“Homely stay”

Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay
Ranked #3 of 402 Mumbai (Bombay) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 May 2014

"I felt very homely , the place and room were quite good. More over Mr. Sachin is too friendly and helped us in all means.I would like to thanks Mr. Sachin for his wonderful support and all the arrangements he did for us.I can confidently suggest this place to others.
The place is as same as what we see in the snap provided ,everything is well kept and clean. Sachin is ready for giving 24 hrs support.
Once again I would like to thank sachin for making our stay wonderful. "

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I'm a 55 years old swiss guy and I've staid 4 nights at Sachin's apartment. It was a great experience for me as I've always been travelling in India in hotels or guest-houses in tourist areas (this was my 6th time in 30 years).
My first very good surprise was the Mulund location of the apartment. It is a very interesting real indian (hindu) area, safe and quite clean, with lots of mid-class and family people (and without any tourists). You have markets, many shops, bars, restaurants (veg and non-veg), alcohols shops, ... even a peaceful garden, in fact everything you can need when you are staying in one place. You also can, without any problem, walk around at night and talk with locals. It's also nearby a train station, very convenient to go south Mumbai. Nevertheless you must be aware that Mulund is about 30 km from south Mumbai and it can take quite a long time to go there (only 40' to 60' by train, but you must leave before 7 am if you want to be sure to get inside). It also means that if you want to experiment some night life spots in south Mumbai, you better stay there for one night and then come back to Mulund.
The independent apartment itself is exactly as described, clean, western toilet and hot shower, a very powerful fan. It is a very good quality/price (Mumbai is indeed a very expensive city for lodging). All the needed facilities are in 1 to 10 minutes walking distant, so this is very convenient. It is also 10 minutes walk to Sachin's home where you can use any time of the day his computer to surf on internet (it is not a very fast connection, but sufficient enough to surf without getting mad).
I've spend 5 all days with Sachin and I must say he is a very nice, helpful and trustily guy that knows very well Mumbai. In fact, he is a real professional guide and don't hesitate to go with him around, he will show you many things that you will not be able to discover by yourself (from the use of the marvelous and useful Mumbai's trains, quite impossible to do it alone if you only stay in Mumbai a few days, to a perfect breakfast that you didn't even know it could exist). If you are interested about bollywood, Sachin has some connection that may help to see some shooting movies. If you go around with Sachin, don't forget that it is his job and naturally he must be paid for that, and believe me, it's quite cheap for such a helpful guiding and very worthily.
Thanks to Sachin, I experienced something new, authentic and, as I was alone this time, I really want to come back with my wife one day.

5  Thank scubabeer
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The time when I met this room’s owner Sachin is 15th March. At that time my flight arrived at over 23:00. But he picked up me at the airport and fight against drivers of auto. Maybe only I could not have fought against them.

The next day he showed me around South Mumbai. Fish market, Gate of India, Taj Mahal Hotel… everything was very interesting. Above all, he explained about historic buildings, many places, good restaurants, various shops and delicious dishes, walking.
In addition, he told me how I go to places. He told me “you can go to the places by this A/C bus or this number bus.If you are worried, I will come with you to the bus stop.”
He is one of the most kindly persons that I have met in Japan and India!

By the way, one day his mother made Chapati for us. This is the most delicious that I have eaten in India. This is sweet and goes very well with curry! I never forget this taste… If you have chance, try to eat!

Although his room is very reasonable, his room is very clean and is equipped with facilities. I didn’t face the trouble during my stay in Mumbai!
The neighbors near the room are very kind and friendly.
In Holly we played with them and their children.
It was memorable experience…

Thank you for great experiences in Mumbai, Sachin.

1  Thank ShotaIijima
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at Sachin's place for 2 days upon arrival in India. The apartment was already rented out so I was offered to stay together with Sachin and his family in their apartment, which I was very happy for. I got my own room and had my own privacy, but at the same time I felt highly accepted as a part of the family and we had such a good time and good conversations together. On top of that, Sachin's mum is a wonderful cook.
Sachin himself is the perfect host and guide. He came to pick me up in the airport, unexpectedly. He is such a great guy and always up for good and inspiring conversations. As a female travelling alone I felt very good and safe in his company. He is extremely helpful in any situation and really does the best for his guests. It is easy to sense that his job is his passion.
He expects to receive a donation for guiding around, which I find highly fair as this is his job.

So, if you go to Mumbai I will strongly recommend you to meet this guy and stay at his place.

3  Thank diddebjoern
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This journey began in before I even left for Delhi, when Sachin helped me to plan my entire trip in India. We decided on a visit to Jibhi, so Sachin helped me to book a bus from Delhi north into Himachal Pradesh and the small Village of Jibhi.
There we stayed at a homestay in a small cottage nestled up on the side of a mountain just above a little river. We were greeted by Sachin's family who provided us with a map on arrival of several different hikes and day treks to take from the cabin and even guided us on some themselves. They are truly wonderful people and give a great feeling of being at ease.
Our stay was so wonderful and peaceful, I would highly recommend letting Sachin help you explore India. He has guided us to some unforgettable memories and a great love for India.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank isabel_moving
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We started our one month journey of India in the beginning of February, Mumbai was our first destination.We found this place trought airbnb. Sachin came and picked us up from the airport at really early hours, we thought we would have to menage our way to his place on our own, luckily he was waiting for us outside the terminal, probably a few hours.
Staying at his place was a real eye opener for the real life of India and how they actually live. Apartment is located in a suburbs, where you will find no tourists, which was for us a plus. Best guide, best value for money. You dont get just a room, but a whole apartment with functioning kitchen and western toilet, plus a caring host, and possibly a friend!
He would check up if you arrived in the apartment safely when the hours starts being late, this is especially important for alone traveling girls!
Excellent guide to whom you can turn to at any point on your trip in India for advice, help, booking a train or other hotels, he has good connections and recommendations for places to stay and ways around! This is for him a job, altho he doesnt ask, tip him for his services as much as you can afford!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xbig_girl
sachinc15nov, Owner at Explore Globe Mumbai Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

thanks Ana

I am happy that i could manage to give you real and true feel and experience of india.
I tried from my side best , but also it was your curiosity and enthusiasm to understand the culture and community helped you lot to get an experience of the place and country.

Sachin

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Many travellers I met told me they found Mumbai stressful, especially if it was their port of arrival in India. This will not be the case if you stay in Sachin's apartment. If you stay with him your stay in Mumbai is guaranteed to be a rewarding experience.

Sachin met me at the airport. His apartment is about an hour by train to the centre of Mumbai, but this in itself is what makes staying there a great experience as you get to see a residential part of Mumbai and get used to riding the trains! The pleasant area where the apartment is has an interesting local market (which Sachin will guide you through introducing you to local snacks), beautiful temples and a serene park where locals congregate in the evening.

I found the apartment cosy and very comfortable. Much more homely than a hotel room.

Sachin offers his services as a guide and one day he took me all around Mumbai, which meant I got to see a lot more of the city and relax as I wasn't always searching for places. Sachin is a very genuine open person and nothing feels forced. We did some cooking together and one evening I cooked for his family.

Staying with Sachin will give you a lot more confidence before setting off on your adventures around India. He helped me organise an Indian SIM card and dongal and took me to the train station to buy my onward ticket. He is also on hand to help you arrange further travel and accommodation in India. I stayed with a lovely lady in a remote seaside town which I would never have found through Lonely Planet! He has also helped me book train tickets as I travel through India. All in all staying with Sachin is really a must!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo