“Best tour guide in Mumbai”

Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay
Ranked #5 of 384 Mumbai (Bombay) B&B and Inns
Vienna, Austria
“Best tour guide in Mumbai”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at Sachin's place twice and both times were awesome. He is a very intelligent and knowledgeable host, and more than that, he is a fantastic tour guide. He took us round everywhere in Mumbai and he literally offers a 24-hour service (picking us up at the train station at 4 in the morning twice, arranging our travel tickets, taking us shopping, getting up at 4 in the morning to go to the fish market…etc ). His family is really welcoming too and his mum cooks amazing food!
The apartment is a 40 min train ride to CST station and you will be very happy coming home to your own apartment after a day in crazy Mumbai.

Even if you don't end up staying at the apartment, I definitely recommend using Sachin as a tour guide. He speaks perfect English, is very sensitive and accommodating and shows you the parts of Mumbai you would otherwise never get to see!!! You won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susanne G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pune, India
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have availed the service from this homestay for organising our Kerala tour and Kashmir tour.
Homestay owner Mr. Sachin Choudhary is very co-operative, honest and cool person. And he has got good contact and connection with other homestays in Kerala which he can well manage.
Mr. Sachin is very good guide and host for Mumbai (Bombay) trip.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Desai10
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Sachin is the coolest man, ever I met. And he took me lots of nice places and explain about India's culture which i always confused and doubted..
I told him, thanks alot and you are kindness person.
As he said, he is just devoted. Yes.. He is for sure!!

Sinciery I appreciate alot..

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I don't reach Sachin's apartment until March 2014 but I have already experienced his hospitality through the conversations we have already had. Looking forward to updating with a proper review and my experience once I've actually stayed there!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Will R
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed only two nights in Sachins Apartment, but we had three AWESOME days! Sachin is the most devoted, friendly and helpful host and Mumbai guide you can imagine.
You stay in his apartment alone, one room plus bathroom, toilet and kitchen. It´s a nice experience to have your own little home in Mumbai, especially for all travelers who doesn't want to feel like a typical tourist. The flat is basic, indian style. Don't expect anything fancy. But who wants it fancy, if there is Sachin and his family!! They live just around the corner, in the evening the mother cooked for us and let me even sneak into the kitchen to learn some things. They are incredibly nice and charming, I loved them from the very first second.
And Sachin, well he is the best host and guide you can have! He not just offers you the flat, it includes ALL his help and travel service! He got up at four in the morning to help my friend getting a Rickshaw, then he stayed awake two more hours to go with me to the fish market. An amazing experience. He also went one day through whole Mumbai with us. Don't hesitate, go to Sachin - he is a GREAT guy!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SvenjaBerlin
Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

From the beginning of planning our trip to India, Sachin has been a gem. He helped with tickets, he shared his experience & advice (without the hard sell of majority of tour guides). Unfortunately we didnt get to stay at Sachins due to visa issues but we still spent a couple of days with him in Mumbai as our guide.He showed us around, taking all the uncertainty we would experience had we not had him with us. Thankyou so much Sachin, for all the time & effort you put into our journey.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindaCraig68
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hey! I stayed in Sachins apartment for 4 days and it was a great experience, especially because it is my first time in India and Mumbai was my first stop. He showed me around and it was a good mix of tourist stops and places I would have never gone to by myself. Sachin is a great guy and was very helpfull with planning my further journey, esp. booking the train ticket and finding other accommodations. Being a girl traveling by myself I felt very safe with Sachin by my side. I can absolutely recommend his homestay if you are looking for the real indian experience!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo