“stay on 6th June Mrs. Sharmila pinheiro”

InterContinental Marine Drive
Ranked #40 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Navi Mumbai, India
“stay on 6th June Mrs. Sharmila pinheiro”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed,for the 1st time at intercontinental n my room no was 554 .........my experience was horrible where service was concerned, I was staying with my 9year old daughter and an infant of 3 days ....had asked for two glasses of milk which took them more than an hour to deliver it to my room. another incident was I had asked for a bandage which was not delivered to my room till I had to go down to conceirge n personally take it from them.....got back from a function around 1am with my daughter n an infant , two bags n no one came forward to help .
Also the house keeping staff picked up my milk thermos thinkingit to be the hotels property they didn't feel the need to ask before taking it n it took them half a day to return it back .
I am surprised at the service level your hotel offers with service would never return or refer it to any of my overseas friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank motherhen555
MKrishnamoorthy, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Mrs. Pinheiro,

Thank you so much taking time out and writing about us. We appreciate your candid feedback and apologize the service short falls during your stay.

We are taking this on a serious note and your feedback has been communicated to the relevant teams. We are working on both process and people to minimize such service glitches and make all our guest stays memorable.

We hope this one of experience is not detrimental to our relationship and we do get another opportunity to showcase our services yet again.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Manas Krishnamoorthy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I could not be happier with my stay!

A great welcome as a Platinum Ambassador and a complimentary upgrade to a corner sea-facing room.

Great staff and facilities and splendid location for exploring Mumbai.

My only gripe - As others have mentioned, the roof-top pool is nice but perhaps a little more effort could be made to make the area more inviting.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Intercontinental Marine Drive and patronizing our services.

We are glad that that you enjoyed your stay and indeed we have the best view of the Arabian sea and the Marine drive from our rooms. We also acknowledge your candid feedback about the upkeep of Dome, relevant teams have been communicated about the same.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the city. Please do connect to our Facebook and Twitter pages to get regular updates on entertainment and innovations.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My friend booked this room for a common friends bachelorette. I wasn't expecting much from this hotel.
As I walked in my friend said we were upgraded to a sea facing room.OMG!!!!!
Free 30mins in room spa. OMG!!!!
Free chocolates welcomed us. OMG!!!
It was the perfect luxurious weekend.
The breakfast has a good spread.
The sea facing room was splendid.
Loved everything about the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
MKrishnamoorthy, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Intercontinental Marine Drive and patronising our services.

We are delighted with your feedback. Indeed one of the best views of the Arabian Sea and the Queen's necklace makes an alluring sight from both our rooms and restaurants.

We are glad you enjoyed all our services and had a great stay. Please visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to get regular updates on entertainment and innovations across the hotel.

We look forward to welcome yo back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Finally a good hotel on Marine drive.
The reception was very welcoming & check-in efficient & friendly. Dark ominous lobby.
Great sea facing room, large & very well equipped. Bathrooms could have had a warmer decor though.
Excellent masala tea. Good breakfast in a nice restaurant but it was freezing COLD.
The roof top could be more aesthetically decorated for the monsoon; can't see the sun set!
And it is quite expensive.
Apart from the noisy wedding party that disturbed our sleep at 3am & the cold ambiance this is a great hotel & good value for money especially when you consider the excellent location.

Room Tip: Sea facing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MKrishnamoorthy, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Intercontinental Marine Drive and taking time to write about us.

We are delighted that you liked the room and our services. We do have the best view from our rooms and outlet as it shows the marine drive amidst the soothing Arabian sea. We also appreciate your candid feedback about the breakfast and this has been communicated to the relevant teams to work on corrective actions on priority.

Please visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to get updates on new innovations and entertainment across our product and services. Look forward to welcome you back soon.

Vancouver
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Wanted to watch the sunset from a lovely roof deck for my last night in Mumbai. Had seen how gorgeous the Four Seasons looked online, but the Oberoi concierge said that it would take too long as traffic was bad this evening. So I was recommended to go down the street from the Oberoi to the Intercontinental as they too have roof bar. BIG MISTAKE!!! After placing my order for food and a drink I asked my server for the WiFi password. However, despite their RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED food and drink, I was denied the access as I was staying at a different hotel. ( Seriously?!?!). Drink came fairly quick and was tasty, food however was quite different than described on the menu. Was to be a ravioli with cheddar and sage, butter sauce appy but came covered in raw chopped chilies and (I think) raw onion, which I happen to be extremely allergic to. After the nonsense about the wifi I thought it better not to complain about the misrepresented food and just eat it. I finished the good and my drink and sat there for 25 minutes with no one coming to check on me. The bar was less than half full so no excuses and there were multiple servers just standing around talking to each other. Finally, after pointedly looking at my watch multiple times and pulling my wallet out, the server finally came over to ask if I wanted anything else-I said no, I was finished. I then waited another 10min and had to ask again for the bill. 2500 inr for a cocktail and appetizer and appalling service!!! STAY AWAY and give your support to hotels that understand customer service, like any SPG, Taj or Oberoi property. Intercontinental Mumbai, you should be ashamed!!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TravelAngelVancouver
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for visiting Dome and taking the time to write about us.

We appreciate your candid feedback and understand the inconvenience caused. We offer Wi-Fi to all in-house guests, however guests visiting us at all other outlets and public areas can be given access with a password as we have packages on hourly basis, this should have been offered to you.

Feedback for food, service and over all process has been discussed with relevant team members and this will be looked into on a priority basis. I, understand no words will probably replace the unpleasant experience you have had, and we would like another opportunity to showcase our services and hospitality.

We understand you have choices and appreciate and acknowledge your business.

Please write to me personally on manas.krishnamoorthy@ihg.com when you visit Mumbai on your next business trip.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were recommended this Hotel by family as we wanted to stay that side of Town and revisit Bombay. I was pleasantly surprised by their Large and well laid out rooms with all detailed comfort factors. The welcome Spa in the room was really welcomed !! The Wash rooms were large and plush.
We had a Full Frontal Sea View room which had the most Beeeeeeaaautiiiifullll view . That just made up for every thing.
Breakfast was substantial. Didn't get a chance to partake any other cuisine while there.
All in all it was a lovey stay .

Room Tip: Pay a little extra but take the full frontal Sea View room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MKrishnamoorthy, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Ms. Sangeeta,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Intercontinental Marine Drive, and taking the time out to write about us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the in-room spa and the your stay was comfortable. Our rooms indeed have one of the best view of marine drive and the Arabian sea. Do try our food offering at other outlets too.

Please visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to get regular updates and innovations across all our product and services.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 June 2014

i had booked this room for my first anniversary and was a surprise for my wife;
Lobby = very ambient.
Room = quite suite like (ours was a Partial sea view room) with touch screen electric buttons, wooden flooring, marble bathrooms, spacious as well) .
Service = exceptional(as they had already planned a cake in our room and they are always cordial and helpful in every small thing, we had a complimentary ,massage on our arrival which was very very good)
Food = very good but expensive (as usually all 5 stars are expensive).
Overall a very pleasant stay, just as i had planned.
Thanks to the team,
We enjoyed.

Room Tip: choose rooms with sea facing view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MKrishnamoorthy, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Mr. Vijayendra,

Congratulations on our first wedding anniversary and me along with my team join you in wishing many such wonderful years to come.

Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate this special day with us and taking the time out to write about us.

My entire team is delighted with your feedback and we are happy to make this memorable. Please do visit our Facebook and Twitter pages to get updates on entertainment and innovations across all our product and services.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.