“Lovely stay, cute as a button place”
Review of JC Chalet

JC Chalet
Ranked #419 of 486 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Happened to select this cute hotel based on trip advisor reviews, and it was a good decision. Lovely breakfast ( no charge ), they have a van you can rent for sightseeing with a lovely gentleman taking you around, free airport drop. Rooms are super clean but compact.

very friendly people and the location right opposite the beach cannot be beat. Close to my husbands offices at BKC and close to airport.

Great value. We are coming back and will refer all our friends. Everyone must visit Bombay during the monsoons to experience the magic :)

Room Tip: Room 201 we had a garden view, LCD TV with toiletries, nice and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at JC Chalet Mumbai towards the end of your trip to India and we thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

The team is very happy to learn that you were impressed with our overall service and facilities and most of all, your emphasis on the quality of staff is most encouraging. People are our biggest assets, and such praise is a reward for them.

Nothing gives us more joy than to know that you are planning your next trip to India and will stay at JC Chalet.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel service is worst I have ever seen. Mr Sachin Verma who is supposed to be the MD of the hotel does not have slightest courtesy. Let me explain my experience in detail:
2 weeks before check in date I called up hotel and Mr. Sanjay (manager) picked up and I requested him for early check in around 5am since I had to leave early at 5pm for around 12 hours stay. Mr. Sanjay agreed and I went ahead with booking. 2 days before check in I again called up hotel to remind about my early check in to which Mr Sanjay gracefully accepted and confirmed.
On Check in day (29th July) I arrived at 5am, and Mr Sunil (another manager) allowed me early check in once i told him about my conversation with Mr Sanjay. I was given Room no 102 to stay at around 5.15 am.
Next after check in, when I was asleep at 5.45 am, Mr MD of hotel calls and asks his guys to knock on my room to drag me out of room to pay Rs.1000 for early check in fees, else I was threatened to sit outside the room till 12pm. I spoke to him directly, I tried to explain him about my conversation with Mr Sanjay, but he was very adamant about hotel policies and all and spoke to me very rudely. He was also rude enough to say that he has not opened a Dharamsala for me. At 5.45 am rainy morning I had to pay the amount finally, else I had no where to go.
The real concern for me was not to pay the money, but the promise which the hotel agreed for early check in initially and later rudely asking to pay the money. They could have asked me to pay later also but dragging me out of room around 5.45 am that too when I was tired and asleep was not at all acceptable.
Regarding hotel room,nothing great about it.
I was given Room no 102, it had:
* No windows
* Room was too small
* There is no storage for clothes
* Breakfast was average
* Hotel staff are noisy and disturbs inside room
* Pillow covers were stained and not clean.
Now to my post, Mr MD will try to give some crap reasons which you guys should not believe. Please avoid this hotel, please pay a few hundreds more and stay in some other hotel nearby is my advice.

Room Tip: Only 1 tip: Avoid please.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amrit K
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate you taking out the time to take my call a few days back. In fact I tried calling you last evening, however I was unable to reach you, hence have left a voice mail.

At the outset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. For the past two days we have investigated each aspect of your stay in detail and have initiated corrective measures.

May I request you to treat this incident in isolation and let it not mar the impression of the hotel, as it is our earnest endeavor to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure that your stay with us is truly most enjoyable.

Please do give us another opportunity as I am confident you will have a brilliant stay with us. Do let me know when you plan to visit us again, as I will be delighted to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

I do hope that you have the occasion to visit us again and we assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Okay here are the nuts & bolts as you decide.

1, Location - Fabulous, opposite Juhu Beach, right where all bollywood celebrities live and perfect for daily morning & evening strolls on the beach.

2, Price - Excellent, free breakfast which is lovely, free wifi internet, free airport transfer, great value in my opinion.

3, Rooms - Good, slightly on the smaller side but very well appointed with LCD, toiletories, etc.

4, Service - Excellent! Staff especially Manoj was great. They cook anything you desire to order, very personable, although some of them lack good English skills.

5, All in all, you would be crazy to not book at this quaint Bed & Breakfast type hotel run by wonderful people who truly care. Lovely european architecture and interiors. Feels like Victorian India or a german b& b. Little wonder that they are almost always fully booked. I was unable to extend my stay and had to move to Sea Princess across the road which charged me three times as much and wasn't the same at all.

Room Tip: Room 302, overlooking garden
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at JC Chalet, Mumbai and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to note that you had a comfortable stay and that you enjoyed the food and the service at the hotel.

Your mention about our team making you feel welcome is very inspiring and it further encourages us to strive harder towards excellence. Thank you for recommending JC Chalet so glowingly with such details!

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you to your home in Mumbai. See you soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

First of all, it is not a boutique hotel. Stingy, smelly and cheap interiors. Rooms are so small dat one has to get on the bed to give way. And definitely not a stay for family. Stay away. Forgot abt my money and moved out of the hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing JC Chalet Mumbai on TripAdvisor and for your feedback.

We have been informed that your plans changed at the last minute and you had to leave. We were not informed of any dissatisfaction issues.

At JC Chalet Mumbai, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our guests, which assist us to strive for excellence.

We have attempted to contact you to receive more specific feedback, however, we respect that you would not like to share your experience with us.

We do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back at JC Chalet.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was travelling with my family and was in Mumbai on the 3rd and 4th of August 2013. I had booked this hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Here is what was great about the hotel. 1. The location is to die for. It is exactly a 5 to 10 minutes walk from Juhu Beach. You can get an Auto in 1 minute. The markets are just 10 minutes by auto. The breakfast which was a part of the package was very good. The not so great was the room we got for the first night. It had no window, the carpets were damp, water was actually leaking from the walls onto the carpet and the dank smell was gross. I did complain but they were full so they couldn't change the room. Then the nightmare started with no availability of an extra bed which I had informed while making the booking. The linen was dirty and even though they changed it every time I complained (because they were all dirty) it continued to be dirty. Finally I got the owners number from here and called him and here is the great thing about him...he heard me out, then did the very best he could, sent sheets from his home and new room fresheners and tried his best. The next day we promptly moved to a room on the first floor which was small but clean and had a window. Sometimes it's important to appreciate the fact that they did everything humanly possible to rectify their erroe. Hoepfully they've closed that room to the public now.

Room Tip: Take a room on the first floor. Avoid the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review JC Chalet Mumbai on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to note that we were able to salvage your experience which could have gone sideways very quickly.

Owing to the late hour, I am glad that we could do everything within our power to make your dear Father, Mother & you comfortable.

Your father is a wonderful gentleman and I was absolutely delighted to chat with him at length.
I gained more wisdom in those thirty minutes than I have have from any source in years. An absolute delight. He is a treasure.

Your generous feedback of our hotel is very inspiring. The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel is good definitely. Everything is good about the hotel. Stayed here after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Entirely wooden facade done beautifully. gives you a totally different feeling. The hotel is unique in its own kind. very good utilization of space. rooms were not that big and were compact but clean, comfortable and beautifully done.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to note that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed your experience at JC Chalet.

Your generous feedback of our hotel is very inspiring.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Location is good on juhu tara road ,i had stayed at the Jc chalet room num 303 from 16th june to till 21st June 24, 2014 . Hotel reception great! Room super, well housekeeping , excellent bathroom with good shower and with excellent wife, Beds very comfortable with clean linen with good bed making and many thanks to all housekeeping staff , flat screen tv, a/c, but i have small request please provide safe for long staying and you have a place next to luggage rack .Room service prompts with good breakfast with masala tea . Staff throughout the hotel were attentive helpful.

Room Tip: rooms on third floor are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have your family and you stay at JC Chalet, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your generous feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to receive your feedback and to note that you have recognized our hotel as“the Best”.

Your appreciation of our service & hospitality is very inspiring and will motivate us to scale greater heights of excellence.

Thank you for recommending our hotel, our amenities, our team & our complimentary offerings like wifi and breakfast and airport transfer. We shared your review in our daily team briefing and you just made our day :)

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued visits.