“Missing dishes from their extensive brunch menu”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #423 of 14,506 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Price range: US$18 - US$25
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Join us for our Sunday Brunch at Le Pain Quotidien and savour our unlimited a la carte menu. Choose from a broad selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options prepared with the freshest and choicest of ingredients, accompanied by our organic breads. A set menu which changes weekly allows guests to order as many items as they like from classic breakfast dishes to hot entrees and specials, all inspired from the traditional menu. Watch out for the free-flowing supply of our home-made sangrias, local beer and wine and selected cocktails! Timing: Sundays, 12-3:30 pm, with last call at 3:00 pm. Price: Rs. 1250 + taxes (without alcohol) Rs. 1450 + taxes (with alcohol) Prices are subject to change
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Missing dishes from their extensive brunch menu”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were sorely disappointed at the rapid rate with which the dishes were disappearing from the restaurants brunch menu on a Sunday. It was very embarrassing to find out that we would have to eat plain La Pain if we wanted to enjoy our brunch. Every item right from the soups, appetizers, entres and the desserts were becoming unavailable. The deserts were abysmally disappointing. The service was so disconnected that at times we were sorely tempted to drop a glass for attention. Come to think of it ,I did hear a few glasses being broken from the neighbouring tables during our brunch.

Visited January 2014
lepainquotidienindia, Representative at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and suggestions. The issues you mentioned are certainly not acceptable for Le Pain Quotidien.
I will ensure a detailed follow-up is conducted in order to avoid such shortfalls.
The standard of service experienced by you is definitely not the level that we aspire to achieve. I trust you will give us another opportunity to make amends.

Kind regards,
Nikoulina Berg
General Manager Operations

• Korean first
Seattle
“Good Bakery, or Lunch or Dinner in Colaba”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Colaba is thee place to stay in Mumbai. Chic stores, tons of cafes and restaurants, sights etc. One street, Apollo Bunder, is chock full of amazing places to eat. Its location, just one block away from the Taj Hotel means that these places are mid-value (not low-budget). Ate at Le Pain Quotiden twice during my 5 nights in Mumbai. Delicious breads and panini sandwiches. Nice ambiance inside.

• Visited November 2013
lepainquotidienindia, Representative at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Compliments such as yours only make us strive for more. We thank you for your continuous support and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Nikoulina Berg
General Manager Operations
Sydney, Australia
“Best Coffee and Cake in India so far ??”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Just had a large coffee latte and cheese cake and was just like being back home in Australia ! Even had the coffee in a bowl , and prices like home ?? But hey i'm on Holidays
But so worth it , haven't had much good coffee in India but come here if you need a Coffee Fix !!

• Visited November 2013
“Blaaahhh”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The location is great, decor is fabulous and warm vibe emanating from it reminds of a European street cafe; but alas the good points end here only.

The food menu is short and overpriced.

I asked for a watermelon based cooler off the counter, but still it took 10 minutes to reach my table. Oh I understood, it must be walking with a stick!! The joke ends here as the taste was a serious question about how watermelon (which are in season and so should be fresh, right?) juice should be made. It was tasting sour and bitter in places; add to it watery look and not so clean container.

Till main is to be arrived, they served assorted bread basket. But no cheese and only olive oil; not to mention the bread getting harder with flow of ACs.

The main comprising only of Chicken Pasta in tomato sauce was not so great to look forward to. Bland pieces of chicken, oily pasta and blah sauce; what can be said about it!!!

So far so bad, coming back to this branch is now out of question

• Visited June 2013
“bland French cuisine.”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Have had sooo much about this place especially when its reviews splashed all over that it was obviously not me to give it a miss! Being an obsessed foodie and my hunger to check out new places to eat (no pun intended) I visited this place twice, but was disappointed on both counts. Blame my lack of fondness for French cuisine or the fact that this place generally lets out a dull vibe in terms of service, that I felt disappointed the minute I opened the menu. However, I decided to give it a shot and ordered a Bruschetta Platter, a cookie platter and a chicken & psto sandwich. The dishes lacked taste and did not do justice to the enormous bill which followed. I would still not be too upfront about my review as I would like to give the benefit of doubt that my palette is just not suited for bland French cuisine.

Visited March 2013