here.

Room Tip: Room 201 and 202.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sunanda D
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at JC Chalet, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to note that you had an enjoyable experience and JC Chalet has been& will continue to be your preferred destination in Mumbai.

Your generous praise of our service is very encouraging.

I do hope that you have many more opportunities to visit us again. You have become extended family :)

Warm regards,
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked this hotel based on its location and good reviews for 2 days. On chackin was given room which was small(it is mumbai) but decent and was told i will be shifted to another by evening.
The ground floow room i was given in evening was smaller then the earlier one no window, damp smelly and with stained line.
I felt it uneasy in the room and asked them for a change which they refused. I asked why dont they keep me in earlier room. They asked me if I can pay extra as that room is for 03 people. I refused but insisted on a room change. I was wondering in what configuration they will fit in 03 people in that small room.
An hour in the room and it was already unbearable. But somehow the nexus between them and the local agents of Makemytrip(through which i booked) could not provide me a solution but kept me forwarding from one number to another and to hotel amangement. fed up with all this and in no mood to spoil my evening i decided to checkout. Eben on checkout hey asked me to adjust and will change my room next day. But I just wanted to checkout.

I dont know whom they called but offered me the earlier room. I spent 02 days there which was an overall good experience other then initial fiasco.

They need to improve upon is customer service. Yes Guests dont like torn towels and shoe marks in their cleaned rooms.
Being a small hotel will only 10-11 room they should focus on customer comfort and not overbook. due to there small room inventory there is chances that you won't have chances if you dont like the room assigned.

Room Tip: Opt for front facing rooms on upper floor. Avoid ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are disappointed that we dropped the ball and will not let your feedback fall on deaf ears. Your review was the prime topic of discussion at today's team briefing.

You are absolutely correct, the Guest Relations Manager should have addressed your concerns and given an adequate solution. I am glad that subsequently everything was fine. There is a lot of learning here and I am addressing the issues raised by you & your suggestions.

The buck stops with me and I take full responsibility. I hope to meet you on your next visit.

Best Regards,