“Delightful Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lalit Mumbai

The Lalit Mumbai
Ranked #23 of 436 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mysuru (Mysore), India
“Delightful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The reception at the airport was efficient and good. They had a manager for the airport services who even sent an message on to my mobile with all the details as soon as my flight arrived.
The check in was a pure delight. Ami Rajeshwari Rao, Guest Relations Manager was at the security to receive me and escort me straight to the room. All my internet coupons etc was ready even before I could ask for it. I felt she was very efficient and very courteous.
The food and service at 24X7 coffee shop during the non buffet time is poor. The staff are not good in service during non buffet times. I would advice guests to avoid coffee shop during the non buffet times.
The Bar has live music in the evening times. The cocktails are great and ambiance, service and attentiveness of staff is great. I would recommend it.
The room is spacious, clean, and air conditioning is good. The internet speed and service is good. I had an internet included in the room pricing. The amenities in the room were of good quality and in plenty. The complimentary water bottles were replaced twice daily and housekeeping was of an excellent quality.
I ate the afternoon thali at the Indian Restaurant. It was good. The food quality, quantity is great and the service is a delight. Mr Umesh Chitroda, Restaurant Manager is very attentive and very efficient in attending to all my needs.
The service, food quality and quantity at the morning breakfast is good. I was delighted by the spread, efficient hot counters for eggs, dosas etc. The staff are kind, attentive and serve you well, and efficiently. The earl grey tea which I had was great too.
I used the swimming pool and sauna. The pool is extremely clean and well maintained. The coach Mr. Hitesh was very efficient and helpful. The Sauna was good, clean and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel for Business, family as well as couples.
The hotel is spacious and you never feel the crowds. Great...

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 450 and everything was good, including the view and room size.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vijay S, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, 15 May 2014

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

We are glad to learn that you were happy with the overall services of our hotel. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

I shall certainly share your sincere word of recognition with my team here.

We have noted your feedback of the food and service at 24X7 coffee shop during the non buffet time is poor, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. May we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards and not to let this be an indelible perception.

We would certainly make the necessary amendments in this respective area so as to let our valued customers have a pleasant experience always and maintain confidence in the services of our hotel.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at The Lalit Mumbai.

General Manager, The Lalit, Mumbai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
LEICESTER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Both my wife and I were profoundly impressed with the food ,service and the quality of our room in this 5 star hotel . Furthermore , I cannot believe what a reasonable deal we got through swoosh hotels and with breakfast included . From the outset , WE would like to commend the entire hotel staff for their impeccable service and polite attitude toward all their guests . We have stayed in many 5 star properties but the Lalit must be one of few hotels where staff constantly dot over you and you truly feel that you are looked after like royalty . The reception hall of this hotel is on par with any royal palace with high rise ceilings and subtle decorative artefacts . The breakfast was out of this world and you were thoroughly spoilt for choice . I will definitely stay here again especially with its close proximity to the airport and yet no aircraft noise !!This hotel was true value fro money

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thane, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Excellant Property to stay. Good food with wide variety of delicacies in the buffets.
Excellant service. Manager was himself attending all the guests and making them feel comfortable.
The live counter at the buffet was excellant

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vijay S, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, 2 May 2014

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Overall experience has been very disappointing - from checkin issues to cleanliness and food quality was let down.

Corridors were stinking with petrol/kerosene and lobby had vomit smell.

Not Happy at all!!

Room Tip: Some rooms might have good view all I could see was other buildings from my window.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Amit K
Vijay S, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Kindly accept our most sincere and profound apologies for an incomplete experience and dissatisfaction caused to you on account of service and value.

We are truly distressed to learn about your experience in the hotel. We thrive to bring in to our valuable guests with rich and tasteful product and impeccable service year around, in view of which hotel has undertaken beautification work of hotel lobby and guest corridor. To avoid inconvenience to our guests hotel has also shifted the reception desk for 2 weeks to provide warm and welcoming service all through out the day and night to all our valuable guest as like you.

Much as we strive to serve our valued customers with highest and consistent standards of service, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. May we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards and not to let this be an indelible perception.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

I look forward to welcoming you personally.

With renewed apologies,

General Manager, The Lalit Mumbai
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is an excellent 5-Star Property very close to the Mumbai International Airport (about 10 min drive).
The hotel has a very huge lobby and the staff is very friendly.

In fact, though there was an error in my invoice (which I did not notice while cheking out) and made a payment, the Duty Manager Mr. Seeraj Shejwalkar gave his full support.

The incorrect payment made using my credit card was cancelled and a fresh payment was made for the revised invoice. All this, happened over the telephone!!!

Truly, this hotel offers excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sakthi85
Vijay S, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, 30 April 2014

Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Lalit Mumbai for 3 nights from 19 to 22 April 2014. A day earlier, we had stayed in Grand Hyatt (Mumbai, Santa Cruz).

It was a fabulous stay at The Lalit. The hotel was clean, comfortable, lavish and very grand. It was less luxurious than Grand Hyatt but it had a much bigger and comfortable room topped up with lavish and personal, warm hospitality feel that just was not there at Grand Hyatt. Complimentary bottles of water every day as well as luxurious toiletries and a separate shower in the bathroom (not in the bathtub) were very welcomed.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner and airport transfers were all included in our package but we never took lunch as we were usually having late breakfasts and the spread was so massive that everyday we ended up spending at least an hour at the table. We particularly enjoyed the freshly cooked puri bhajis, chole bhatura, as well as some continental dishes.

We had dinner everyday at the 24/7 Cafe Restaurant and were quite pleased with the overall variety and spread. About 15 to 20 separate dishes everyday and they included food with and without gravy. So if you are fed up with spicy indian food (like we did at some point in time during our trip), there are many other alternative dishes.

We did not try their swimming pool or spa.

Location wise, the hotel is just 3 minutes drive from the International airport and about 20 mins drive from the domestic airport. My wife wanted to experience travel by the mumbai local train and we took an auto just outside the hotel to Andheri railway station and the trip cost us just Rs 50 for a 15 minutes ride.

The best part of the hotel is its very friendly and receptive staff. In particular, we very much appreciated the help and services of Mr Rahul Bhatnagar - the Deputy Housekeeper - who went out of his way to make our stay at The Lalit really memorable. We believe he is a real asset to the hotel and found his availability and willingness to help and please guests nothing short of exemplary, something we never came across in our previous high end hotel stays in India which included Grand Hyatt (Mumbai), Taj Mahal Palace (Mumbai), The Oberoi (Mumbai), Taj Mansingh (Delhi) and Taj Conemara (Chennai) i.e. some of the very finest hotels in India.

Overall, we liked our stay at The Lalit so much that we will definitely come back to this hotel next time we visit India. Very very highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lallMauritius

Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three days , it's really close to international airport ! Good rooms , clean and nice place ! Nice pool ! Three things bothered me while we were staying there internet was not free which in most of the countries u have free internet in the hotels and when we were in the gym 1 or 2 guys were always there and even I didn't need their help the were coming without any reason and standing next to you and stare which was useless and annoying ! But with my experience in India everywhere this can happen and it's really annoying !! And also the food was not that special and unreasonably expensive even for 5 star hotels in India since I lived there for 5 years I know the prices !!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SHAMIN R

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

We are glad to learn that you were happy with the cleanliness of the hotel and Pool. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

At the same time kindly accept our most sincere and profound apologies for the dissatisfaction and inconvenience caused to you with regards to Gym and Food resulted in an inadequate value being delivered to you.

We have taken your feedback seriously with the concerned teams for a review of our operating procedures and a corrective action thereof. Much as we strive to serve our valued customers with highest and consistent standards of service, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time.

With renewed apologies,