Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay
US$114
Agoda.com
US$312
  • Pool
All reviewshome stayreal indiagas stoveparents househelped us planmutton currychailocal trainan indianmemorable experiencebasic amenitiesmulundapartmentsuburbairportcolabaprivacy
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We started our one month journey of India in the beginning of February, Mumbai was our first destination.We found this place trought airbnb. Sachin came and picked us up from the airport at really early hours, we thought we would have to menage our way to his place on our own, luckily he was waiting for us outside the terminal, probably a few hours.
Staying at his place was a real eye opener for the real life of India and how they actually live. Apartment is located in a suburbs, where you will find no tourists, which was for us a plus. Best guide, best value for money. You dont get just a room, but a whole apartment with functioning kitchen and western toilet, plus a caring host, and possibly a friend!
He would check up if you arrived in the apartment safely when the hours starts being late, this is especially important for alone traveling girls!
Excellent guide to whom you can turn to at any point on your trip in India for advice, help, booking a train or other hotels, he has good connections and recommendations for places to stay and ways around! This is for him a job, altho he doesnt ask, tip him for his services as much as you can afford!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xbig_girl
sachinc15nov, Owner at Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

thanks Ana

I am happy that i could manage to give you real and true feel and experience of india.
I tried from my side best , but also it was your curiosity and enthusiasm to understand the culture and community helped you lot to get an experience of the place and country.

Sachin

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Many travellers I met told me they found Mumbai stressful, especially if it was their port of arrival in India. This will not be the case if you stay in Sachin's apartment. If you stay with him your stay in Mumbai is guaranteed to be a rewarding experience.

Sachin met me at the airport. His apartment is about an hour by train to the centre of Mumbai, but this in itself is what makes staying there a great experience as you get to see a residential part of Mumbai and get used to riding the trains! The pleasant area where the apartment is has an interesting local market (which Sachin will guide you through introducing you to local snacks), beautiful temples and a serene park where locals congregate in the evening.

I found the apartment cosy and very comfortable. Much more homely than a hotel room.

Sachin offers his services as a guide and one day he took me all around Mumbai, which meant I got to see a lot more of the city and relax as I wasn't always searching for places. Sachin is a very genuine open person and nothing feels forced. We did some cooking together and one evening I cooked for his family.

Staying with Sachin will give you a lot more confidence before setting off on your adventures around India. He helped me organise an Indian SIM card and dongal and took me to the train station to buy my onward ticket. He is also on hand to help you arrange further travel and accommodation in India. I stayed with a lovely lady in a remote seaside town which I would never have found through Lonely Planet! He has also helped me book train tickets as I travel through India. All in all staying with Sachin is really a must!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank lisainindia
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Sachin was the perfect guide to bring us around the whole of Mumbai. We went from south to Central to north and I'm sure we seen many things we would not have if we had tried to navigate on our own. Although we didn't stay at his place cause of a slight mix up with bookings this was only a small hiccup and he recommended somewhere fine for us instead. I would have no hesitation in recommending Sachin as a guide for anyone that wants to get a real sense of Mumbai!!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank del1978
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We visited Mumbai for two nights in feb 14.
Sachin met us at the airport and dropped us to the hostel. Although we didn't stay with due to the apartment already being in use, Sachin was our guide for the two days.
Without him we wouldn't have seen the real Mumbai, he showed us south, central and north Mumbai. A real gentleman and great guide for a fantastic city.
Couldn't say enough about him, and if you crave the real city, life and culture of Mumbai you couldn't get better!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Sachin's apartment was already booked on the days that I was traveling to Mumbai so instead I stayed with his family for two nights in their home. I was there only a short time (2 days and 2 nights) and used Sachin as my guide. He was very knowledgeable about Mumbai and brought me to many places. On my first day there we left the house at 6 am and returned at midnight! Sachin brought me to see some caves that had a lot of very entertaining monkeys, as well as to the fish market, water buffalo farms, and all of the other main sites and monuments around Mumbai. He also introduced me to many new foods. We used local transit such as the train which gives a great experience of day to day travel in Mumbai. Before I even arrived in Mumbai, Sachin was assisting me in booking a train ticket. He also called the rickshaw driver that took me to the airport to make sure that I arrived there alright. I would highly recommend Sachin as a tour guide to see Mumbai. He goes above and beyond to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo