“indian taste and great ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lalit Mumbai

The Lalit Mumbai
Ranked #22 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
india
“indian taste and great ambience”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently visited this hotel.looked a bit old but still maintaining the shine.they r upgrading a bit for better looks now butr I m sure they have not come down on hospitality.my stay was pleasant in a nice and cozy room.make sure u prefer garden view.nearest to international airport is more comfortable.
indian cousine has street taste to savour.international is also at par. overall a bingo.

Room Tip: take garden view or poolside.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Vijay S, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, 22 May 2014

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

We are glad to learn that you were happy with the overall services of our hotel. Your words of appreciation are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

I shall certainly share your words of recognition with my team here.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at The Lalit Mumbai.

General Manager, The Lalit, Mumbai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Was staying due to an exhibition at Goregaon and for the close proximity to the venue. Very nice and clean property with attentive staff. Very nice breakfast spread. Was staying with a team of people and had booked for a total in between us for almost 100 nights.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Vijay S, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, 21 May 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We arrived very late and were picked up from the airport and shown into reception. There the check in was very efficient and courteous. We only stopped the one night had a good breakfast and were dropped back at the airport. We enjoyed the efficiency and the warmth of all the staff and would be very happy to stay there again. One small issue was that the rooms are great for two people but if there's a third then the room feels a little cramped. Overall though great.

Room Tip: If more then two people then book more then one room
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Vijay S, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, 19 May 2014

I shall certainly share your sincere word of recognition with my team here.

We have noted your feedback of the room being small for a family of three, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time.

We would certainly make the necessary amendments in this respective area so as to let our valued customers have a pleasant experience always and maintain confidence in the services of our hotel.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed in LaLiT for one day night during my US Trip and it was a very nice experience. Starting with a very warm reception at the entrance lobby and then getting escorted to the reception for a quick check in. The room was very comfortable. Dinner was too good and traditional food. Extremely courteous and helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

I shall certainly share your kind word of recognition with my team here.

Tucson
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We didn't want to leave such a luxurious place. The food was a pleasant adventure,service was exquisite and the people made you feel special. We had our grandson(12 years old) with us, and he enjoyed the beach everyday. Our room was a delight,to be in such comfort was heavenly.
I will always remember our stay with a smile on my face, and a nice feeling in my heart.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

I shall certainly share your kind word of recognition with my team here.

Vadodara, India
Reviewed 15 May 2014

a pleasant expperience, all we re as expected. Skipped lunch so asked for complimentry fruit basket that was enough as aftternooon snack. Rooms are spacious, swimming pool refreshing. Most beautiful is enterior view and lay out .The fountain in lobby is eyecatching, refreshing and innovative. Staff is courteous

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

It was a privilege to have you stay with us at The Lalit Mumbai.

I shall certainly share your word of recognition with my team here.

Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The reception at the airport was efficient and good. They had a manager for the airport services who even sent an message on to my mobile with all the details as soon as my flight arrived.
The check in was a pure delight. Ami Rajeshwari Rao, Guest Relations Manager was at the security to receive me and escort me straight to the room. All my internet coupons etc was ready even before I could ask for it. I felt she was very efficient and very courteous.
The food and service at 24X7 coffee shop during the non buffet time is poor. The staff are not good in service during non buffet times. I would advice guests to avoid coffee shop during the non buffet times.
The Bar has live music in the evening times. The cocktails are great and ambiance, service and attentiveness of staff is great. I would recommend it.
The room is spacious, clean, and air conditioning is good. The internet speed and service is good. I had an internet included in the room pricing. The amenities in the room were of good quality and in plenty. The complimentary water bottles were replaced twice daily and housekeeping was of an excellent quality.
I ate the afternoon thali at the Indian Restaurant. It was good. The food quality, quantity is great and the service is a delight. Mr Umesh Chitroda, Restaurant Manager is very attentive and very efficient in attending to all my needs.
The service, food quality and quantity at the morning breakfast is good. I was delighted by the spread, efficient hot counters for eggs, dosas etc. The staff are kind, attentive and serve you well, and efficiently. The earl grey tea which I had was great too.
I used the swimming pool and sauna. The pool is extremely clean and well maintained. The coach Mr. Hitesh was very efficient and helpful. The Sauna was good, clean and well maintained. I would recommend this hotel for Business, family as well as couples.
The hotel is spacious and you never feel the crowds. Great...

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 450 and everything was good, including the view and room size.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Vijay S, General Manager at The Lalit Mumbai, responded to this review, 15 May 2014

I shall certainly share your sincere word of recognition with my team here.

We have noted your feedback of the food and service at 24X7 coffee shop during the non buffet time is poor, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. May we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards and not to let this be an indelible perception.