“Pleasant stay”

The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments
Ranked #96 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stayed at The Emerald twice in 17 days, 3 nights at the beginning and 2 nights at the end during February. Good location for travel within Mumbai and domestic and international airports. Short walk to Juhu beach.

We arrived very early in Mumbai (5am) on the first day and were provided a free shuttle by the hotel from the international airport. Had a quick and efficient check-in on arrival. We asked for a room to freshen up as check-in not until 2pm. No problem. A nice clean room provided where to have a shower etc. We were then offered complimentary breakfast. Good choice of vegetarian food, more than enough to satisfy most people. Very attentive staff.

When we returned to the hotel in the evening, our luggage had been moved to the deluxe room we were to stay in for the duration. Clean room with comfortable twin beds joined together, fridge, TV, tea and coffee facility and bathroom with a good shower. The room was cleaned daily.

Lobby has free wi-fi and a business centre with three computers and a printer for guest use. All the staff at the reception, in the lobby and minding the door were polite and friendly. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HoponHopoff
TheEmeraldHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Guest, Many thanks for posting your experience with us here on Trip Advisor. I feel delighted to know you enjoyed the facilities and breakfast provided. I would personally recommend you to try our White Lotus Spa on your return visit. I would pass on your compliments to our staff which helps us stay motivated. Wait to serve you again.

There are newer reviews for The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel was very clean and all the staff were very friendly. food was excellent. we stayed 3times and enjoyed each visits. it near the shops. and also walking distance to the beach.The blue taxi outside can rip you off.otherwise it the best hotel we have stayed.

Room Tip: higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 36basil

Dear Guest, many thanks for being our loyal guest for long now. Its our constant endeavor to serve you better and i feel proud being successful. I wait to host you on your return visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Our visit to Bombay was for the purpose of shopping. The location is great for Santa Cruz - about 10 -20 minutes depanding on the traffic. Within walking distance are excellent boutiques, Juhu Beach and lovely restuarants.
The staff are very helpful at all times especially on reception and in the resturant. There was a mixup with our pick up at the airport but once sorted out and upon our arrival, we were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment which was spacious and clean.
There was free wifi in the lobby which was really great for us. The breakfast although somewhat repetitive had enough choice so we could vary it each morning.
I would definately stay at this hotel again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have one way tranfer included, use it for the return trip to the airport and just take a taxi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
TheEmeraldHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your feedback with us here on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. Await to serve you again.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Past 3 years we stayed have stayed in this hotel for 4 times, Each time we stayed for at least 3 weeks. General Manager. Duty Managers. and the rest of staff are very friendly and helpful, Good service through out .Nice tidy rooms , good breakfast. good food at the restaurant with great service.
with airport pickup and airport drop. At The Emerald it feels like second home. We find The Emerald
very comfortable to stay in Mumbai as we have been long stay guest.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
chetanmehta, Owner at The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear guest, many thanks for choosing us once again for your visit to Mumbai. I am glad that we have been able to live up to your expectations for the fourth time now. Look forward to serve you again and again for your visits to our city.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This is my second tiime at The Emerald and I am sure it will not be my last. I was landing at the domestic airport in the morning and flying out from the international airport the following morning so I wanted a a hotel near the airports and as this is a 25 minute drive away it just fitted the bill.
The online reservation was very efficient and when I had to e mail the hotel about my rescheduled flight the return e mail was very prompt.
The complimentary pickup at the domestic airport was excellent so I arranged for the hotel taxi to drop me off at the international airport the next morning. It costs more than the Cool Cabs but is more comfortable and I did not have to worry about my luggage being strapped to the roof of the cab.
The reception staff ensured a very efficient check in and with complimentary use of the business centre I was able to check in for my flight the following morning.
I was upgraded to a suite of rooms at the front of the hotel which ,although very nice , was not a big issue as I was only staying for the one night. However, I did find there was traffic noise and noise from the aircraft, the later until about 3am and restarting about 6am. However I appreciate that this is always the danger with city hotels near airports. Probably the price you have to pay.
Juhu Beach is only a short walk away so we were able to see the sunset there before having dinner at the restaurant attached to the Hotel,.
We ate pasta dishes there which were good.
Breakfast was good with a choice of fruit, cereals, toast and indian dishes.
The hotel was clean throughout and all the staff were very pleasant and helpful.
As I have already said, I am sure I will return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank for your return visit and writing your feedback with us here on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on hospitality and you clearly witnessed it. We really feel motivated and are ready to serve you on your return journey.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed at a number of hotels during our golden triangle trip all booked through cheapest 2 and tamarind travel. the hotels were excellent but the one that sticks out was the emerald in mumbai. Stayed there 2 nights 16 feb and 8th march The staff were very pleasant and couldnt do enough for us. Hotel staff picked us up at the airport and returned us back to the airport. we had a problem with our flight tickets to delhi. the tamarind rep and the hotel manager pulled out all the stops and sorted it out allowing us free use of the internet and printer. Hotel itself was clean and airy. in a good spot over the road from the beach. 8 th march we were upgraded to an apartment fit for royalty. wonderfull stay wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the hotel and the excellent food. wii use this hotel again.

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms both were really good could not fault anything
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, many thanks for posting your experience with us. It is our constant effort to make you feel home and i feel delighted that we were successful. I would also recommend you to try our White Lotus Spa for your next visit. Waiting to serve you again.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed here twice, when we entered the country and when we left. The rooms were comfortable and clean for the most parts. The food at the restaurant downstairs was delicious and catered for low calorie meals as well which is very rare in India. The manager was very hospitable and the staff were always friendly.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
chetanmehta, Owner at The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Guest, many thanks for posting your experience with us on Trip Advisor. I feel glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. I would personally pass on your compliments to the staff. Hope to see you again on your next tour to Mumbai.