“The best Biryani I EVER had in my life.”
Review of Dum Pukht

Dum Pukht
Ranked #47 of 14,802 Restaurants in Mumbai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had heard a lot about this restaurant and especially the Biryani. I had the vegetarian Biryani which was heavenly. The service was exceptional and the cutlery the finest I have ever seen in any 5 star hotel in India or abroad.
Will visit this restaurant again certainly and would like to introduce my family to ITC in Bangalore. Perhaps we shall visit for the kids birthdays or the marriage anniversary.
Would have loved to try out different food in the menu during my 4 day stay in ITC Grand Maratha at Mumbai...

Keep it going Dum Pukht Chefs and the staff. The expectations I have of you are are in the stratosphere and will hold you accountable to the highest standards each and every time I visit you for the heavenly food fit for the Gods... :-)

Cheers, N

ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at Dum Pukht, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the exquisite review.
Dum Pukht’s cuisine is considered to be amongst the most complex, rich, intense and flavoursome. Indeed, guests relish a regal repast as they experience an evocative presentation of aromas, flavours and textures.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Chef Kasi takes care of your special preferences and also can give you good recommendation on choice of menu, if one is not well versed in South Indian Cusine!

Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed dining at our south Indian restaurant Dakshin Coastal , ITC Maratha.

Chef Kasi is pleased to know that you liked his recommendation.
During your next visit, we look forward to receiving you at Dum Pukht, our Awadhi cuisine restaurant.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Visited Dum Pukht during the Chef's Table Week... Well what can I say ... They just make you feel like a King.
Its a SIX course sit down buffet where they dish out their finest preparations. The decor is grand, cutlery is finest and service is unmatched...
For starts : melt in the mouth Kakori and perfectly flavored murgh chandi tikka
Then a tomato soup followed by a Murg Khushk Purdah ...I had never eaten this preparation before and it was the show stopper of the evening.
Then came Nehari and black daal ... And then the grand Lamb Biryani
For sweet : pista kulfi ...
Now all in all the food was good ... Not over the top .. But good ...
But what sets this place apart from the rest is the generosity of the host ...
Realizing my friend had eaten the same menu last year, they served us some chicken kebabs and sinfully delicious gulab jamun on the house ... They known how to take care of their guest soo well...
Recommendation to the management :
1) next time if you'll are a part of this event, please change the menu
2) there was loud music playing outside Dum Pukht which spoilt the ambience

ITC_MarathaMumbai, Manager at Dum Pukht, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this wonderful review.

We are glad you enjoyed dining at our royal Awadhi Cuisine at Dum Pukht , ITC Maratha. Dum Pukht offers a large repertoire with dishes telling a royal tale. We would like to have the opportunity to have you here for many more of such delightful experiences in future. We have noted your suggestions.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

i loved peshawari signature dal bukhara. and panner paratha .panner tava subji was also delicious. as we had limited choice we couldnt order for any rice or biryani.

2  Thank kashmirathaker
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at Dum Pukht, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recounting your experience at Peshawri. We are glad that you enjoyed the dinner.

During your next visit, please savour a meal at Dum Pukht, our Awadhi Cuisine restaurant at the ITC Maratha.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I planned my wife's birthday dinner at Dum Pukht, ITC Maratha, Mumbai. We made advance reservations for 2 and were greeted by a cheerful hostess at the reception. Plush interiors, perfect lighting and cutlery fit for royals were on grand display! We opted for the pre-determined "veg only" meal that comprised of two starters, 2 veggies + dal, biryani, breads and choice of desserts. I ordered some white wine to accompany the food.

The food was simply amazing! Dudhiya Kebab is a must try, it simply melts in your mouth! Aloo bukhara kofta was also pretty amazing! Desserts (shahi tukda, gulab ki kheer and kulfi badhsah) were the perfect culmination of our delightful evening! Not to forget the excellent wine collection!

Service: Easily one of the best I have ever witnessed! Attendants were not hovering around to appear intrusive, yet attentive enough that I did not have to beckon them!

Food: Easily amongst the top 3 North Indian/Mughlai places in India

Ambience: Luxury at its best

Beverages: Only tried the wines, satisfied. Just one suggestion, wide selection for wine served in bottles but limited collection for glass! They can easily expand the "by glass" menu!

Overall: Perfect evening restaurant for that special occasion

1  Thank rohanmittal
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at Dum Pukht, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation, we are glad that you had a memorable evening.

At Dum Pukht, the ceremonial dining spread is laden with the finest repertoire of delicacies and indeed it is relished in an ambience resplendent with Mughal pomp. The decor inspired by a paradisiacal garden, lifts the unique Awadhi cuisine to extraordinary heights.

This is why Dum Pukht serves not just a cuisine, but an experience that goes beyond mere satisfaction of appetite to the realm of sensuality:

We look forward to welcomng you back!