“Heritage Walk”

Raconteur Walks Mumbai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Started to, for and by the love of Mumbai, Raconteur Tours Mumbai is this city's biggest name in tourism. Providing guests many ways of seeing Mumbai city since 2010, we specialize in providing walk tours, city tours by car/coach, cycling tours, sailing tours and tourism experiences like the dabbawallas, dhobi ghat, malkhamb yoga, street food tours and many more. Dont just 'see' Mumbai, 'Live' Mumbai with Raconteur Tours Mumbai
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Sudhev (I think? I forgot who my guide was) met me at the McDonald's across from CST for a walk past CST/Municipal Corporation, down DN Road, past Flora Fountain, and a pause across David Sassoon Library. Then we turned right and walked along Bombay College, the High Court, and past Oval Maidan, ending up at Marine Drive. The focus of the walk was architecture and history of those who made them--you get to see the development of Neogothic, Mughal-influenced, Neocolonial, and Art Deco buildings built during the colonial period. It was very informative for a frequent visitor to Mumbai, and they give a nice souvenir at the end of postcards showing the city back in the day. South Bombay is of course, my favorite part of town with the beautiful buildings and colorful activities on the street , and now I know some more about it because of this lovely, well-organized walk!

1  Thank moniv88

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The heritage walk made passing through Mumbai so meaningful. Even though I was a tourist(my second trip to the city) I feel a connection with the city that will last for ever.
Special thanks to our guide, Avrosh who made the whole experience very memorable. I felt like I had a long conversation with an old friend. He was both knowledgeable and passionate about Mumbai and its history.
I would like to thank the team for organizing the walk at such a short notice and the thoughtful gift as memorabilia.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Thank you very much for showing me a different Mumbai. I dont think so i can cross CST or any of the places we covered without thinking of the history behind it. It gave me a new lens to see the city. I highly recommed the walking tours. The guide, Avrosh, was very friendly and the best thing about him that he kept the tour and story telling simple and conversational. He was very knowledgeable and kept us engaged with his hi-story telling. Thank you very much for such a nice tour. :)

Cheers. :)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank poojam_mum
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have lived in Bombay/Mumbai for over 50 years, however this walkabout showed us a side of the pre & colonial city that we were never exposed to. Experiences included history of the Gothic. Mughal, Rennaisance, Art-Deco architecture assimailted intoi the throbbing lives/smells of the modern city. A treat for tourists, visitors, non-residents and residents

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Sumant N
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent our sunday morning with Viraat showing us the sights of South Mumbai. Really pleasant experience doing a walking tour in mumbai (not something I would have thought at first) but after going through it, it really was a pleasant experience. Viraat was very knowledgable with the historical facts of Mumbai.

Thanks for the last min arrangement of our tour too. really appreciate it !

1  Thank IvanKoh88